Sidious vs Vitiate

Shokzman

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vitiate displays little skill in lightsaber combat.

This is immaterial and kinda proving Vitiate is stronger.It's like saying atom bombs display little skill at shooting bullets.

This goes for most of the little nitpicking comparisons.

Edited by Kaedusz

Yes,except this is about who is more powerful,not who will win in a fight.
Sidious versus Vitiate, the topic of discussion here is who would win in a duel, hence the title.

Else it would be "who is more powerful". I such a sense Aurbere's post is totally relevant.

Yes,except this is about who is more powerful,not who will win in a fight.

This is a versus thread. The main objective of the thread is to discuss who would win in a fight. My post clearly proves that Sidious would win.

This is immaterial and kinda proving Vitiate is stronger.It's like saying atom bombs display little skill at shooting bullets.

This goes for most of the little nitpicking comparisons.

Immaterial? It shows that Vitiate has nothing on Sidious in a contest of blade on blade combat. And how does it show Vitiate to be stronger? Just because he doesn't use a lightsaber? Would you say that Fay is stronger than Luke Skywalker as well?

But if you want to nitpick, by all means, make my day.

This is a versus thread. The main objective of the thread is to discuss who would win in a fight. My post clearly proves that Sidious would win.

It's not even a fight unless Sidious humors Vitiate, otherwise Sidious moves waaay too fast and decides to blitz.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't know why it's considered being a fanboy or biased, when all people are doing is using actual facts. So...using facts makes someone biased/a fanboy?

It's not their fault if a mismatch is made and they gotta prove who is superior.

I mean if you already made a match with the intention of not listening to the arguments presented against a character, then what is the point of making a VS thread??

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't know why it's considered being a fanboy or biased, when all people are doing is using actual facts. So...using facts makes someone biased/a fanboy?

It's not their fault if a mismatch is made and they gotta prove who is superior.

I mean if you already made a match with the intention of not listening to the arguments presented against a character, then what is the point of making a VS thread??

I honestly have no idea why choosing Sidious over Vitiate is reason enough for being called a fanboy. I mean, it is a fact, isn't it?

What can I say, the mind of a real fanboy is impossible to comprehend. :rolleyes:

A fossil, lol. :p

What can I say, the mind of a real fanboy is impossible to comprehend. :rolleyes:

A fossil, lol. :p

Lol. Didn't realize you had to be fossil old to debate old characters. :p

Oh well...this isn't gonna be the last mismatch VS thread we see.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Still waiting, Kaedusz. You say that I am wrong, so prove it. This fossil may be old, but he still knows what he's talking about.

I disagree. For one you seem to not know the difference between strategist and tactician. Sidious and Vitiate were both very good strategists the difference is one was too lazy to fix his problems personally the other was too obsessed about immortality to care. Secondly, if Sidious is the most powerful then: why do other Sith including Vitiate have more powerful lightning than him? Why doesn't he have half the abilities Vitiate does? Why, with all his power, was he not able to even suspect that his apprentice would kill him at a convenient moment, since that is the way of the Sith? If he did suspect it why couldn't he sense the conflict in Vader and supress his will, as Vitiate did to many Jedi strong in the force, moat notable being Revan.? Sidious may be good at lightsaber combat, but like Yoda he prefers to use the force, and focus on the force, just like Vitiate, and since I don't believe anyone is stupid enough to charge in a battle of force powers, his skill is negligible. Until you can provide accounts of Sidious's power demonstrated on a repeated scale, NOT SINGULAR EVENTS, Vitiate outclasses him by about 2 levels.

I disagree. For one you seem to not know the difference between strategist and tactician.

Explain properly. I and many others won't take your word for it when you make assumptions.

Sidious and Vitiate were both very good strategists the difference is one was too lazy to fix his problems personally the other was too obsessed about immortality to care.

They were both obsessed with immortality. They both were to lazy to fix their personal problem. I fail to see your point.

Secondly, if Sidious is the most powerful then: why do other Sith including Vitiate have more powerful lightning than him? Why doesn't he have half the abilities Vitiate does? Why, with all his power, was he not able to even suspect that his apprentice would kill him at a convenient moment, since that is the way of the Sith?

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Read this please as well as this not to mention a few of the many EU books that cover the Emperor.

Honestly I should have stopped reading right here as you are obviously misinformed and thus incapable of clearly discussing the topic. Still I will proceed.

If he did suspect it why couldn't he sense the conflict in Vader and supress his will, as Vitiate did to many Jedi strong in the force, moat notable being Revan.?

Seriously? The Emperor couldn't suppress Revan's will at all, he was relegated to imprisoning him for centuries as Revan actively resisted his influence (with the help of Meetra's spirit I should add).

Also, Dominating the minds of jedi we that we have no clear indication of their own power doesn't impress anyone. Even with that, dominating a powerful force user is beyond even Vitiate (Hero of Tython, Revan, Meetra much?) and even then, Sidious was quite busy torturing Luke, he probably even expected some emotional baggage from Vader so the conflict didn't surprise him. Regardless, he didn't anticipate it being a threat much like Vitiate was not worried about the HoT before his voice was defeated...

Sidious may be good at lightsaber combat, but like Yoda he prefers to use the force, and focus on the force, just like Vitiate, and since I don't believe anyone is stupid enough to charge in a battle of force powers, his skill is negligible. Until you can provide accounts of Sidious's power demonstrated on a repeated scale, NOT SINGULAR EVENTS, Vitiate outclasses him by about 2 levels.

