How to fix BM bags RNG in 3 really simple steps.

Yutaa

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Earn your purples... end of thread.

All the cry babies didn't play vanilla wow when having 1 PURPLE in the trade district made you a god.

I wish games went back to that when gear was incredibly difficult to come by.

The system we have now rewards some players more than others. I may play 10 times as much as you, may play twice as well as you. But you can get gear faster than me because of RNG. Doing your daily is not difficult, just a time sink. The OP is not suggesting free epics, he is not trying to make it easier. He is trying to make so that everyone progresses at the same rate so that we can enjoy a better balanced end game PvP. This proposed change makes sure that we still earn at the same average speed that Bioware already has it set to. They give us a 25% chance to earn 1 commendation and we need 20 to finish. In other words, it takes 80 bags or 5 weeks. The OP's system would require 80 commendations at a rate of 1 per bag so 80 bags or 5 weeks. It changes nothing other than eliminating the PvP lottery and the frustration some players have when they get screwed by bad luck.

I am tired of winning and losing in games based on gear. Even though I am usually on the benefiting side (I play more, so I usually have the better gear) I would still prefer to win because I (or my team) beat the opponent(s).

Agreed.

I'm 2 for 24.

yes, I have a 25% chance per bag. I know how probability works. I also know there's a difference between probability and actual success. My success rate is an awesome 8.33%

"We have tested the Battlemaster Commendations and they are working as intended"

STOP COMPLAINING. As someone that has seen both sides of the RNG, and is fully geared. It needs to be a grind, you have a reason to still play.

If "it's fun" isn't a good enough reason to play this or any other game, just do yourself (and the rest of us) a favor and frickin' quit.

One thing is for damn sure, this RnG shenanigans is ridiculous.

I have *the worst luck* - so the fact that I have to rely on it is silly. I could be a Battlemaster for weeks (if not months) and still get out geared by the guy who "just got lucky."

I know a War Hero who is struggling to get his BM weapon. I also know a guy who had BM for not nearly as long as the War Hero, and he has full BM on his character AND HIS COMPANION. *facepalm*

I agree with the OP. After grinding to Valor 60+, I don't want to play the RnG game. I don't like to gamble, period. So, maybe some people enjoy the thrill of "RnG", I however like a stable and fair system. If 3 guys hit BM at the same time, do the same dailies, play for the same amount of time, why is it fair that one of those guys will get screwed over by luck/RnG?

"Earn" your gear? I agree, you should earn your gear. However "earning" your gear isn't reflected in the current system. Make the gear more expensive (hell, I don't even care if it's raised higher than 4), but don't make it by chance. If I'm going to spend months trying to get something, I want to know when, where, why and how I'm going to get it.

PS: Right now I'm 1/15. I actually think that's pretty lucky for me, taking into consideration that I've never had any kind of luck with gear.

OP has a great idea. I am here to play SWTOR, not the lottery. This RNG bag stuff does not give a sense of accomplishment. There could actually be someone out there who gets a piece from every single bag, where's the oh-so-important "grind" in that?

Here you go, how about this:

Warzone to Mercenary Commendations are a 3:1 conversion.

I propose we allow conversions all the way to the top.

3 WZ comms gets you 1 Merc comm

3 Merc comms gets you 1 T1 PVP comm

3 T1 PVP comms gets you 1 T2 PVP comm

10 T2 PVP comms gets you 1 BM comm

Fiddle around with the ratios if you want, but this allows you to "earn" your gear, and recycle otherwise useless comms from lower levels.