Dual-spec Coming and no changing advanced classes!

CzaplaM

I've got a non-apple mp3 player that's older than that (it predates the existence of the nano). Still works fine.

more specs = more ways to play = good.

I'm not even an Apple fan, I'd rather have another company's MP3 as they are usually more feature rich (like having a radio tuner) but unfortunately not all companies turn out the same quality (Samsung, Sanso, both broke within a year. Too bad those were the times I turned down the protection plan).

Once again why be a Guardian DPS when you could dual AC change into a Sentinel who can only DPS and thusly should be able to do it better? More specs are useless if they are redundant.

Edited by RocNessMonster

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again why be a Guardian DPS when you could dual AC change into a Sentinel who can only DPS and thusly should be able to do it better? More specs are useless if they are redundant.

You're assuming the dev's don't care about the many speccs of dps that would be made useless as in wow/rift there goals have been for some time all speccs serving as what they are a dps specc is a dps end of story.

whether they hit the mark at all times can be debated endlessly but they get it close enough that as a death knight it was never a question of going over a rogue for a spot, more ranged vs melee which is something I don't think anyone's really going to get right without making boss's simply autoattack

Edited by darkcerb

Dual spec is a wonderful idea, I hope they will give it on around level 20, before that we really don't need it (was fine tanking dungeons and heroics with dps spec).

It brings more fun to the gameplay if you ask me. I am able to fit two roles, or have two builds (for pve and for pvp for example), making the game more diverse.

And advanced classes... I got used to it. It was very stupid idea and still is, to select it so early, almost without any intel on whathever the class playstyle looks like.

Dual spec is a wonderful idea, I hope they will give it on around level 20, before that we really don't need it (was fine tanking dungeons and heroics with dps spec).

It brings more fun to the gameplay if you ask me. I am able to fit two roles, or have two builds (for pve and for pvp for example), making the game more diverse.

And advanced classes... I got used to it. It was very stupid idea and still is, to select it so early, almost without any intel on whathever the class playstyle looks like.

Me not knowing anything about this game, and leveling straight to 10 was hard, because I really had no idea. You are right about that one.

I did know I wanted to be a tank, well at least make sure I had the spec, so it did make it a lot easier.

Well copying the idea's that worked very well in WoW and adding some minor positive changes is always a plus in my book. I guess the only thing star wars did update on and it felt like reverse patching, was the kill 50 random enemies to kill another 65 random enemies for bonus quests! I bet that chinese farming grind fest was george's idea, since I've never seen that in Bioware games.

Dual Spec is coming and it is only a matter of time. Pretty exciting.

I for one am all for this idea, I'm just hoping people stop complaining that they can't change their advanced class. It just doesn't make sense whether there is a story or not involved, if you want to change to the other advanced class make a new guy!

You put it there. IF YOU WANT ANOTHER SPEC, MAKE A NEW GUY.

Dual-Spec is pointless; and I've always hate hybrid builds; it's either they are too strong, or they are too weak.

It's 10 levels later than pretty much another other MMORPG based on the EQ1 model though.

It's not an advanced class really, it's just "class".

It seems that its a double standard the (AC) that dps's and has healing on its side can respec to full heal spec and vice versa...its just the one thats on the other side thats stuck...why are people so upset about alowing peeps to change arctypes when all it does is save someone the hastle of going through the same storyline twice? Edited by Kinkyy

Now now. They are release stuff in installments for a reason. If everything was out all at once well, people will complain more.

Well they always complain.

Complain more?

Wow...I don't know. It's entertainment people. It's not real. Have fun playing it. If you can't get a group, go solo, if you find a good group, make a guild. It gets really easy if you break it down to FUN. WoW is fun because there are a TON of people playing. Right now there is a lag, because most people ran to 50, and now they are pacing, waiting.

HAVE FUN!!!

Complain more?

Wow...I don't know. It's entertainment people. It's not real. Have fun playing it. If you can't get a group, go solo, if you find a good group, make a guild. It gets really easy if you break it down to FUN. WoW is fun because there are a TON of people playing. Right now there is a lag, because most people ran to 50, and now they are pacing, waiting.

HAVE FUN!!!

Amen!

Edited by SSsteve

I know it's coming but my opinion about it is that it is for the elitist players, at least that is the line where I draw the mark.

After it comes everyone that doesn't dual-spec will be though as strange or odd(this is what in my opinion happened in wow) and I don't want to learn two ways of playing one character.

Then there are the gear switches, more ninjaing for off-spec and such. not a good thing.

One good thing is that you can probably find a flashpoint group faster but that can be solved in other ways.

In my opinion it will make the game worse for me.

Peace.

I am indeed saddened by the news. Dual speccing was lame in WoW too. I did it just to try it out, and I really only wound up switching specs like once or twice in that whole time I was dual specced anyway.

Also, it's worse in this game. Due to the companion system, tanks and healers hold their own a lot better and are actually really effective. Have you ever tried playing a warrior in WoW with a priest following you around? Nothing can stop you. Even in the beta, nothing could stop that combo. Now, all sith Juggs, Sorcerers, Assassins, Operatives, Mercs and Powertechs ALL have that combo. Why would you need your DPS tree to farm.

To top that off, so far, tanks and healers have more competative DPS than they did in Vanilla WoW (which was the last time dual specs actually were necessary).

