Sorcerers, seriously what the hell?

BadgerFett

I still find it funny that people say heavy armor matters in pvp when tech/force abilities bypasses them and 1/4 of everyone else's attacks are low damage and mitigated. Heavy armor wearers will still go down as fast as a light armor wearer will, the amount of endurance a target has is what makes them hard to kill- try killing a 20K health shadow or 22K health juggernaut. Edited by Sookster

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still find it funny that people say heavy armor matters in pvp when tech/force abilities bypasses them and 1/4 of everyone else's attacks are low damage and mitigated. Heavy armor wearers will still go down as fast as a light armor wearer will, the amount of endurance a target has is what makes them hard to kill- try killing a 20K health shadow or 22K health juggernaut.

I still find it funny that people say Tech/Force abilities bypass armor mitigation, since they don't. Only Elemental and Internal damage "bypasses" armor (in fact, they have their own mitigation, but that is usually only around 0-10%).

Edited by jizerai

I still find it funny that people say Tech/Force abilities bypass armor mitigation, since they don't. Only Elemental and Internal damage "bypasses" armor (in fact, they have their own mitigation, but that is usually only around 0-10%).

This. The amount of exaggerated, uninformed, and flat out false information mixed with hypothetical and anecdotal stories being posted by these nerf callers is staggering.

lol, I love that the most vocal members of the forum community here are....inquisitors.

Yes, most WZs at least half the imp team is inquisitors running around pewpewing lightning and thinking they are le3t for topping out the dmg charts.

BIOWARE HAS ADMITTED THE POPULARITY OF INQUISITORS. So stop trying to deny that crap.

but, things will never change because they are the most popular class which means they have the most vocal community which means they are able to drowned out the rest of us.

It's that way in nearly every community where one segment enjoys an advantage over the others. They are always the most vocal to defend that advantage so they don't lose it.

Edited by Sullydog

No - I mean like sorc/sages deflecting to other classes so as to avoid the nerf bat.

Read most vocal posters and what they play. Even started threads on topic. Yah, they were ridden with mistakes and inconsistencies and nonsense, to be mild,...but still, its marauders/sentinels picking on sorc/sages lol

Funny thing is they all say they dont have any problems with obliterating sage/sorc :D

Edited by GrandMike

Read most vocal posters and what they play. Even started threads for topic. Yah, they were ridden with mistakes and inconsistencies and such...but still, its marauders/sentinels picking on sorc/sages lol

Look I'm not going to argue back and fourth with you because I know this will end with 5000 inquisitors drownding me out calling me names, attacking me on a personal level, etc.

This is my last post (work WAHHHHHHHHHHH) I play a scoundrel and I took our nerf like a champ, it was deserved. Sorcs deserve a little tweaking as well (not in a good way) but I don't see that happening because they are really, really a popular class (why do you think that is?) and they are extremely vocal on the forums, more so then any other class.

Edited by Sullydog

Look I'm not going to argue back and fourth with you because I know this will end with 5000 inquisitors drownding me out calling me names, attacking me on a personal level, etc.

This is my last post (work WAHHHHHHHHHHH) I play a scoundrel and I took our nerf like a champ, it was deserved. Sorcs deserve a little tweaking as well (not in a good way) but I don't see that happening because they are really, really a popular class (why do you think that is?) and they are extremely vocal on the forums, more so then any other class.

When people L2P it will stop. Ah well :D

I agree with you. They probably deserve a tweaking (of the talent trees). Hybrids can get too much cc-improvements without sacrificing that much damage. That is true. I, personally, think the real problem is Resolve. It should make you immune to roots as well. That would solve the problem, if you ask me.

But people make outrageous claims, which is why I'm "defending my class". Sorcerers are not great damage dealers. They don't burst, at all. Almost every damage ability they have is reduced by armor. They can't do any decent healing, unless heal-spec:ed. If they are, they can't do any decent damage instead. Static Barrier does not hold for 10k damage. It absorbs 3-3,5k damage. Which is 1-2 attacks for most attackers etc etc...

Yes. Please, tell me which ones are not mitigated by armor. I've counted 3 (2 of which are talented).

Nope, for some reason in my morning stupor I was thinking Force Lightning and Shock were Element damage, not energy. Disregard previous statement.

Old necro thread going nowhere. About a month old now and less than 30 different peeps posting in it. Fail!

Our Sorcs calls for a nerf.. she thinks shes does too much damage as pure healer spec.

Thats something. Even she says Sorcs needs a good wacking with the nerf bat.

L2p incoming

But lets face it. When 8 Player rated Bgs are coming.

Huttball will be 8 Sorcs versus 8 Sages or would you take a gunslinger instead of another sorc?

Nah.. noone would take a sniper/gunslinger if he can have another sorc in the team.

