Dots no longer helpful in defense???????

TyrantLeader

i heard hyperbole wins arguments. keep going, this is funny stuff.

Hey, since clicking 1 button before clicking on objective was too much for you, lets just remove all that hindrances about objectives and stuff and clicking.

Ah well, yeah, lets make it so every baddie can win and just proclaim winner by random regardless of anything else. I mean, why would better and more skillful team win just because they capped some stupid objectives there?

Edited by GrandMike

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty comparable to a mercenary. TRACER MISSILE TRACER MISSILE.

Well he still has to think about objectives...and stuff. Its TOO much :D Just want to remove that burden from terribads so they can hapilly spam 1 button :D

Edited by GrandMike

say he goes in 2v3 or 3v3 and his healer dies. they just outskilled the other players, but a dot prevents capping long enough for them to either respawn or reinforcements to show up.

you can keep trying to defend the cheese, but the devs have already decided. you lose.

grappling someone in to lava is cheese. vanishing in mid combat is cheese. being able to temp buff to near 30k hitpoints is cheese. all that cheese can buy your team extra time to get there to help you. but i don't see you whining about your cheesy abilities. Like your massive dmg reduction. Like I said previously, if you arnt able to cap a spot in a wz then you are doing something wrong. If a dot spammer is guarding a spot solo. you and 1 other can ez cap that and not even worry about dots. just bring a stealth with you. have stealth cap and you just grapple them to you and CC. with good timing and proper positioning you will cap the spot and lol. Or just bring someone to cleanse dot. I just dont know what to say. I play WZ about 10-15 times a day and I see objectives being capped and exchanging ownership all the time. it isnt impossible.

grappling someone in to lava is cheese. vanishing in mid combat is cheese. being able to temp buff to near 30k hitpoints is cheese. all that cheese can buy your team extra time to get there to help you. but i don't see you whining about your cheesy abilities.

if these or other stuff is cheese or not makes no difference about the topic. one cheese has been removed. and you are whining now why it has not been removed all at once?

only stupid devs do many changes at once! because you can't controll the outcome if you change too much.

that there might be still other cheese in the game does not make it less justified that this one has been removed. so your post is pointless.

I can't say I like or hate this change, time will tell. Theoretically (I repeat, just theoretically) this is a good change, because the games should be faster now = faster dailies = more valor/medals per day. But we shall see... Edited by VincentWolf

3 targets within 5 meters. and you cant spam it. I dont see how that 1 ability is going to let 1 person hold 1 objective for the whole match the way some claim it can.

BTW a stealth class can interrupt a cap, vanish and interrupt again. buying his team atleast as much time as that AE dot can. probably more if people would learn to cleanse. Guess what, as a trooper, i have a spell that detects invisible guys. and I use it. its great for finding those guys that want to vanish mid fight so they can buy their team time.

Vanish is a class ability on a 2 minute cooldown.

Interrupting a cap with actual direct damage attacks or incapacitate effects is working as intended.

speaking of ignorance... you dont remove your dots while there is still someone there casting dots. wait for them to die... apply cleanse now cap... derp derp

1- If I apply Corrosive Dart to an enemy, only Scoundrels, Commandos and heal-spec Sages can cleanse it. Any other class (including DPS-spec Sage) can't.

2- Cleanse abilities have a cooldown, while I can spam Corrosive Dart all day from 30m to keep people from capping.

3- If someone manage to kill me, the last thing I do will be put a Corrosive Dart on them, which will leave them twiddling their thumbs for 10sec+ instead of capping if they're a Guardian, Sentinel, Shadow, Gunslinger, Vanguard or DPS-spec Sage.

4- The devs realise this and have finally got around to fixing it. You lose.

Hey, since clicking 1 button before clicking on objective was too much for you, lets just remove all that hindrances about objectives and stuff and clicking.

Ah well, yeah, lets make it so every baddie can win and just proclaim winner by random regardless of anything else. I mean, why would better and more skillful team win just because they capped some stupid objectives there?

ahhh yes the old reductio ad absurdum. If the only way someone can defend a node is by dotting and dying then I would tend to believe that they're the bad ones.

Edited by Maleficium

Don't most classes have the ability to remove DoTs/other negative effects? I can purge dots, and frequently, even when I'm not heal specced.

I think any base class with a potential healing tree can do this, right? So everyone except knights/warriors. So to make it fair, how about just giving them an ability to purge dots?

That way you're keeping it fair, but not removing complexity from the game. I like complexity. Currently, if I see someone (who's not a knight/warrior) unable to cap because they're dotted, I assume they don't know how to play. Or they just took way too many DOTS or something.

I do agree with the compromise of having the DoT-giver's death cancel the effect. Better than removing it.

Edited by Stenrik

Let's analyse this in terms of the classes and specs affected:

- Marauder: short dots, doesn't affect them much in anni spec

- Madness/dot sorc: their ability to multidot was always hampered by high force costs. This is however a direct nerf to their ability to desperately dump force into preventing caps, especially since affli could not be cleansed.

