Maintenance times unfair to West coasters.

HiberniaGUINXDO

12am is really screwed for west coasters, just saying every other game maintenance didn't start till 2am.

Of course I'm still bitter from when you announced maintenance, canceled it then had it the next day.

That was two days straight I didn't get to play....

Already considering canceling, I can deal with 2am maintenance but I don't even get home and chance to sit down till 10-11ish.

you should cry more.

especially when all the devs are doing is fixing bugs and doing maintenance to the game that enables you to play it for the rest of the ~150ish hours a week.

edit - i love the other poster using the term 'mmo industry standard'. that amused me

Edited by FourTwent

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is the self-entitled mentality that I laugh at whenever I see these post about maintainence.

NONE OF US ARE SPECIAL.

Wha....? Pot meet kettle. I'm fully aware I can unsub if I want, as it happens I don't want to. Does that mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on how much the system of a universal maintenance window sucks? Especially when you have specific EU and US servers, and soon to be Oceanic servers. If you want to talk about it rationally feel free, however you're just coming across as a Bioware Fanboi who thinks other people are not entitled to an opinion.

Every patch day in WoW these types of threads would pop up. God forbid they'd ever have to extend maintenance. You'd think the world was coming to a fiery end by the looks of those posts and they continue here.

Blizzard's solution? They refunded everyone 50 cents (pro-rated amount of your monthly bill) on patch days so that no one had a right to complain.

"Game is down, we know. Also, you aren't paying for it, so your argument is out the window. Have a nice day."

I'd laugh if Bioware does the same to stop these posts every Tuesday (and Wednesday of this week.)

12am is really screwed for west coasters, just saying every other game maintenance didn't start till 2am.

Of course I'm still bitter from when you announced maintenance, canceled it then had it the next day.

Already considering canceling, I can deal with 2am maintenance but I don't even get home and chance to sit down till 10-11ish.

Come and live in the UK... Server maint started 8AM GMT and will finish 4PM GMT...

Whatever you do - don't play MMOs then.

The work and maintenance involved is alot.... by all means your time off is nothing.

But if your that on the fence about things and a FIX or UPDATE causes you to leave then leave now.

You will not like future patches, changes, expansions, etc..

But like I said... avoid MMO's all together.. WoW .. all of them are bad and will make you quit as you stated lol.

I agree with the OP.

I can play this game Monday thru Thursday from approximately 10:30PM to 2am. So between scheduled maintenance and the occasional hotfix that means that one and sometimes 2 of my 4 nights each week are cut short by at least half.

The downtime consistently cheats west coasters. So it would be nice if they simply rotated their down times slightly to spread out the impact.

Is this down time going to remain the same when Oceanic servers launch?

This is not a small issue for the, admittedly, small group it affects.

Big baby

You getting home at 10-11 has nothing to do with you being West Coast.... you need a new job or whatever it is that keeps you from getting home during primetime. You're just trying to pull the rest of the west coast into this so you can act like this is a big deal and a lot of people are upset and agree with you.

We don't.

I'd be a little more tolerant if I were playing a game based clear around the world, I'd expect it if I were playing Chinese MMO's.

I only get a few hours to play in the evening, all other MMO's wait till 2am before kicking on the maintenance.

I haven't had a chance to play in 3 days, first chance I get and the servers going at 12am?

If that's not going to change I have no reason to continue subbing.

Yes, change it to 2 AM for West Coast at let Europe have the maintenance during peaks...

Honestly the only thing you can hpe happens is the give each region separate maintenance and then US maintenance wouldnt have to be hindered by EU times :p

OR

rotate your maintenance times so it affects everyone equally. There is nothing written in stone that says this maintenance has to occur at the exact same time every time.

I understand that these periods are necessary and that Bioware wants to minimize their effects on the gaming population... Yet somehow every other MMO I have ever played has managed not place their downtimes so consistently in my prime times.

Thx to all the people whom this issue doesn't affect who feel like it is their duty to tell me to suck it up!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.