Even worse, it promotes Ninjas. I'm a true blue tank that may have his DPS spec, but never really switches to it because I think dual speccing is lame. Along comes a flash point, I happen to pick up another of my same advanced class. He's a DPS version of that class, but has a dual spec with a tank, because he's got schizophrenia. The tank piece that I've been waiting to drop, that may even be the sole reason I agreed to this particular instance in the first place drops, and he says, "Well, it's fair game for me to roll Need because I do have a tank spec and I might tank some day. Even though I suck as a tank, so I have to be overgeared to do it, and the only way to get overgeared for content like that is to steal from the hard working real tanks. Thanks for the Drop you've been trying to get all month, I'll put it to good use someday... Maybe"

People already do this. In any game with easy spec switching (the $ to respec resets every month to starting at 1k credits!) I routinely roll need on offspec pieces as a shadow tank. Hell... its worse. People roll need for their companions! Adding dual spec's won't change that fact. Just because he can't click a button and be a tank (has to hunt down skill mentor/pay for respec, manually put in) doesn't mean he isn't harboring allusions of being a tank/collecting gear.... or even collecting gear for his tanking comp.

It all just boils down to this "douchebags will be douchebags" If he doesn't wait to see if the actually tank/healer needs on an item, before needing for offspec, hes a douchebag. There really is no cure for douchebagery other than a shotgun to the head... and sadly the courts don't agree with me :(

All in all, this is a good/quality of life change. I can keep my HM tank spec AND a pvp optimized spec at the same time, without constant back/forth of going to skill mentor. And again, its not like people aren't needing for offspec/companions anyone. So you don't want to use it... then dont! "I had a dps offspec but never used it but once or twice... why is it even here?" Thats like being a scoundrel and going "Yeah my class can heal, but I've only tried it once or twice... why is healing even in the game!?" Its to give people options. There are a lot of people that never PvP, or never do FP's/Operations and live for PvP, however saying that "since I never use it, it shouldn't exist" is imposing you view of fun on others. Chicken little... the sky is NOT falling. (not over dual specs at least....)

So, since TOR is the first MMO I've actually kept with past the trial period, could someone explain what dual spec actually means? I'd like to understand what the hoopla is about.

Reading through the first 10 pages hasn't given me an answer.

Thanks!

Yes, I'm a noob, blah blah blah, don't care.

From what I understand, people can spec into two different roles within their advanced class. Basically, two different "builds" on the same character.

Personally, I'm all for it. Very few people want to level a healer, for example, yet when I try running Heroics, most of the time I hit the very familiar wall of no one being able to actually heal. At best, theirs a sage/sorc who can -kinda- heal, but never enough to do any real good.

One of the reasons I hated a previous MMO was the insistance on having a near perfect party for just about any content to go smoothly - And nobody rolled a healer character. I spent half my days on that just waiting with a few other guys, some of em leaving, some staying, while that one elusive healer was on the way. And then their was several other groups who also wanted that one guy, so...

I really can't see a downside here.

From what I understand, people can spec into two different roles within their advanced class. Basically, two different "builds" on the same character.

Personally, I'm all for it. Very few people want to level a healer, for example, yet when I try running Heroics, most of the time I hit the very familiar wall of no one being able to actually heal. At best, theirs a sage/sorc who can -kinda- heal, but never enough to do any real good.

One of the reasons I hated a previous MMO was the insistance on having a near perfect party for just about any content to go smoothly - And nobody rolled a healer character. I spent half my days on that just waiting with a few other guys, some of em leaving, some staying, while that one elusive healer was on the way. And then their was several other groups who also wanted that one guy, so...

I really can't see a downside here.

Very helpful, thank you! Sounds like a good thing to me.

any news about WHEN they are finally going to implement dual spec?

The QA said "soon", as so far they have been pretty clear on not giving "promises" like that unless they can keep them. But i'm a bit sad it didn't say 1.2 like "all" the other features mentioned in the interview.

I guess soon is a couple of months. I guess that puts a nail in the coffin for my second merc bountyhunter that just reached lvl 16 :/

If I had to bet, I would say soon was in about 2 months, unless they manage to somehow get it into 1.2

Edited by klogd

Let's copy WoW...but we'll be subtle...we'll introduce things that have proven to be popular over a long period of time to mask the fact that we are a blatant copy that has failed its task at copying.

I love people who feel the need to completely lose their minds and napalm something just because the incredibly successful, user friendly, frustration reducing feature they want to see implemented just happened to be in “THAT OTHER GAME” . I guess BioWare should remove XP, talent trees, the trade network, etc. Next they will start referring to everyone who likes the idea as “fan boys” while they leap to the defense of a substandard game wearing their BioWare cape and attempt to beat them over the head with an oversized glow stick.

Let's copy WoW...but we'll be subtle...we'll introduce things that have proven to be popular over a long period of time to mask the fact that we are a blatant copy that has failed its task at copying.

your Say We need to Shut Down All MMORPG Games that Were Out way be for WoW and New Ones Coming Out there all Copying WoW,

WoW Copy From there Games for Years and Make it Look like they were First Ones when there Not, Games going to Copy there Games... Just need make it Work for your Game

I want to see if WoW Copy from Rift

Edited by Iseekyou

OMG this game has mobs that you can kill.

And hp bars.

And you can attack other players.

It's such a rip off!!!

Bottom line:

If they're gonna say that the two advanced classes are essentially two different classes, and that's the reason why they are philosophically opposed to switching advanced classes...

then I'm gonna say : "Why on earth do I have the same class quests/story for two different classes"?

Can't have your cake and eat it, too.... or should I say, can't have my money and slap me too.

Bottom line:

If they're gonna say that the two advanced classes are essentially two different classes, and that's the reason why they are philosophically opposed to switching advanced classes...

then I'm gonna say : "Why on earth do I have the same class quests/story for two different classes"?

Can't have your cake and eat it, too.... or should I say, can't have my money and slap me too.

Nobody's forcing you - take it or leave it.