- Lethality operative/sniper: they take a big hit from this, especially as their bread and butter is an AOE dot. They frankly didn't need this 3rd nerfbat on their class. Their dots are long, their burst is small, the class probably needs a buff in all specs now.

- Pyro merc/pt: their dots were often used to prevent caps. However, they do have alternate sources of direct damage to interrupt caps. Their ability to desperately prevent caps has been neutered but they are still overall strong.

Overall, I see the point of the change. Dots preventing caps could be used in a cheap way. If this change goes through however there is probably no need to increase the speeder cast time in alderaan as this will have some impact on defensive turtles by itself. Better to evaluate that and then see if further changes are needed.

Edited by Redmarx

Give every class a "Force of Will" ability which enables 8 seconds of uninteruptible goodness as long as no opposing faction are within 10meters, that coupled with the 3 second bike delay would fix alderan against solo DoT defenders. As for Voidstar just make the time to place a bomb 4 seconds, no more 0-0 draws.

Dots kinda gave some chance to defend for teams which were dominated by their rivals. If they remove that, next step should be to somehow balance the teams... How about adding cd on capping, if you are interrupted, you cant do that again for 5 secs... Edited by bubasparks

The change definitely makes it easier. But imo I can see why from my point of view of puging.

If your in a premade you KNOW you will be coordinated. If your in a pug, chances are there will be a few badies and no matter how much direction you give in chat they will always mess up in some way.

So yes this makes it easier, but it now gives pugs more of a chance against premades because they can now just roll on in and start fighting without having to worry about tactics like stunning to prevent a person from DoTing, or cleansing a DoT.

Also I just realized it doesn't even have to be a pug vs premade. It can be a pug vs pug.

What it really boils down to is that it's now a even playing field between a smart pvper and a not so smart one. Again he now doesn't have to stun or doesn't have to cleanse, instead can just keep on button smashing till the enemy dies. And I'm guessing the average player just wants to go in and fight.

Dots kinda gave some chance to defend for teams which were dominated by their rivals.

Dots kinda gave some chance to defend for teams that are completely absent at a node even if the dotter died and a node was left undefended.

See what I did there?

How can people not like this change is beyond me. This will make wz more dynamic with more back and forth action instead of zerging 2 side nodes and watching the enemy leave as they can't do ****. But I guess wanking over "MAI UBER SPARTA SKILLZ0RZ" (using the broken mechanic) holds bigger meaning to self-righteous sorcs/sages than the actual quality of the game.

Edited by gibmachine

Hilarious thread!

"Oh noes, I can't use my elite one-button skillz to defend a node against four baddies anymore! And why am I punished for selecting one of the few classes that can cleanse all dots? Damn you, BioWare, I'm unsubbing..."

+1 :D

In some cases more than 4.

Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives.

Are you kidding me? This is particularly helpful when you are solo defending and want to delay cap because your team is half way across the map... BW can't be serious. This doesn't make any sense. What is the reasoning for doing this....

Here is the RIGHT WAY TO DO THIS:::::

The right way would have been to have dots interrupt cap until the person is ALIVE, but once the person is dead the dots wear off.

damage from a alive player should stop cap even if i take off my shorts and fart in your direction for 1 hp damage or atleast slow.

Damage from my previous death should not still occur.. same effect can be seen on stealth classes sometimes that can't stealth after respawn for some reason be cause they are sitll in combat???

I got to say this is a good change. The dots in the game are insta cast on alot of them and so many classes have them its hard to get to work only on when a person dies, because you can have more than one dot on you and it can be from multiple players.

Removing the interupt on the interactions is good, you can still hit the person with regular abilities and they can still be hit by you ranges and AOE's so please don't act like this is truly game breaking for you.

AOE's abilities are key on the maps like Voidstar and Civil War, I see this as a positive change to the system. Now they just got to make sure it actually works and I can give them full credit for the change.

Because this was stupid to begin with and never should have been in the game at all. That being said, with the amount of CC in the game it kinda changes the way everything works in PvP. In any case, dots stopping caps was stupid from the start and should have never been part of the game.

Don't most classes have the ability to remove DoTs/other negative effects? I can purge dots, and frequently, even when I'm not heal specced.

I think any base class with a potential healing tree can do this, right? So everyone except knights/warriors. So to make it fair, how about just giving them an ability to purge dots?

That way you're keeping it fair, but not removing complexity from the game. I like complexity. Currently, if I see someone (who's not a knight/warrior) unable to cap because they're dotted, I assume they don't know how to play. Or they just took way too many DOTS or something.

I do agree with the compromise of having the DoT-giver's death cancel the effect. Better than removing it.

you like complexity but have such a fundamentally flawed understanding of the existing classes and abilities in the game...

I play a lethality sniper and a pyro merc.

DoT's are a core mechanic for both classes.

I am happy for this change.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to focus on someone with the giant cast bar over their head on a door......or the giant "HEY I AM CAPTURING" beam on civil war. All it takes is the equivalent of an auto attack to interrupt it. AoE if there is more than one person capping.

This change isn't dumbing down PVP

To keep this tab/dot auto pilot mechanic while defending in the game would be dumbing down PVP.