Sidious vs Vitiate

Shokzman

as opposed to what, TORs over the top sith and jedi...? How is it people refuse to use the same scrutiny on their own arguements.

How is Vitate, malgus or satele not OP in a DBZ like state.

Vitiate is basically a Palpy clone with relics and rituals, consumes a planet and force lighting and powers from TFU. But he's not DBZ in any way?

Malgus cuts through things like a samurai from an anime, as iff magically his lightsaber blade has an infinte length when swung.

Satele and her mountain crumbing force push....

if you allow your arguement side to be OPed to stupid DBZ proportions then you must allow the media which gives the other side their merits.

Thus, all your sources vs all their sources.

IN THE END, SIDIOUS could do more than vitiate, and did so without the crutch of objects and rituals.

Old Republic Sith & Jedi had far greater force powers than 3000 years down the road so it really doen't make Satele and Malgus OP, just extremely powerful. That's been stated.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Republic Sith & Jedi had far greater force powers than 3000 years down the road so it really doen't make Satele and Malgus OP, just extremely powerful. That's been stated.

Palpatine Reborn and Grand Master Luke Skywalker had far greater force powers than anyone beforehand, their force powers made the Ancient Sith look like kids with toys.

The force evolved and became more powerful as time went on, the Golden Age of the Jedi order was during the Clone Wars era, the Height of all Sith power was Darth Sidious.

You are wrong.

Oh noo.. shouldn't have said that. Now they are gonna accuse Sidious of being stupid and somehow bring Revan into this conversation..

Hell yeah Revan would have thrown Vader and Sidious off the ledge, then force choke Luke to death all so he could hook up with Bastilla and princess Leia at the same time on the star forge............

Is that the answer you were looking for?????

Your Opinion =/= Canon Fact

Fact: Sidious is the most powerful sith lord to ever have existed

Fact: Luke Skywalker is the most powerful force user to ever have existed.

Fact: Vader is 80% of Sidious power, Whereas his potential is 200% that of Sidious. The damage that post-mustafar Vader got limited what he could do, but didn't make him weak.

Watch the ROTS commentary if you don't believe me, Around the time when Palpatine & Mace are fightning.

I know that you were just joking around, But have gotten a compulsive diorder that forces me to post those facts everywhere..

:eek:

I'm lying? Haha, screw you you hatemongrer ! Personal attacks? Fine, you started it.

You are lying, You keep putting words in GL's mouth. changing his statements to fit your argument, Stop doing that.

I just showed that you are a liar in my response to your first post.. wanna see me disprove your theory for a second time?

Lucas: "But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker,.

He pretty much explains here that verything after RoTJ does infact happen, But he doesn't see it as part of his own universe. As for that matter, in his own universe there is no EU at all. No Revan, Vitiate, TOR anything..

Edited by _Zorth_

"LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married...""

Well thank you for calling me a liar outright, makes me respect you all the more. Anyways, there is his quote. Read and weep.

Ok, then according to that, Vitiate doesn't exist either so why bother getting involved in the discussion in the first place?

Specifically involving HIS characters. HIS. HIS. The expanded universe exists, only just not HIS characters that were tied up in episode 6. Am I getting through to you at all ??

"LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married...""

Well thank you for calling me a liar outright, makes me respect you all the more. Anyways, there is his quote. Read and weep.

If you read the whole conversation between the two you'll understand that he's talking about his own universe..

Still wrong, Sorry for calling you a liar. You are just misinformed..

So only the EU stuff prior to Ep I counts, but nothing else does? :confused:

It ALL counts..

But you can if you want to, divide SW into two universes.

One where the movies take place, and every EU book that is connected with the movies.

One where all the EU before the movies happens, TOR, Ancient times etc.

But usually, you count all of it.

Edited by _Zorth_

It ALL counts..

That's what I'd think. I can understand that some people might reject the EU as a whole, and only count the movies as canon. But in that case the whole Sidius vs Vitiate debate falls apart because in that case Vitiate isn't actually cannon.

I don't however buy this idea that somehow the EU that happens upto the movie is canon but the stuff afterwards isn't.

Regardless of what GL might of said in the above quote, I know I've seen other quotes from him saying that he accepted the events afterwards and would of accounted for them if he were to do something after Ep 6.

Maybe he changed his mind, maybe the quote by Castiel is taken out of content... Don't know, just know I've seen quotes from GL himself saying that stuff like Leia and Han being married, the Jedi twins, ect... was canon at least in terms of the EU, and he would take that into account himself if he were to make more movies/stories.

While not higher than Lucas, the next guy in charge of Canon is Leeland Chee (spelling).

He handles the EU, basically decides what is real, what is not, and overseas the IP to make sure it remains consistent.

He has also stated that Sidious was the most powerful Sith of all time. This can be seen in all the combined work of the Essential Guides, as well as the novels, games, and books themselves.

There is no argument against who is the most powerful.

Only opinions... which is fine.

Denial.

Oh, the irony..

:rolleyes:

You tell me I'm in denial when this entire week we (reasonable people) have been throwing canon facts in your face and you keep denying them saying they don't count.. even though there are interviews with GL himself that say otherwise.

