If You Could Speak To A SWTOR Developer Face-to-face for 30 Seconds...

StrikeOfLight

blizz didn't exactly change engines, but they have upgraded and streamlined theirs so drastically that it runs and plays like a new engine. Frankly though, they had a much more fundamentally functional engine at baseline. Hero is a piece of trash and is unworthy of the cost, time and stress it would take to do the same with it.

That's what I was thinking - it's already clunky and outdated on TOR's launch, how long can they expect to bleed it out?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have opinions.

Look, if these flame wars continue, my thread is going to be nuked from orbit by a mod. Try not to get into that "COME AT ME BRO" mode. Hehe. :p

There are opinions and then there are bald faced lies. Or do you really think that he has done any real statistical analysis on all these servers he supposedly goes into and has numbers to back up his argument?

Critical thinking folks.

Nope. I'd pay $15 a month for a quality single player game. I want Baldur's Gate 1 through 20 where you port your character from one game to another, levelling all the way. That doesn't exist.

There's a huge amount of "MMO" focused games. Basically, making a "Online Baldur's Gate" where the expansions come fueled by the $15 a month... is bargain for me.

That would be lovely, but the expansions would have to be coming out every 3-4 months for the ongoing price to be justified, and that's more or less impossible.

That would be lovely, but the expansions would have to be coming out every 3-4 months for the ongoing price to be justified, and that's more or less impossible.

I know... sad sigh... I know. You're right.

Which is why, until now, I've been very unhappy with single player franchises AND with MMOs. TOR (assuming we get chapters after 3 and levels after 50)... might... just might... get me the gaming experience I've been waiting for...

Just not at the same pace, since, in all fairness, I have to "wait my turn" for End Game to catch up to the Story part before it's time for more Story...

Edited by DalrisThane

Q: If you could sit down and speak to a SWTOR developer face-to-face for 30 seconds of time to give him/her feedback on the game...

What would you, personally, tell them?

GO!

I'd probably say 'Hello', followed by an earnest well-wishing for them to have a nice evening with their friends and/or family.

I never did go in much for broadsiding people with demands or sharply worded comments when it wasn't the time or place to go into such things, and a 30 second window is just about enough time to exchange a decent pleasantry.

Which is why, until now, I've been very unhappy with single player franchises AND with MMOs. TOR (assuming we get chapters after 3 and levels after 50)... might... just might... get me the gaming experience I've been waiting for...

Just not at the same pace, since, in all fairness, I have to "wait my turn" for End Game to catch up to the Story part before it's time for more Story...

TOR could very well end up being what you want...but I don't see that happening any time soon. Maybe another year or two down the line, but will you stick around that long? I'm not sure I will...

Because Star Wars Galaxies sucked.

Thanks.

Whats going to be funny is that SWG will of had more players after its 1 year date than SWTOR will have.

What would you say then? Would you say SWTOR sucks more than SWG when that happens.

I agree, I wouldn't mind spending 15$ a month for some good and regular story updates. I do enjoy the other MMO aspects like PvP and raiding but they have something with the story no other game currently offers imho.

a 30 second window is just about enough time to exchange a decent pleasantry.

Yes, which is why I dispensed with the 30-second limitation in my response. 30 seconds will not get you through the elevator to the Bioware Departures hanger, and from there to the Bioware Orbital Station, and from there to the Bioware airlock, etc. etc., and that's not even counting the loading screen before you enter the room where the developer was waiting before he glanced at his/her watch the third time and decided you weren't going to make it and went out with some friends to get pineapple/banana smoothies.

Q: If you could sit down and speak to a SWTOR developer face-to-face for 30 seconds of time to give him/her feedback on the game...

What would you, personally, tell them?

GO!

I wouldn't say a darn thing. I would punch the dude in the face, turn around and leave.

After 300 milions spent in this game....

1 - Why we have a cluncky sloppy combat system that isn't reliable?

2 - Why we don't have an immersive RPG game from 2012, poor music, cloned NPC's, stactic wild life, no ambient sounds and a false sensation of choice in story?

3 - Why after almost 2 months of release date and 5 years of developement, we don't have a scalable UI? Why you guys still ******* at the global cooldown animation? Is it hard?

4 - Why simple crap like tab targeting is sloppy designed?

5 - Why do you guys suck so much?

6 - Can I have my money back?