If You Could Speak To A SWTOR Developer Face-to-face for 30 Seconds...

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're very specifically WRONG.

Q: Are these 1.7 subscribers paying?

A: Active subscribers means anyone paying or in their trial period. Most of those 1.7m are paying at this point

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19915-electronic-arts-q3-fy12-earnings-call

Keeping in mind this coming from someone who's job it is to make everything look peachy.

So...what is your point?

I like how you left out this part:

"MOST of those 1.7m are paying at this point."

The emphasis is not mine; it is from the linked article that you decided to selectively quote from, since you apparently feared the facts.

Oh right I'll trust a business man and his term of 'most' lol.

Also 75% of that figure came in one week. The rest 5 weeks shared in on that 25% total and the weekly sales figures worldwide have been decreasing:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/Global/

Pretty soon they'll have weekly sales figures of about 1k whereas 20k a week leave.

Also 75% of that figure came in one week. The rest 5 weeks shared in on that 25% total and the weekly sales figures worldwide have been decreasing:

Pretty soon they'll have weekly sales figures of about 1k whereas 20k a week leave.

LOL I love how you try to debunk someones post by splitting hairs on the word 'most', but then contrive your opinion as though it's fact. Who are you?

Pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about, extrapolating judgements on hearsay is pointless.

Edited by djsmileey

30s isnt enough time, id need a good 3 hours to explain to them what's up.

#1 thing they need to do is stop reading the forums and play the game, and make changes based on what they see + bug reports ingame! never listen to a QQ'er! even if it's me!

LOL I love how you try to debunk someones post by splitting hairs on the word 'most', but then contrive your opinion as though it's fact. Who are you?

Pretty sure you don't know what you are talking about, extrapolating judgements on hearsay is pointless.

In other words, this is him saying "I'm wrong and have nothing else to say to back up my argument."

That you are trying too hard to defend this title and can't see it for what it is. Also how he just proved you wrong. How's that for starters?

LOL

No.

I am defending the game becuase I enjoy it and I want to see it stick around.

Just because a few haters

FEW being the operative word don't like it doesn't mean it's going to die.

even if 50,000 people hate this game and complain in forums, thats still less than 3% of the population.

50,000 is a lot, consider most threads have a active view list of roughly 1000 - 4000 on the HEAVY threads.

Take that into consideration with CONCURRENT FORUM USERS, and then compare that to the total active subscriptions.

Tell me again why I would care about the opinion of a few nobodies in a forum that pay to dislike a game.

Speculate all you want, but the numbers don't lie. Just because YOU don't like this game, doesn't mean Majority will agree with you.

Edited by djsmileey

Do you not feel that 50,000 people being unhappy with a product is unacceptable?

I feel it is irrelevant.

not only that, I expect it.

Not everyone likes everything everyone else does.

I hate Taylor Swift, but she is still a massive selling artist everywhere.

Edited by djsmileey

If I was told ahead of time. I would be giving them write-ups and diagrams of progression of PvP systems to implement, ideas to change the systems... However, I would ask them to specifically outline:

1) The lines of Code that explain how to award medals

2) What are you coefficients for abilities across the classes.

or

3) What kind of code are they using for Ilum compared to the rest of the world, and if it's the same, go over some stuff to fix the code for FPS limiting with 80 people in one area. Which shouldn't be an issue like it is.

I would also tell them to ignore all those WoW mother****ers and continue to make/improve a fantastic game.

Have you even played WoW? Gear colour tiers are the same (white -> green -> blue -> purple)

Sith Juggernaut is just about a carbon copy of the Arms warrior

They looked down on single boss encounters, which is why all of the boss fights are single boss encounters

Most of my characters are familiar because I can hotkey an ability that was the same or similar to one that was bound there in WoW

Does someone TELLING you to go kill 10 space bugs really make it that much better or different?

Quesh is Felwood, even shaped the same. Tatooine just like Tanaris, etc.

People are mad that this game is trying too hard to be WoW without most of the things WoW does well. It doesn't even have a combat log for Christ's sake. You and the other fanboys should really retire the "EFF THEES WOW MOFOZ!!1!one! BIOWURR U R SO KUL!!!!!!" rhetoric and come up with something new and relevant.

