Alien races from SW lore you want to see.

ChrisStarShade

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, most of the species would be on the Republic considering the Empire is anti-alien races. They can tolerate most near-human races but I don't think they'd even consider having a Mon Calamari or a Rodian in their ranks.

But Darth Ul is a Mon Calamari, as is Darth Drear. both during TOR era.

Why would the Selkath be playable? They can't speak basic and I wouldn't want to spend dozens of hours hearing my character repeating the same handful of Selkath lines.

And furthermore, at this point in Galactic history the Selkath are a strictly neutral species. They wouldn't ever overtly help Empire nor Republic. And sure, you see a Selkath Jedi on Tython and another Selkath on Coruscant, but those two exceptions aren't nearly enough to make them playable and risk having hundreds of them running about.

I really hope a day will dawn where everyone will realise that this is a story driven game and that means that you can't have the same selection of species like you can in a sandbox game.

My wish list among with others:

• Devaronian
  • Jawa
  • Togruta
  • Duros
  • Ithorian
  • Snivvian
  • Arkanian
  • Cathar
  • Trandoshan
  • Geonosian
  • Wookie
  • Gammorean
  • Dug
  • Mon Calamari
  • Gran
  • Sullustan
  • Hutt
  • Rodian
  • Toydarian
  • Kel-Dor

It is not Star Wars RPG if you can't play any of these. I'm really dissapointed not a single species of those are playable.

But I do appreciate what developers have given us. At least I can play as Twi'lek. :)

For having more lore-sense it would be cool if my Twi'lek could speak Huttese in dialogues (let's say, by my choice in preferences->social tab).

Edited by Skyphaser

Despised races (If they add these, I'll be let down.)

Ortolans (A tiny blue elephant cannot be taken seriously, though if they are there for comedic relief, I'm game.)

Ugnaught (Okay, who DOES like these ridiculous pigs that don't say one coherent word? They are the gnomes of Star Wars to me, all I want to do is PUNT!)

Rodians (have they ever helped ANYONE in a real sense? In fact, more often then not they walk up to me and purposely get in my way.)

Quarren (Tentacle Face? okay seriously, who's bright idea was it to make a race more suited to hentai then an actual serious atmosphere?)

Aleena (No.)

Dug (God, shoot me if they make this a race.)

Ithorian (Do I really have to go into any definition? Just look at them... No face.)

Ysalamiri (A force resistant race would have natural resistance to force attacks, that would be OP)

Kubaz (they look like ant eaters on two legs to me.)

Iktotchi (I just cannot take that look seriously.)

Gungans (Ok, really? I don't need to say a word.)

Thisspiasian (Good luck making it, I also dislike the huge beards for faces.)

Zygerrians (They make me think more of Zora or Rats then Star Wars, some npcs would be acceptable, just make them scarce.)

Toydarians (I will not interact with any species that makes me think of a fly.)

Gamorreans (I swear to god I will /ignore every one of these I see walking around, I don't want *********** pigs in my roleplays)

Shistavanen (I don't want werewolves, this isn't twilight, this isn't world of warcraft, go away.)

Nekghoul/Rakghoul (I hate these guys so much I'd prefer they be removed all together from the game, I feel they are a crappy plot device that should be killed with a LOT of fire!)

Tell us how you really feel, please.

But, seriously, if I had one choice, it'd be Quarren. (You're upset that something in Star Wars doesn't make sense? Truly?) Thanks to the others who brought them up, though I know it's a long, long shot. Poor Quarren just wanting to mind their fishy business, but those stupid progressive Mon Cals with their miraculously unaccented* Basic won't leave 'em be.

I'm a good Imp but I'd roll a Quarren regardless of faction. I think adding more species will help the Republic where there's faction imbalance, even though Imps will need some new choices also.

*Human-accented, that is...how Humanocentric of me :)

Edited by CatoFel

Prolly been said in here, didn't read all 6 pages.

Hapan - Ultra sexy female races that uses men as slaves for labor and baby-making. The more beautiful the woman, the more powerful she was. (Sounds almost like the real world.. :p)

Zeltron - I really shouldn't need to explain this. At all. If you're not familiar with what/who they are, god help us all.

Arkanian - I'm not sure if this is the best way to describe it. Basically whatever Jarael (Edessa) is.

