If You Could Speak To A SWTOR Developer Face-to-face for 30 Seconds...

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people do because the forums are the most fun in the game. See sig

That is so true. I have more fun with the forums then the game. I spend 4-5 hours on the forums a day (can't pull away for some reason) and I have not played TOR for a week.

What part of the 150 milion DINT go to giving us a combat log?

I never understood why there wasn't a visible log.

I mean the log HAS to be in the game to keep track of damage in order to display the scrolling text over our heads and to tell us how much damage we did in warzones.

So why not make it visible on the chat window???

they very specifically said it did NOT include them.

You're very specifically WRONG.

Q: Are these 1.7 subscribers paying?

A: Active subscribers means anyone paying or in their trial period. Most of those 1.7m are paying at this point

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19915-electronic-arts-q3-fy12-earnings-call

Keeping in mind this coming from someone who's job it is to make everything look peachy.

they very specifically said it did NOT include them.

Incorrect it DOES include the free trials:

Update: Darth Hater has compiled some additional TOR-related statistics and Q&A from today's EA earnings call: "2,000,000+ copies sold, 40% sold through Origin; 1,700,000+ active subscribers, 1 million concurrent." The company also notes that "Active subscribers means anyone paying OR in their trial period

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/01/ea-reveals-swtor-subscription-and-sales-numbers-beats-financial/

I would tell them to mostly ignore all the turds on the forum.

Negativity is contagious. It doesn't create for a good environment. I think it's way more difficult to progress personally or professionally with negativity around you.

Conversely, there wouldn't be so many negative turds on the forums if the game were better.

Thank you for your work. Keep producing content and fixing bugs and you will have my sub. Also, your best bet is to ignore the General Forums altogether. Maybe the Suggestion sub-forum, but not the General Forum.

If there was any time left after that:

Btw, I think the dev that coded the GTN has a substance abuse program. Might want to do a "random" drug screening asap before that gets out of hand.

Incorrect it DOES include the free trials:

Update: Darth Hater has compiled some additional TOR-related statistics and Q&A from today's EA earnings call: "2,000,000+ copies sold, 40% sold through Origin; 1,700,000+ active subscribers, 1 million concurrent." The company also notes that "Active subscribers means anyone paying OR in their trial period

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/02/01/ea-reveals-swtor-subscription-and-sales-numbers-beats-financial/

I like how you left out this part:

"MOST of those 1.7m are paying at this point."

The emphasis is not mine; it is from the linked article that you decided to selectively quote from, since you apparently feared the facts.

Edited by Kthx

Thank you for your work. Keep producing content and fixing bugs and you will have my sub. Also, your best bet is to ignore the General Forums altogether. Maybe the Suggestion sub-forum, but not the General Forum.

If there was any time left after that:

Btw, I think the dev that coded the GTN has a substance abuse program. Might want to do a "random" drug screening asap before that gets out of hand.

"Your best bet is to ignore the most densely populated forum you have, ignore the people who are annoyed and focus only on those who like your game, because the rest don't matter".

Glad you're not in CR

You're very specifically WRONG.

Q: Are these 1.7 subscribers paying?

A: Active subscribers means anyone paying or in their trial period. Most of those 1.7m are paying at this point

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19915-electronic-arts-q3-fy12-earnings-call

Keeping in mind this coming from someone who's job it is to make everything look peachy.

So, considering I don't have a credit card, I had to buy a 60 day game card to get my free month. So I would be part of the 1.7 million, and I uninstalled and will not be paying anymore. So yes, not all the 1.7 million is playing, and yes the number means nothing. Also yes, subscribers are going to move onto better MMO's so it will drop. No, you defending them will not save the game. They must do that for themselves.

I wouldn't say a word. I'd just sit in a chair, then I'd stand up. I'd continue to stand then sit in the chair repeatedly so that they had time to take notes. Obviously I'd have to make calm gentle movements as the poor dears have seemingly never been exposed to this social function and I wouldn't want to scare them away by making sudden movements. Edited by TangledByrd