Wait... all I am doing is feeding Imperials kills... why pay for this?

Icedanno

It just hit me today as I finally got into a WZ after waiting 2 hours 15 minutes and having it start 8 imps to 4 republics. This happens all the time. ALL the time. I play during the day mostly, and since Imp population is almost twice republic, PvP is a joke now.

I don't want to role an Imp, thanks for pointing out the obvious. I like playing the good guys, and this is supposed to be a ROLE PLAYING game...

It takes days to get 3 wins in WZs, primarily due to most of the WZs spawn with Imperials having 2 to 4 more players and winning all.

Anyway, it hit me today. I'm actually paying a company to play their game where they have set up the side that I want to play for failure in PvP from the get go. Match after match heavily geared Imperials roll over the team effortlessly, and gear up even more. Pops are dropping like a rock, at least on Republic side, (My guild disbanded after a high of 56 players because so few are left), so not much hope of this changing.

Why pay for this?

It just hit me today as I finally got into a WZ after waiting 2 hours 15 minutes and having it start 8 imps to 4 republics. This happens all the time. ALL the time. I play during the day mostly, and since Imp population is almost twice republic, PvP is a joke now.

I don't want to role an Imp, thanks for pointing out the obvious. I like playing the good guys, and this is supposed to be a ROLE PLAYING game...

It takes days to get 3 wins in WZs, primarily due to most of the WZs spawn with Imperials having 2 to 4 more players and winning all.

Anyway, it hit me today. I'm actually paying a company to play their game where they have set up the side that I want to play for failure in PvP from the get go. Match after match heavily geared Imperials roll over the team effortlessly, and gear up even more. Pops are dropping like a rock, at least on Republic side, (My guild disbanded after a high of 56 players because so few are left), so not much hope of this changing.

Why pay for this?

I honestly didn't get the "Republic are good guys" vibe when playing on the Defenstrator.

On Prophecy of the Five, we on the Republic side seem to win a good 60-70% of warzones, at least at sub-50. The overall Sith population is probably even worse than double Republic at this point, but the warzone teams are mostly even. I've never had a 4 on 8 before. Edited by Hamsterkill

Then don't. Its not hard. But its not biowares fault that the population is so unbalanced. Its because people like playing bad guys.

Ur a bit wrong.....they should make population cap like other games have done (like aion).

2nd they should make those damned merge.

Its sad in the middle of the afternoon see this in a PvP server.

http://imageshack.us/f/441/screenshot2012022817270.jpg/

Not to mentio that rep fleet pass 30 player at his max.

iirc, WoW and WAR both were heavy sided on one faction at the start. Then many folks on the underdogs would ragequit while several folks on the heavy side would reroll to the underdogs. Those rerollers were actually good so then the underdogs started winning more. The poor losers on the heavy side would reroll to the winning side and then the underdogs are now heavy while the once heavy side are now underdogs. Then the cycle starts over again where the new underdogs ragequit and the heavy side gets bored and rerolls. Ahh the joys of faction imbalances.

Its BIOWARES fault for not even trying to address it with a token valor buff. I have quit trying to pvp except when i have a full guild group. The last 4 days in the mornings there has been 8 matches where we started with 6 and never gained one person. Its the fact they let it go so long that empire has alts that are more geared then people mains.

I wanted to believe in this game but I am leaning towards leaving like so many have. There are so many things bugs and intended game play that favor Empire its just laughable.

Cue the empire troll saying " it happened to me once 3 weeks ago so its the same for us"

Edited by Vase

Why pay for this?

Been through about 5 republic guilds. Many of which are suffering the same issues. Not enough players to sustain. No growth.

We've now double merged guilds in a week. Went to the largest one we could find just because we had no ability to stand up guild.

I've seen a lot of 50's go. I am unsubbed.

I'd say bioware had better start taking the issue of balance a bit more seriously. We don't struggle with the Win/lose issue. We have enough to make due...

However, I do understand the plight of the regular gamer on the republic side.

If you are not really invested its waaaaaaaay to much work to play on this side.

It shouldn't feel like a job.

Bioware can't even develop content to keep players attention and you think they will get to faction balance anytime soon? By the time they do get to balancing out factions it will be the December 20th again. Your best bet is to take matters in your own hand and re-roll. Your next best bet would be to try and organize players to roll onto your server as Reps to help this. We both know this wont happen because people hate rerolling but I wish you the best of luck.-

Then don't. Its not hard. But its not biowares fault that the population is so unbalanced.

Yes it is. They made the decision to make republic look like a bunch of hobos wearing rags and the Imps look awesome. Playing both sides, I find republic to be drab and boring by comparison, any half baked idiot could have seen this coming a mile away. Not to mention Imperial storylines are much, much better than the republic ones.

Its a flat out repeat of the same mistake made in Warhammer Online. Empire looked like a bunch of *********** fairies, Chaos looked ******. Everybody wanted to play chaos. Durrr

Edited by Vember

iirc, WoW and WAR both were heavy sided on one faction at the start. Then many folks on the underdogs would ragequit while several folks on the heavy side would reroll to the underdogs. Those rerollers were actually good so then the underdogs started winning more. The poor losers on the heavy side would reroll to the winning side and then the underdogs are now heavy while the once heavy side are now underdogs. Then the cycle starts over again where the new underdogs ragequit and the heavy side gets bored and rerolls. Ahh the joys of faction imbalances.