Prolly been said in here, didn't read all 6 pages.

Hapan - Ultra sexy female races that uses men as slaves for labor and baby-making. The more beautiful the woman, the more powerful she was. (Sounds almost like the real world..

Oh, how I wish...problem is, I'm pretty sure some serious lore would have to be expanded first to allow it; this is during their isolation period when they're just starting to consolidate control under a Queen and Consortium, if I remember correctly. Plus the problem with explaining why a male would be a playable character rather than a docile servant.

Maybe they'll make a game ABY someday....maybe!

I'd like to see the races currently within the game playable, though I would like to see some non droid novelty pets for example hoojibs or ysalamir.

I'd actually like to see Ysalamir and more especially their racial ability..... it is quite a nice one that could really put an annoyance factor into those force using classes. Or even to just have one as a novelty pet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ysalamir

For anyone who doesn't who Ysalamir are a lizard like race which has the natural and constant ability to negate any force ability which is used within ten meters of them.

Hoojibs on the other hand are telepathic rabbit like creatures who have a tendency to feed on energy.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hoojibs#Appearances

Why Bioware decided to not make Wookies playable I have no idea.

Edited by TekkamanSaber

Considering an Ysalamiri can completely push the Force away within a 10 meter radius bubble, you'd basically render Jedi Knights, Sith Warriors and Shadows/Assassins useless because they can only operate from within that radius. And you can't particularly say that all of those are overwhelmingly OP to the point that you need to strip them of ~all~ their powers.

Ysalamiri are not a species...they're animals.

Hoojibs? Ewoks? Are you people serious?

Ewoks haven't been discovered yet. Not gonna happen.

Hoojibs are little more than rabbits. Haven't been discovered yet. Not gonna happen.

Try to be constructive, folks.

The most viable species are the following:

• Cathar
  • Togruta
  • Nautolans
  • Chagrians
  • Devaronians
  • Arkanians (no in-game models)
  • Bothans (no in-game models)
  • Vultans (no in-game models)

Why?

Because they meet BioWare's criteria. They can all speak Basic. They all have human-like facial expressions. And they're all romanceable.

*I would include Iktotchi in this list, but I don't believe they've been discovered in this era.

My guess is that, they will implement races like Nautolans and Togruta, when they figure out how to fix the issues with twi-lek hoods/helmets I personally can't wait for that.

EDIT: I also think they will never include a race that can't use the already implemented voices for classes, because the work would be far too much to add more, basic speaking races only, will be my guess, sucks, but it sounds most likely.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Shistavanens....please....at least put them in there as NPCs if you can't do PCs, they haven't been in any single SW game and they are G-canon.

Edit: Before anyone says anything, they were around long before WoW and the worrgans, and they were around long before Twilight. In 1977.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

<snip>

Harder to do:

Droid

I think you're the only person who has mentioned this. And I'm very glad you did. I'm not the only person who would like to play a droid. I've love to be a Droid BH or Smuggler! Trooper doesn't work because of the prohibition against Droid officers. And likewise for Imp Agent? But, a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler working for himself? Awesome!

With 3 (4 counting protocol) droid companions, we already have a system for gearing them. Basic or beep-boop voiceovers are easy to do. And there's plenty of droid models in the game for player customization.

I think you're the only person who has mentioned this. And I'm very glad you did. I'm not the only person who would like to play a droid. I've love to be a Droid BH or Smuggler! Trooper doesn't work because of the prohibition against Droid officers. And likewise for Imp Agent? But, a Bounty Hunter or Smuggler working for himself? Awesome!

With 3 (4 counting protocol) droid companions, we already have a system for gearing them. Basic or beep-boop voiceovers are easy to do. And there's plenty of droid models in the game for player customization.

You forget that droids are seen as tools, not people in Star Wars, and as such, with a rare few exceptions, droids simply don't have it in their programming to take up a career of smuggling or bounty hunting.

Another problem is the sheer amount of dialogue that would have to be rewritten. Hardly anyone would take a droid claiming to be a Bounty Hunter or smuggler seriously. More likely they'd just laugh and casually comment it must've gone without a memory wipe for too long before dragging them off to the nearest maintenance shop to fix that.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that none of the four non Force-sensitive stories would work for droids.