"It's not TOR, you're just tired of MMOs."

Zeichen

Said it before and I'll say it again: Blizzard took the MMO market and made our favorite/local Mom & Pop diner into McDonalds.

More profitable? Absolutely.

Higher quality? Quite the opposite.

The genre is going backwards despite many believing it's progressing, regardless of budgets/profits.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle.net has been around for over 10 years. This is not only BW's first MMORPG, it's their first multiplayer game. They have done a very good job considering they had almost no experience at it and their launch was the best ever for an MMO.

Besides I'd rather have EA running things Activision, who are FAR worse. Blizzard's next MMO "Titan" is going to be nothing more than what wow is now, an easy game for casuals.

You could only make those kind of determinations if you had experienced every other MMO launch which you have not. There-fore, you pulled that amazing opinion out of your pants.

If this is their first time creating an MMO, I would suggest next time they stick to what they can do and not what they think they can do.

Oh I'm not trolling and this is what I actually do. I dislike someone or something I wash my hands of it and move on. Why waste my time on something that I don't care for in the first place, no need for prolonged agony. We do agree that IQ's are dropping with the internet gen, just glad I"m on the other end of the common sense spectrum. So enjoy what ever it is your enjoy doing. I for one am leaving SWTOR forums because if people here think "This game sucks" counts as good feedback then the world is doomed.

LOL I think you and I agree on that last point. The world is doomed *puts on tinfoil hat*.

Naw, just kidding. But really, sometimes why a person dislikes a game is nebulous even to them. They can't quite point to where the itch is but they know it itches.

I've played a few games like that where there was just "something" I couldn't really pinpoint that the game was lacking. Others don't have that itch, so to them the game is fine. It's all a matter of personal perspective.

For myself, I came in REALLY wanting to like the game, but I'm an OLD gamer and my expectations for what I consider a quality game are much higher than the average persons.

SWTOR 'just' misses the mark in so many areas, and TOTALLY misses in others. But the worst thing about the game to me is it feels like it is soulless.

Even so, I still have some hope and I am willing to give BW a full 6 months to a year, possibly more, to 'grow' their game. After that.. well... chances aare, I'll just step away and not come back for 6 months to a year and see what has improved (or not).

~S

You could only make those kind of determinations if you had experienced every other MMO launch which you have not. There-fore, you pulled that amazing opinion out of your pants.

If this is their first time creating an MMO, I would suggest next time they stick to what they can do and not what they think they can do.

I have been there for most major MMO launches, I've even worked for a couple over the years. Most consisted of server crashes and un-playable lag for weeks, wow was no different (it also had no end-game for about a year, then the first raid was released).

Edited by NasherUK

I'm sorry but the game play is so similar that It feels like nothing new to me stands out.

I've been through EQ, Asherons Call, Lineage 1, Shadowbane, Everquest 2, FFXI, FFXIV, WoW, and now SWTOR and none of those games feels ANYTHING LIKE ANY OF THE OTHER GAMES except for WoW and SWTOR.

I can't be the only one who feels that way

edit- forgot to add in Rift, and that feels exactly like SWTOR and WoW(but im sure you already knew that lol)

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

They can try an add whatever they want to this game, you only get one launch.. and they launched a very buggy version of the NGE 2.0 in my personal opinion. Besides, any company who rips off wow form now on, ill be boycotting. I'm so sick of that game ruining every other mmo that comes out now because everyone wants 10 million subs. Ya look at you now bioware. Your game has bleed more subs than a stuck pig. SWG population survived longer than this one. Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Hey everyone,

We recently had to removed several posts from this thread due to posts that did not contribute constructive discussion. A reminder that regardless of the topic, it is part of our Rules of Conduct that:

• Never insult another member of the community.
  • Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.
  • Flag, don't fight. Use the "flag" feature to report posts to our Community Team if you see someone breaking the rules – don't respond to them!
  • Make constructive, on-topic posts that add to the discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

interesting you put a restaurant analogy when (Depending on the restaurant you go to) You order a steak medium you get medium rare. It's not done you send it back to have it the way you like. It's overcooked so now what. You complain demand your money back or a new meal or some kind of compensation. Disappointed but you like the restaurant atmosphere etc. that you go back to it a couple of times to see if it's consistent enough to keep coming back.

In SWTOR It's no different. This game is as 'rare' can be. Most of us want it medium - medium well. There are those that like it 'Rare' Many don't. I like SWTOR but I don't like it 'Rare' It's not done to my liking.

As it is everyone has an opinion.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

interesting you put a restaurant analogy when (Depending on the restaurant you go to) You order a steak medium you get medium rare. It's not done you send it back to have it the way you like. It's overcooked so now what. You complain demand your money back or a new meal or some kind of compensation. Disappointed but you like the restaurant atmosphere etc. that you go back to it a couple of times to see if it's consistent enough to keep coming back.

In SWTOR It's no different. This game is as 'rare' can be. Most of us want it medium - medium well. There are those that like it 'Rare' Many don't. I like SWTOR but I don't like it 'Rare' It's not done to my liking.

As it is everyone has an opinion.

So you're saying that:

A) this game isn't worth paying for.

B) we should all demand our money back

C) The game was released too early.

GOTCHA. Great argument in favor of Bioware.... OH WAIT.

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.