This is what exactly happened. Alliance had super long Qs and the Horde was instant Qs so what happened was the Horde got super geared really fast and started rolling every game. Alliance players rerolled or quit pvping which started to balance the populations. The problem with SWTOR is that huttball doesnt force either of those 2 things to happen because its a same faction warzone.

The game might be doing ok but its because everyone is going Imperial now.

Why pay for something you dont enjoy? Tough nut. Only you can answer this. Meanwhile youre trying to figure it out Im gonna go join an instant wz and melt some faces. Because I can. :)
Congratulations on winning the server/faction selection lottery, which I'm sure is a testament to your psychic ability rather than blind luck. Further, your inability to understand a problem you yourself aren't having and being a jerk about it should be commended.

Anyways, faction imbalance affects all aspects of content in an MMO. In SWTOR PvP, Ilum broadcasting your location makes "guerilla" tactics worthless as you'll be mobbed and trying to 10-man a 40-man OpFor is worthless. WZ queue times favor the zerg faction in this game with shorter queues and more instant-wins due to unbalanced teams. New 50s on the zerg side can hide in with better geared players, while the smaller faction fresh-50 will likely be treated to jeers and players leaving WZs constantly.

On the PvE side: the smaller faction has issues grouping for quests and heroics. Flashpoints are almost impossible to get done. HMs have the same issues as good/geared players are snatched up as quickly by guilds. But the real kicker is that since more zerg faction players will be running this content, schematic drops will be spread out more keeping the numbers of high-end gear on the AH up and the prices down. The smaller faction can easily have it's Market controlled by 2-3 unscrupulous players.

What it boils down to is: "Roll on the right server/faction or piss off." WoW does this exact same thing but won't fix it because $25 character transfers is just free money.

iirc, WoW and WAR both were heavy sided on one faction at the start. Then many folks on the underdogs would ragequit while several folks on the heavy side would reroll to the underdogs. Those rerollers were actually good so then the underdogs started winning more. The poor losers on the heavy side would reroll to the winning side and then the underdogs are now heavy while the once heavy side are now underdogs.

The re-rolling by good players to join republic is already happening on many servers.

All I can say to OP is hopefully tough it out, or reroll Pub on a server with more balance (Dulfy Healing has some server pop stats to help you out).

Umm I am republic and we are outnumbered 3 to 1 on our server

Our Qs are fast

and republic wins most the WZs (my guess is 60 65%)

Dark Reaper

Bigbee

Badcompany guild (we win 90%+ of our games)

stop blaming faction balance for your noobism

Umm I am republic and we are outnumbered 3 to 1 on our server

Our Qs are fast

and republic wins most the WZs (my guess is 60 65%)

Dark Reaper

Bigbee

Badcompany guild (we win 90%+ of our games)

stop blaming faction balance for your noobism

This post has everything and is the reason I keep coming back to these forums. It answers none of the complaints addressed in the thread/OP, shamelessly plugs his server/guild, claims that server/faction selection luck is somehow tied to skill, is flat-out insulting to the OP when doing so, is structurally designed (either intentionally or unintentionally) to maximize quantity over actual content, and uses an insult like "noobism" which is to hilarious to even take seriously.

I think i stated faction balance is not the issue

WZs for republic are faster then empire because we are out numbered... and they are waiting on us to Q

told you were im located so you can fact check me.....seeing as we are known on our server

you can also get pictures of us doing so in the server sections

This post has everything and is the reason I keep coming back to these forums. It answers none of the complaints addressed in the thread/OP, shamelessly plugs his server/guild, claims that server/faction selection luck is somehow tied to skill, is flat-out insulting to the OP when doing so, is structurally designed (either intentionally or unintentionally) to maximize quantity over actual content, and uses an insult like "noobism" which is to hilarious to even take seriously.

talk about a meaningless post....

Why pay for this?

Try rolling a toon on a different server. If not bigger in general, maybe one in a different region(that would make their peak time more in line with your play time.

Edited by FourTwent

Congratulations on winning the server/faction selection lottery, which I'm sure is a testament to your psychic ability rather than blind luck. Further, your inability to understand a problem you yourself aren't having and being a jerk about it should be commended.

Anyways, faction imbalance affects all aspects of content in an MMO. In SWTOR PvP, Ilum broadcasting your location makes "guerilla" tactics worthless as you'll be mobbed and trying to 10-man a 40-man OpFor is worthless. WZ queue times favor the zerg faction in this game with shorter queues and more instant-wins due to unbalanced teams. New 50s on the zerg side can hide in with better geared players, while the smaller faction fresh-50 will likely be treated to jeers and players leaving WZs constantly.

On the PvE side: the smaller faction has issues grouping for quests and heroics. Flashpoints are almost impossible to get done. HMs have the same issues as good/geared players are snatched up as quickly by guilds. But the real kicker is that since more zerg faction players will be running this content, schematic drops will be spread out more keeping the numbers of high-end gear on the AH up and the prices down. The smaller faction can easily have it's Market controlled by 2-3 unscrupulous players.

What it boils down to is: "Roll on the right server/faction or piss off." WoW does this exact same thing but won't fix it because $25 character transfers is just free money.

This^