Smugglers must be nerfed

chakkar

as a melee class i can say that even after the nerf they still manage to nearly kill me!

two scoundrels 2 v 2 kill 1 person in 1 stun before a healer can even land a heal

or before you can react ^^

i have experienced that in alderaan guarding the turret with someone else.

knock down => dead 15k hp down the drain in no time and that with 502 expertise

bit silly tbh

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a melee class i can say that even after the nerf they still manage to nearly kill me!

two scoundrels 2 v 2 kill 1 person in 1 stun before a healer can even land a heal

or before you can react ^^

i have experienced that in alderaan guarding the turret with someone else.

knock down => dead 15k hp down the drain in no time and that with 502 expertise

bit silly tbh

and i've seen 2 sorcs or 2 bh's kill people before their stun wears off. The only difference here is the ranged dps don't get to dictate the fights terms.

Why does everyone complain they aren't equal to another class? The whole point of classes is you have your strengths and weaknesses. The changes being made are to "fix" being too strong/weak, not to make every class have the same skills.

Operative/Scoundrels are to surprise attack and CC, that's what the class was built to do. Our weakness is catching us off guard, we cannot take damage.

Stop all the whining of this class has this and that class has that. Play the class you pick, reroll if you want what another class has. Be glad you have any CCs some MMO classes have none.

I must say in 1v1 as a champion-geared scoundrel I am pretty strong, hell I can 1v2 some classes if their CDs are down, but merc healers? I can't burst them down fast enough if they're good. They have that shield and KB which instantly gives them so much more breathing room than say, a smugg/OPs healer. Hell, mercs/commando healers are a hell lot tougher than sorcs (who can only shield 1 time before I kill them) since you guys wear heavy armour.

You are either undergeared or over-generalizing.

• 3 weeks later...
Why is it that when players get owned the next think out of the mouths is "Nerf"?

This is the worst I have seen this in an MMO but like I have said before; it has gotten progressively worse each new MMO.

As far as this goes; I feel this is just another reason resolve should work differently.

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

You can't be level 50 yet if you are seriously complaining about Operatives and Smugglers.

Juggers can do a channel free Force choke, leap to you (snares), toss you back, leap to you again. That takes someone out far longer than Operatives and Smugglers 1.5 second knock down.

Sage/Sorc which have 10% melee and ranged defense, twice the amount as everyone else in the game. Has an AOE CC (with talent), Charge, can dodge attacks and CC attempts because of their 10% defenses, knockback (with snare), pull, best AOE heal in the game, best bubble in the game, great heals, attacks bypass defenses of everyone, CC's have 30m range.

Operatives/Smuggles. No free gap closers, vanish isn't reliable and on a long cooldown, no knockback, the burst damage they had was nerfed. Their three CC's are limited to 10m. Easily kited.

If a melee Operative/Smuggler is killing you *shrug*

When i play my sniper in warzones i hate it when ops/scoundrels appear on me and start putting sharp stuff into me...that being said i never really felt they were op. Just that they are played a certain way that happens to counter my sniper sitting in one place with his obvious come stab me sign (bright bubbly shield with flashing lights that say "im right here! come kill me!").

Also to point out that scoundrel is the least played class in the game, by a fair margin...im thinking inquisitors would see a nerf long before scoundrels just because of the outstanding number of them.

I have a feeling most of the people who demands nerfs either haven't actually played pvp but watched pre-10-49 Bracket Vids on youtube of people melting face or they suck at the game. It can really only be one of those two especially in regards to Operatives/Scoundrels. Edited by Vandewater

lol.

Sure, while you're at it why don't you put us in light armor too? The fact that we're useful at all is ridiculous. Nah, how about you put us in no armor? Then you can make it so that all of our abilities insta-suicide and give a free kill and valor level to everyone in the warzone.

tl;dr Some merc healer got killed by a skilled operative somehow and is mad. Embrace the nerf.

