Smugglers must be nerfed

chakkar

especially a healer class?

Out of curiosity, what's so special about a healer class? Your role is to, when undisrupted, give OTHER people better survivability. You are a support class. You are not built to operate alone. Your ability to deal with pressure is not and should not be exceptional. Although as a Bounty Hunter healer, you have more ability to deal with pressure than any other healing class.

Edited by Grubfist

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, what's so special about a healer class? Your role is to, when undisrupted, give OTHER people better survivability. You are a support class. You are not built to operate alone. Your ability to deal with pressure is not and should not be exceptional. Although as a Bounty Hunter healer, you have more ability to deal with pressure than any other healing class.

what is so special about a healer class? My DPS is not as good as other classes for one. Secondly, Once people know I'm a healer they keep coming after me. after the first few min of a wz its like im target number 1.

then the icing on the cake is after I keep people alive time and time again, over 200k average heals per WZ, I rarely get any votes for MVP.

We get no respect. I dont even know why I bother.

what is so special about a healer class? My DPS is not as good as other classes for one. Secondly, Once people know I'm a healer they keep coming after me. after the first few min of a wz its like im target number 1.

then the icing on the cake is after I keep people alive time and time again, over 200k average heals per WZ, I rarely get any votes for MVP.

We get no respect. I dont even know why I bother.

So because other players on your team are bad, you should be buffed above and beyond your role? Of course your dps is weaker. You have dps AND heals!

so....because I dont care to know the specifics of other classes, which I really dont care about, my opinion is null and void?

you're a wonderful person

Yes, it is. Because if you don't know the specifics about the class you are fighting, you can not expect to kill them because you have no clue what they have and how to counter it. You are essentially fighting blind. Carry on.

To be honest ANY stealth class is currently OP.

Why is this;

- Pure Shockfrozen Water (the handy-dandy 8+K heal that doesn't get used up and you can use it every 10 seconds out of combat.

But if it's out of combat, surely it's not THAT big a problem?

All stealth characters have a hard-break when they engage stealth mid-fight. This 'counts' as out of combat so you can be jumped by a stealth go through their usual routine which should bring you down to around 30% HP. Then you fight them (you should have the advantage ...) and BAM! They can hit stealth, break out of combat hit a medpac, hit the PSFW and they've got next to full health again.

= ALL STEALTH CLASS OP

:D

Edited by TheRFC

Why is this;

- Pure Shockfrozen Water (the handy-dandy 8+K heal that doesn't get used up and you can use it every 10 seconds out of combat.

All stealth characters have a hard-break when they engage stealth mid-fight. This 'counts' as out of combat so you can be jumped by a stealth go through their usual routine which should bring you down to around 30% HP. Then you fight them (you should have the advantage ...) and BAM! They can hit stealth, break out of combat hit a medpac, hit the PSFW and they've got next to full health again.

= ALL STEALTH CLASS OP

Good thing 1v1 = balance

Oh wait.

You must be trollin'

If you can't survive an Operative as a healer you are doingitwrong.

This, I can survive in PVE gear against Ops...unless it's the smuggler from my faction. :p

Hell, I had one Op chase me for an entire Wz...never killed me. Mouse turning is my friend.

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

Oh.... ..Be Quiet already...

You got mad cuz someone killed you. Smuggler already got nerfed. L2P

Edited by Lectro

ok i like the suggestions coming from this thread about how to handle operatives but i have to say once i get knocked down for 1.5sec by the time i get up i've lost 25% to 30% of my health no joke.

I'm darkness assassin in full champion gear.

yes 25% to 30% on an ok day up to 50% sometimes and a bad day

this is with 20k health mind you.

So let's say i've lost 30% of my health.

They have the kick stun

The mess

The other electructe style stun

Maybe another stun from crafting

Plus the remain 70% of my health goes in like 4 secs

Yes i agree if i get up and face them i can kill them no problem cos once they haven't killed you in their opening they have lost. ok i get that

But If the Operative is good enough you are going to die in that opening or near enough around those opening seconds.

Incase your wondering yes i did get pawned by and Operative and i'm not mad cos i lost

Infact i like losing sometimes cos it makes me get serious and realise there is a challenge at had and hence makes the game more fun.

I hate losing in 8 secs.

Why you may ask

Cos i don't even have time to respond. cos in 8 secs i can only pull of 4 moves. So can they cos of global cooldown. But their 4 moves win and mine just tickles them. Sorry bioware my class can't kill anyone in this game same gear level in 8 secs.

Sorry that's a hard cap for me.

If i could at least have a chance to fight back that would be nice but there you go.

One other thing i don't think this class should be nerfed. I think it needs to be redesigned

for what you may ask.

Simple

give Operatives more long term dps

And reduce their burst damage

Also make them tougher as well

That's what you need to do

All these hard nerfs aren't going to solve the problem just make operatives quit.

Take away their serious burst and give them more long term solutions.

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

Maybe you're just bad. I know no one likes to hear it but there are bad people, you might be one of them. Just admit it and move on.

Why is this;

= ALL STEALTH CLASS OP

Lie Lie Lie and you have not a clue what you are talking about.

If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?

Your the worst BH healer in the game then, Heavy armor, Shield, Cd for stopping interrupts.... SO BAD...

They have the kick stun

The mess

The other electructe style stun

Maybe another stun from crafting

OK....Now people are just making stuff up.....

Other than the initial knockdown, scrappers have the kick stun and the mezz, that's it! Well and one snare (root if talented)

There is no "electructe style stun" (L2Spell btw) that's the op's equivalent to dirty kick and last I checked there is no stun from crafting, and if there is and I'm not aware of it, how does that apply to JUST smugglers? L2Play and quit crying about a class that is honestly not all that great after the recent nerfs.

To the O.P. you're just a baddie, sorry but it's the truth, smugglers, whether scoundrels or gunslingers, are not known for their CC capabilities and BH healers are the most durable healers in the game right now. You whining about survivability is just hilarious and yes you are expected to know the class you're whining against because otherwise you look like a baddie that just likes to cry on the forums when he gets beaten, too bad it's a little late for you.

I love how noobz name classes after their base class, not AC...

I love how people will pick out the most inconsequential thing just to put someone down. And some of us wonder why the forums are such a cesspool...

According to account dates, you're the noob....

It's a CC, unless they can stun you for 4 minutes and shoot you the entire time and you can't do anything, I don't see how it is particularly unbalancing.

Once a Scoundrel runs out of their tricks, it should be rather simple to clobber them, the entire point of that class is to be sneaky. Many of their stronger attacks require them to be in cover or crouched down like they are in cover and they can't move.

Once they run out of tricks, and it turns into a straight up knockdown/dragout, they end up in real trouble.

Edited by GarfieldJL