All I see is Commandos/Vanguards, all over the place. But I guess The Red Eclipse doesn't count? I guess you'll see what you want to see - me included.

I went in a WZ yesterday full of vangaurds on my team (we had 6, and 2 random non-healing DPS). We LOST.

Vanguards don't heal. Guards don't stack. Vanguards have weak single target damage, they pad damage stats with some potent AOEs.

Vanguard is still a very good class, on par with shadow / guardian, from my PoV. All three tanks are powerful in the right hands. But they'll never be a game changer like Sorc / sage hybrids. 6 Sorcs / sages hybrids + 2 tanks is pure WIN.

QQing about vanguards really... hmmm, from my experience, vanguards need heals to really shine, preferably from a sage.

I went in a WZ yesterday full of vangaurds on my team (we had 6, and 2 random non-healing DPS). We LOST.

Vanguards don't heal. Guards don't stack. Vanguards have weak single target damage, they pad damage stats with some potent AOEs.

Vanguard is still a very good class, on par with shadow / guardian, from my PoV. All three tanks are powerful in the right hands. But they'll never be a game changer like Sorc / sage hybrids. 6 Sorcs / sages hybrids + 2 tanks is pure WIN.

QQing about vanguards really... hmmm, from my experience, vanguards need heals to really shine, preferably from a sage.

And wouldn't you know... that is the simple truth with all of this nonsense around "sorc/sage + <insert a 2nd class u hate> dominate the game" claims.

My experience tells me otherwise. Usually a team that is so far lopsided to one or two classes has both extreme strengths and extreme disadvantages, and any balanced team with enough flexibility to adapt in general tactics easily exploits whatever weaknesses such a lopsided team shows.

People don't lose when the enemy is all sorc+mercenaries, or something like that.

People lose when they don't know how to simply counter it.

And wouldn't you know... that is the simple truth with all of this nonsense around "sorc/sage + <insert a 2nd class u hate> dominate the game" claims.

My experience tells me otherwise. Usually a team that is so far lopsided to one or two classes has both extreme strengths and extreme disadvantages, and any balanced team with enough flexibility to adapt in general tactics easily exploits whatever weaknesses such a lopsided team shows.

People don't lose when the enemy is all sorc+mercenaries, or something like that.

People lose when they don't know how to simply counter it.

Easier said than done. Ok, i'm a vanguard, I can chain interrupt / pull / leap / CC one sorc. Fine. But ohh wait. When there's 3-4 Sorcs spamming lightning, and 2 sorcs healing what am I supposed to do ? Tell me how would you counter a team of 6 Sorc hybrids and 2 tanks swapping guard around ?

You have to have the same group composition of sages. No one, in their right mind, would replace any of those sorcs / sages with a DPS Merc or commando, or sniper / gunslinger. Would you ? Arguably, commando / merc does more DPS than sorc / sage. BUT. They're so easy to counter, much easier than sorc / sage. Commando / merc don't have good escape abilities and cooldowns. Snipers / gunslingers are just UP, unless you let them rotate their casts, don't LoS etc.

And healing Sorcs / sages are healing much better than the others.

So, I'll be waiting for you to tell me how to counter 6 Sorcs or sages + 2 tanks with non-sages or sorcs. Your answer must include snipers / gunslingers / sentinels / marauders.

tbh a group of sorcerers is op but 1 sorcerer alone is up against other classes and its not coz im bad at it or anything until lvl 50 i was doing really well in wzs and fps, but the moment i hit 50 everyone kills me b4 i can bring them to 50% hp and yes i have pvp gear Edited by sfdeg

I am from the people who have sage and sorcer, my sage is 50 lvl and my sorcer is 37. I am all for nerf , first because they are too easy class for playing plus they really have too much things - cc, stuns, too much damage or too much healing. Compare with the melee class they are joke ;) Maybe i would nerf the bubble or make bigger CD, something like 30 -40 sec. The other way is just buff the melee class, fix there animation and buff the damage :)

I hate when there is classes which are more easily for playing then others because many people start to play them. It's really annoying to see every wz is full with them :( And in the last weeks i see many commandos/mercenary spammers.Just make sage/sorcer and commando/mercenary harder to play :cool:

tbh a group of sorcerers is op but 1 sorcerer alone is up against other classes and its not coz im bad at it or anything until lvl 50 i was doing really well in wzs and fps, but the moment i hit 50 everyone kills me b4 i can bring them to 50% hp and yes i have pvp gear

Two things:

1. Read your own post before you hit submit. If it sounds like a train wreck, clean it up.
  2. Did you at least expect that, at 50, you would be demolished by existing level 50's? It's going to happen. Others that have spent longer at end game, in any MMO, are going to destroy those newly come to end game. It's common sense.