P.S.- use your knockbacks and shield. We're stupid easy to kite. Get a friend to throw a DoT on us before we vanish so that it's on cooldown for another 2 minutes. (because if you're going up against an operative 1v1 you're doing it wrong, or more likely the operative is doing it right)

It's funny how Smugglers/Operatives are such a polarizing class. Top players seem to be of the consensus that they are they worst class in the game, while solo players think they need nerfs. It just goes to show how dangerous playing a stealth burst class is in an MMO. Regardless of the actual balance, you will be at the mercy of the casual player whining about being "stunlocked" or "I was about to kill him but he got away with stealth!" Edited by CaptainInsano

It's funny how Smugglers/Operatives are such a polarizing class. Top players seem to be of the consensus that they are they worst class in the game, while solo players think they need nerfs. It just goes to show how dangerous playing a stealth burst class is in an MMO. Regardless of the actual balance, you will be at the mercy of the casual player whining about being "stunlocked" or "I was about to kill him but he got away with stealth!"

Hmm strange, in my completely made up statistics 'top players' are of the consensus that smugglers are overpowered.

Guess made up statistics aren't what they used to be. :(

Regardless of the actual balance, games will always be at the mercy of biased players whining to protect their classes... one day people will learn that devs use actual game data when deciding whether to change class balance, not forums. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling most of the people who demands nerfs either haven't actually played pvp but watched pre-10-49 Bracket Vids on youtube of people melting face or they suck at the game. It can really only be one of those two especially in regards to Operatives/Scoundrels.

I think one reason people really dislike ops/scoundrels is that unlike other classes, the stealther needs to be relentless on targeting the person they attacked (assuming they survive the opener). Unlike other classes, the stealther doesn't have an option of finding another target if they manage to get away. If they don't hunt them down, they're basically useless because they can't recloak while engaged in combat, and nobody just let's an uncloaked ops/scoundrel just walk up to them. Sometimes when I'm after the ball carrier and they pass, I'm basically required to finish off the person who passed simply because I have no choice since I can't close on the new target (can't sprint or cloak) while the victim's friends quickly abandon him because they have a new ball carrier to protect. It doesn't make you very popular. Like you said, it's mainly people who haven't played these classes that become enraged that a stealther decides that they're an easy target and latches on like a pitt bull.

If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?

you are kind of ignorant....scoundrels/operatives have 2 stuns base 3 if specced deep into the stealth tree... consulars have knockback, stun, lift, and a nice little root to be attached to the knockback. jedi knights have force choke, push, and a stun on force jump. bounty hunters have a stun, carbonite which is a stun, knockback, pull (if specced) and another knockback if specced. so saying that operatives or scoundrels have more stuns than any other class is nothing short of you not doing your homework and considering that they are the weakest class in the game right now if you are having problems with them its your fault not theirs so you obviously need to change your tactics on how you deal with them

You have a shielding cooldown that prevents 25% of damage taken, and as a healer, prevents you from being interrupted for its entire duration.

This cooldown is baseline for all bounty hunters, regardless of advanced class.

He's not talking about the shield offhand.

um...all bounty hunters get that nice little blue bubble that for MERCENARIES prevents any heals from being INTURRUPTED which honestly is what i call using shields. plus mercenaries in the arsenal tree get a nice little SHIELD when they use tracer missile.

what is so special about a healer class? My DPS is not as good as other classes for one. Secondly, Once people know I'm a healer they keep coming after me. after the first few min of a wz its like im target number 1.

then the icing on the cake is after I keep people alive time and time again, over 200k average heals per WZ, I rarely get any votes for MVP.

We get no respect. I dont even know why I bother.

The problem, my friend, isn't the people attacking you. It's the people you are playing with. Decent players will identify that you are a healer and they will target you specifically because if they do not kill you, you will tip the scales every single time and they will die instead.

Decent allies will do the same thing and come to your rescue. If we played together, you wouldn't complain about them because they would not be around long enough. However when im healing, he wouldn't even scratch you so it wouldn't matter. I'd toss on some hots and spend my TA heal on you every few seconds and he would be a minor annoyance.