Sidious is the canon #1 sith, it is up the the Vitiate fans to provide evidence. Read those links I posted, the burden of proof is now on you sir, your move.

I disagree. For one you seem to not know the difference between strategist and tactician. Sidious and Vitiate were both very good strategists the difference is one was too lazy to fix his problems personally the other was too obsessed about immortality to care. Secondly, if Sidious is the most powerful then: why do other Sith including Vitiate have more powerful lightning than him? Why doesn't he have half the abilities Vitiate does? Why, with all his power, was he not able to even suspect that his apprentice would kill him at a convenient moment, since that is the way of the Sith? If he did suspect it why couldn't he sense the conflict in Vader and supress his will, as Vitiate did to many Jedi strong in the force, moat notable being Revan.? Sidious may be good at lightsaber combat, but like Yoda he prefers to use the force, and focus on the force, just like Vitiate, and since I don't believe anyone is stupid enough to charge in a battle of force powers, his skill is negligible. Until you can provide accounts of Sidious's power demonstrated on a repeated scale, NOT SINGULAR EVENTS, Vitiate outclasses him by about 2 levels.
This guy again? You can't keep asking questions and then just ignore the answers pal.

I've already addressed these points here and you have yet to respond. And if you took the time to read that thread you'd also know that Sidious' feats in Force Lightning surpass all over Sith including the Sith Emperor.

For the record, in all of Sidious' engagements with other Force users he has always engaged in lightsaber combat first and foremost, nor did he neglect this field, he was a master of all seven forms of lightsaber combat.

Please, either educate yourself on the topic, or be on your way.

I disagree.

Of course you do, but we'll fix that.

For one you seem to not know the difference between strategist and tactician. Sidious and Vitiate were both very good strategists the difference is one was too lazy to fix his problems personally the other was too obsessed about immortality to care.

Vitiate has displayed little combative tactical ingenuity. My point remains valid.

Secondly, if Sidious is the most powerful then: why do other Sith including Vitiate have more powerful lightning than him?

Prove Vitiate has more powerful lightning. Not that you can, I have the ultimate trump cards.

Why doesn't he have half the abilities Vitiate does?

Sidious has learned all abilities. Dark, Light, and obscure.

Why, with all his power, was he not able to even suspect that his apprentice would kill him at a convenient moment, since that is the way of the Sith?

Let's not bring up Sidious' mistakes, because I'm pretty sure Vitiate's dumbest moment trumps any of the stupidity you could find with Sidious.

Sidious may be good at lightsaber combat, but like Yoda he prefers to use the force, and focus on the force, just like Vitiate, and since I don't believe anyone is stupid enough to charge in a battle of force powers, his skill is negligible.

Pretty sure Sidious has engaged all of his opponents primarily in lightsaber combat, just like Yoda.

Until you can provide accounts of Sidious's power demonstrated on a repeated scale, NOT SINGULAR EVENTS, Vitiate outclasses him by about 2 levels.

What do you mean by 'SINGULAR EVENTS"? This:

Also all these arguments about Palpatine's wormhole from Dark Empire, are negligible. That only happened ONCE, he never repeated it afterwards and never did it before. Singular instances can not be used in a debate about generalities.

Sidious has used the Force Storm multiple times. Three off the top of my head.

Class dismissed.

Edited by Aurbere

Beni, Star, Aurbere, I wouldn't bother. They obviously don't wanna look at the information presented to them about Sidious, something which has been shown quite a few times on here.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Beni, Star, Aurbere, I wouldn't bother. They obviously don't wanna look at the information presented to them about Sidious, something which has been shown quite a few times on here.

You're right, I think its time to unsubscribe...

Of course you do, but we'll fix that.

Vitiate has displayed little combative tactical ingenuity. My point remains valid.

Prove Vitiate has more powerful lightning. Not that you can, I have the ultimate trump cards.

Sidious has learned all abilities. Dark, Light, and obscure.

Let's not bring up Sidious' mistakes, because I'm pretty sure Vitiate's dumbest moment trumps any of the stupidity you could find with Sidious.

Pretty sure Sidious has engaged all of his opponents primarily in lightsaber combat, just like Yoda.

What do you mean by 'SINGULAR EVENTS"? This:

Sidious has used the Force Storm multiple times. Three off the top of my head.

Class dismissed.

Vitiate disintegrated Meetra Surik and made Revans armor melt to his skin. He easily bested Revan who was one of the most powerful force users ever. Secondly he possessed Deadly sight with which he disintegrated T3-M4. By singular events, I mean him ( Palpatine) producing a wormhole that destroyed an entire fleet ( Dark Empire) and him using Sith Alchemy ( Dark Empire). Thirdly, Sidious did not engage most of his opponents in lightsaber combat, lightsaber combat was his fall back. Fourthly, no where does it say or show that Sidious can use Force Teleport or Doppelgänger unlike Vitiate. Sidious has demonstrated no tactical ingenuity, he is not a battle field commander or leader, neither is Vitiate, they are both strategists, analyzing and playing things out on a grand scale, leaving the tactics to others. What I think you have confused is that Sidious is the most successful Sith Lord, but he is not the most powerful.

Edited by wrnfkbsdgfbdsgb

Who says I can't? ;)