LOL

No.

I am defending the game becuase I enjoy it and I want to see it stick around.

Just because a few haters

FEW being the operative word don't like it doesn't mean it's going to die.

even if 50,000 people hate this game and complain in forums, thats still less than 3% of the population.

50,000 is a lot, consider most threads have a active view list of roughly 1000 - 4000 on the HEAVY threads.

Take that into consideration with CONCURRENT FORUM USERS, and then compare that to the total active subscriptions.

Tell me again why I would care about the opinion of a few nobodies in a forum that pay to dislike a game.

You fanboys remind me of a soldier jumping on a grenade to save his friend. (Grenade being negative feedback, and friend being SWTOR) Just because you jump on the grenade, does not mean it's going to save SWTOR. You can defend it all you want, the only people who can save the game are the DEV's. Also, if you read the forums the "haters" are not the few, more like the majority... If you see different, then I just don't know what to say. Love is blind... Remember that...

Have you even played WoW? Gear colour tiers are the same (white -> green -> blue -> purple)

Sith Juggernaut is just about a carbon copy of the Arms warrior

They looked down on single boss encounters, which is why all of the boss fights are single boss encounters

Most of my characters are familiar because I can hotkey an ability that was the same or similar to one that was bound there in WoW

Does someone TELLING you to go kill 10 space bugs really make it that much better or different?

Quesh is Felwood, even shaped the same. Tatooine just like Tanaris, etc.

People are mad that this game is trying too hard to be WoW without most of the things WoW does well. It doesn't even have a combat log for Christ's sake. You and the other fanboys should really retire the "EFF THEES WOW MOFOZ!!1!one! BIOWURR U R SO KUL!!!!!!" rhetoric and come up with something new and relevant.

Yes.. freaking out because there is no combat log is very reasonable.

LOL that's funny.

In the past 3 weeks we added nearly 150k new people. How do you figure we will suddenly drop to 1k people a week? The rate of decline from the past 2 weeks suggest we will still add close to another 200k people in the next 4 weeks

Do you not feel that 50,000 people being unhappy with a product is unacceptable?

NEWS FLASH:

There is ALOT more than 50,000 people unhappy with this game.

Lol are you joking or something?

Do you read these forums? It is busting at the seams with unhappy people.

50,000? ROFL!! There has probly been 200,000-300,000 people who have un-subbed already and probly about another 500,000 that will be unsubbng within the next 2 months.

50,000 lolzzzz what a belly laugh.

You wish there was only 50,000 people unhappy with this game.

I like how you left out this part:

"MOST of those 1.7m are paying at this point."

The emphasis is not mine; it is from the linked article that you decided to selectively quote from, since you apparently feared the facts.

WHat do you think most means? it means that at least 850,000 people are paying.

Looking at the number I can show you that there were not over 1.4 million that extended their sub. Also out out that 1.4 million that includes people that had cancelled after subbing for an additional month,players who used a time card to activate the game and people who payed a multi month sub to activate the game. How many of the 1.4 million is that I dont know but out of 2 million sold only 1.4 million at the most enjoyed the game to resub and 300,000 did not like the game and quit and 300,000 are in their free month.

Funny how a 85% retention rate after the first month is now a 66%.

Edited by Emeda

You fanboys remind me of a soldier jumping on a grenade to save his friend. (Grenade being negative feedback, and friend being SWTOR) Just because you jump on the grenade, does not mean it's going to save SWTOR. You can defend it all you want, the only people who can save the game are the DEV's. Also, if you read the forums the "haters" are not the few, more like the majority... If you see different, then I just don't know what to say. Love is blind... Remember that...

I also love when people ignore my very safe facts about the game, and you respond by lumping it all up as fanboy.

Just shows you don't aactually have anything to say.

I give plenty of negative feedback to the game. I just use the proper channels and I don't have a meltdown when I find a bug. I report it and move on.

Edited by djsmileey

I feel it is irrelevant.

not only that, I expect it.

Not everyone likes everything everyone else does.

I hate Taylor Swift, but she is still a massive selling artist everywhere.

There's a difference between liking an artist's performance and a video game. A video game can be fundamentally broken. If I buy a Taylor Swift CD and it skips, I don't blame her talent.