My Poor Consular

Diewoe

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Thanks for moving this thread to the correct forum

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "inferior" voice acting? So far I haven't seen another game with such great voice actor as there are in this game

(sorry off-topic)

I mean Empire voice acting is infinitely better.

Well, in the starting zone, anyway.

I did play some Jedi consular, but gave up because it sounded stupid. And I hadn't even played any Empire by that point.

Edited by Grotpar

You really think consular sets look bad?

I love them.

Okay, in PVE sage set i hide the headpiece as it looks ridiculous. Other than that i suits my healer sage pretty well.

Sage's PvP rags are just awesome. They have a hood. They tell that i have combat experience. They show i'm a humble jedi that puts republic matters over my own.

Now leveling my 2nd char - Jedi Shadow. Being a tank while wearing rag robes... i just couldn't resist to that.

PVE set for shadow - well it's much worse. Certanly does not fit sneaky part of the class.

Anyway I'd never accept it if they change our sets to be more like jedi knight's.

And comparison to the empire? Please... Hokey masks?

ps. Both my chars are female :)

It seems really bizarre to me how much different the endgame gear looks compared to the stuff you get at level 47. Here's a couple examples:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17083674/Screenshot_2012-01-28_01_28_12_151558.jpg

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/12596.jpg

And for knights? The Jedi Battlelord set, the Jedi Myrmidon set, and several of the other sets look awesome, albeit all of them have hoods you can't get rid of.

Why is it that as soon as you get to 50, you're pigeonholed into having to get these awful looking PvE sets that look completely different from every set in the game?

Here's what I think one of the endgame sets should look like:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111227164741/swtor/images/7/78/Revan1.png

(giggle)

I just wanted to add my opinion since I have a level 46 sage.

Every consular hat I've seen reminds me of my grandma's closet. I expect the level 50/battle master set hat to have fake fruit and stuffed birds hanging off it. It really is that silly.

I also have a trooper I'm leveling and everything he has acquired looks solid. And every other class I've seen in game looks at least decent.

But this consular/sage wardrobe has got to be upgraded, especially the hats. It's like I tripped and fell into Liberace or Marie Antoinette's dressing room.

I mean nearly every single day somebody thinks they are the first comedian to say "nice hat" in ops chat. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Wepo

My shadow is female and I pretty much can't stand any of the robes/outfits you get late in the game so I just got her the formal outfit from the specialty goods vendor on Coruscant and it looks 100000X better than any of the Consular gear I've received in game thus far.

The pvp rags are ridiculous...they are a slap in the face. Consulars are supposed to be high end diplomats...and they wear...rags??? It follows the whole magic rock, magic pebble, wearing rags shaman theme that some bonehead decided to go with instead of something more star warsy.

Consulars getting ragged torn clothes would be the equivalent of the knight or trooper armour being rusted and dented, coming apart at the seams...its just stupid.

Edited by Dyvim

Thing is, about 75% of consular and inquisitor robes are hooded and all of them look like crap on a twi'lek.

So, a conditional to a previous suggestion - make a female consular, but not a female twi'lek one.

This is all totally a matter of opinion, my shadow is a male twi'lek and I love the way robes look on my char and I love the way lvl50 pvp gear looks. The lvl50 pvp set is really the only good looking set consulars have and it's the only reason I rolled a consular over an inquisitor.

Thing is, about 75% of consular and inquisitor robes are hooded and all of them look like crap on a twi'lek.

So, a conditional to a previous suggestion - make a female consular, but not a female twi'lek one.

Not necessarily true! I've seen some great looking Twilek consulars, and most of them choose to go with the non-hooded variety, but some of the hooded robes look great too. Especially the "elder" style robes, because their hood looks terrible anyway.

The lvl50 pvp set is really the only good looking set consulars have

You're kidding, right?

No, it's one of my favorite sets in this game. Literally every other consular set looks horrible besides that one.

I'll disagree with you with pictures.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17083674/Screenshot_2012-01-28_01_28_12_151558.jpg

http://oi43.tinypic.com/67i6o9.jpg

http://www.fragsuuun.de/files/screens/padded_vine.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/66uqI.jpg

3/4 of those are just reskinned versions of the chest piece that you can get at lvl11

Slightly true...they have the same hood and design on the lower part. Otherwise they look completely different. With all the color variations of that style, you can pretty much look however you like, and I think they look a lot better than the PvP robes. Far more like a Jedi, anyway.

And yes, the "elder" sets look good with lots of different headgear, even some of the weird ones. Those 2 styles are pretty much our only saving grace as shadows...as a sage you look less ridiculous in some of the more outlandish outfits.

I have seen some PVP gear on Shadows and they look awesome. The brown rag is pretty cool. For a Sage I think we need some drastic improvement. More so in PVE.

I hope 2 things here to improve.

- A color modification option. I am no programmer but if this would be possible it would help a lot. And some style changes for top tier gear. Would it be good to have this option as when u create your character.

Seriously, and sorry to be rude but we're talking about my eyes bleedings, the designers of the end game' sets for jedi must have all worked under the use of drugs, something pretty nasty.

Take a look at the battlemaster helmet for Jedi Knight ?

Ok Lucas dreamed of a "Samourai" Vader during the writing of SW. I'll never thanks Kurtz enough from saving me from this. This helmet is so ugly ! Definitely not in the SW lore we are expecting. Seriously, WHO gets this idea !!?

Jedi knights wear jetpacks and a sort of Iron Man armor ? Really ?

So when i rerolled my shadow (partly because of the ugly set of my jedi knight), i found myself pretty disgusted by the rags the consulars have to wear.

But i was not that surprised. Bad taste all over the line.

So perhaps, in the mean time, I must re evaluate my RP .... i'm not a powerful and sage jedi.... i'm a jester.

Taking into account the kind of hat i must wear of course... some of them even seems to have small cow bells on them. Awesome !

I met dozen of people trying to mod the Spaceship commendations'pants, even if it means leaving a battlemaster or T2/T3 skirt, to get a more decent look.

This is a mmo guys! Style and immersion are importants things ! You can live with your character during 3 years ! And in matter of immersion and STYLE i'm pretty displeased, it's an euphemism, by the sets and stuff.

And mod-able armors of the next patch will have a small impact on this since there is really little decent looking (jedi) armors to mod.

So PLEASE, BW improve social item or much better allow us to have a cosmetic interface to wear all kind of armor without classes limitation (like in LOTRO for exemple).

And please forbid use of drugs and anything related to Lagarfeld to the designers when they work on our next sets.

Personally I really like the Consular PvP set. Opinions are subjective.

This, totally. I like it a lot. It improves as your Valor rank improves. Champion looks a little better than Centurion but I love the look.

Anyone on Icebreaker who need some orange gear tho, come say hi to your friendly 400 Synthweaver :D

Edited by eldelphia