I seriously encourage GL to make more star wars so somebody can bring in a stronger sith than Sidious.

Why?

Why should his characters (The ones that everyone else if freaking built off) not deserve the respect to be considered the most powerful ones?

Don't see any other reason for anyone else, a complete random to be more powerful than Sidious, Luke, Vader, Yoda & Obi.. The characters that we are very familiar with and pretty much showed us what Jedi & Sith are in the first place.

Edited by _Zorth_

Heres the only issue and greatest thing about Star Wars ................George Lucas !

Star Trek while not as great as Star Wars , atleast Gene allowed his writers breathing room and creativity.

George on the other hands simplified it so he can control it without even having to read anything . Simply says My characters are God and your are just a imagination that are not really Star Wars.

To be honest EU has alot of bad stories but also has some really good ones that are beyond better than the movies . I Watched the OT in the theater when it was released , and I love them but I hate the fact of this stalemate that George has created . Kinda hard to get involved into games knowing that the stories do not matter , to be honest we could all be playing some fan made game and get the same feeling .

George has been angry with his fan base since Jar Jar Binks was a fail , if you like him good for you but according to George Lucas , Jar Jar is more powerful than Vitiate and Revan .......

Oh, the irony..

:rolleyes:

You tell me I'm in denial when this entire week we (reasonable people) have been throwing canon facts in your face and you keep denying them saying they don't count.. even though there are interviews with GL himself that say otherwise.

Why?

Why should his characters (The ones that everyone else if freaking built off) not deserve the respect to be considered the most powerful ones?

^Makes everyone elses story pointless and the characters as characterful as water

Don't see any other reason for anyone else, a complete random to be more powerful than Sidious, Luke, Vader, Yoda & Obi.. The characters that we are very familiar with and pretty much showed us what Jedi & Sith are in the first place.

My answer in blue !

Edited by mefit

Back on topic

Palpitine would beat Vitiate even without Lucas Canon or not .

Palpitine studied Vitiate and therefor knows his weaknesses . What makes Palpitine so powerful canon and none canon story wise , is he has studied every bit of information that he could , including Jedi past and present to his timeline.

He was a scholar of sorts and powerful for it .

It just would not be a fair fight even if Vitiate was more powerful with the force, just because Palpitine has learned anything Vitiate had passed down through records and such.

Palpitine came from a line of sith who kept records and were planing for ages, that just is alot of knowledge that he had given to him and was very good at learning from it .

Edited by mefit

Heres the only issue and greatest thing about Star Wars ................George Lucas !

Star Trek while not as great as Star Wars , atleast Gene allowed his writers breathing room and creativity.

George on the other hands simplified it so he can control it without even having to read anything . Simply says My characters are God and your are just a imagination that are not really Star Wars.

To be honest EU has alot of bad stories but also has some really good ones that are beyond better than the movies . I Watched the OT in the theater when it was released , and I love them but I hate the fact of this stalemate that George has created . Kinda hard to get involved into games knowing that the stories do not matter , to be honest we could all be playing some fan made game and get the same feeling .

George has been angry with his fan base since Jar Jar Binks was a fail , if you like him good for you but according to George Lucas , Jar Jar is more powerful than Vitiate and Revan .......

Hmm? Lucas gives his writers too much freedom. Thats why we have books with SUn Crushers and Galaxy eaters. And it didn't seem to me Zahn didn't need anything from Lucas or LA. His books are perfect and only his books and Stover's(My opinion). Most of the writers are horrible, thats the fail of the EU.

And you completely ignore what he says. He states Sidious and Luke are the most powerful and Vader had the potnetial to become equal to Luke during FOTJ.

And I'm fine with having 2 almighty beings. Its like that with every universe, One Good God and One Bad. But the EU jacked everything and created Abeloth and Vitate and Terrible Weapons.

My answer in blue !

So having one random person being the most powerful guy in the galaxy to ever live is better than letting Sidious & Luke being that?

I'd rather let Sidious & Luke be those guys than some random EU character that got inspired by them.

• 2 years later...
Im just going to say this, last I checked Palpatine couldnt make doppelgangers of himself on the spot or teleport.. Furthermore, if his lightning is the most powerful, why didnt it instantly turn Luke into ash? Vitiate also has the power of Deadly Sight, which he did use and his lightning did turn people to ash. Also, lets examined how each died, Palpatine: Thrown down a bottomless pit by a damaged robot, killed again by a whiny ***** (Luke) and finally killed by a blaster from Han Solo. Vitiate: Old age. As for the whole planet affecting force powers, what Palaptine did was Corruption, what Vitiate did is drain the life out of the entire planet, just like Nihilus did to Katar. As for Palps summoning wormholes, he did that ONCE, Vitiate..while enigmatic, there are logical assumptions to be made about him, example, if the Dread Masters could wipe out entire fleets, and they were not equal in power to the Emperor, obviously the Emperor could do that, he just chose not to, he spent all of his time learning more and more of the Dark side, he would know things Palaptine wouldnt, pure and simple. Obviously its not a straightforward win, but by however narrow a margin, Vitiate is superior.