The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

200 Things I think about during that first 4s stun

Kittster

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13. Why am I annoyed by stuns in this game when CC was far worse in almost every other MMO, including WoW unless I was a druid?

That is hilarious, WoW had cheap shot, kidney shot, Hammer of Justice, and Deep Freeze as stuns, 2 of which were dispellable as the only forms of CC that did not break on damage, SWTOR pretty much ever class has one or multiple forms of CC that doesn't break on damage or can not be dispelled. Mezzes are on extremely long C/D as well, This is the problem with SWTOR CC.

57. Frogdogs have the ball. Run Frog dogs!? How? I can't run. I can't move at all.

LOL (paraphrasing) "What a horible throw! Frogdogs should get there eyes checked." No, the icon is so fuc king small I cant see it through all the stuns, lightning and explosions on my screen, and the ground target is shi te, you can hardly see it.

Edited by Drahh

60. Too bad this wasn't an Agent 4 second stun. Then my resolve would be full already and I could trinket if it was up. Then again I would probably just be re-stunned by someone else because my full resolve always seems broken anyway. Oh well, I guess trying to ... stun is up...

61. Well, that did not take long for me to get re-stunned. I wonder what color I should paint my baby's nursery. I was thinking green. Green seems to be a nice gender neutral color. I would hate to paint it purple or pink and then wind up having a boy. Although I would not mind a girl, I would prefer a.....

63. boy. I would worry much less about a son than I would if I had a daughter. Then again, I would not get to polish my guns when he someone came to pick him up on a date. At least I would not think I would get to have that fun. Then again ...

63. Time to click return to med center again.

Edited by Spor

Competent Player:

1- "I am rotating the camera to face my opponent and will hold down both mouse buttons to instantly turn around and start hitting them once the stun wears off"

2- "What ability should I start hitting them with first once the stun wears off?"

Bad Player:

1- " I don't like being stunned!"

2- "WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

3- "...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH..."

4- "...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

5- "...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH..."

6- "...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!1"

7- "I re-rolled to a FotM Sorc/BH but STILL can't win in PVP!"

8- "It must be because of these stuns!!!!1"

9- "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH..."

10- "...WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!1"

*nods*

If you hate stuns, locks, chokes, kb's, come play as a turret... grrr. Gunslinger -Bioware.

I self root homie! Come see the amazing crap, don't move Matty.... Fire? AOE? DoT?

Stay perfectly still. Fire away. If you move one hair your dead. KB? Down. Crap. How about dodge? ohh lets try that...

WTH? Did I just take dmg?

I know I will flashbang...

Oh everyone is full resolve. I kb'd them....

hrm....

Maybe I can get this aimed shot off before ......

Dmn....

Where is that guard and pocket healer?

I am so going to drop mad aoe on that door/turret. No one caps my door..

Huttball? Leave group. You're better off with out me.

They really do need gtn terminals in wz's. I craft in them all the time. I also could use an instant mission que for npc's. When mission x comes up run it. Also don't popup results of missions in wz's.

So untrue. CC in this game is ridiculous. There is so much they couldnt even add silences or pvp would be completely unplayable.

I'm curious how the CC in this game is in any way worse than WoW CC, especially since the long cd's on CC in this game make it almost impossible to spam, unlike that other MMO.

I'm curious how the CC in this game is in any way worse than WoW CC, especially since the long cd's on CC in this game make it almost impossible to spam, unlike that other MMO.

WoW had diminishing returns that were governed by how many times you got CC'd

SWTOR is purely based on your CC breaker timer.

With short spawn timers it doesn't matter how elite you are.. you are going to eat several full stuns with no recourse, because of the timed mechanic.

People spam stuns in this game because they are more effective than stuns in WOW.

76. Sorcs were so OP in the movies... it just took one to rule the universe.

77. Funny Bioware saw that movie, but must have watched the Antbully when they made my Merc's pvp armor.

78. Hmmm maybe it was a bug's life? Either way I look like I should be attacking a huge picnic.

Edited by Typheran

13. Why am I annoyed by stuns in this game when CC was far worse in almost every other MMO, including WoW unless I was a druid?

No. In WoW melee classes have immunity to CC/roots and or multiple ways to get back to their target (heroic leap, shadowstep). In addition healers have no cooldown on dospel and can remove them at anytime.

Add to that most HARD CC from ranged has a CAST TIME and suffers from diminishing returns. This game is 1000 times worse then WoW.

In WoW the devs gave roots/stuns to the melee. In this game? They gave it to the ranged, along with all the other advantages ranged has.