Another DOWNTIME tonight

daMarek

Which, if you're buying a Ford, is a very plausible scenario.

I think the important thing to take away from this discussion is:

SWTOR = FORD

:p

If were gonna say that then:-

Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault= GM and Chrysler :D

Its a sad fact that the BEST Cars made by Ford and GM are all made in Australia...

Aussie Ford and GM(Holden) are superb compared to the garbage the same companies put out in the US.

Edited by blackadda

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this demands an official response, not an blog post or a forum reply, but a front page response to all customers.

I know that it is important to fix bugs, but they can wait at least a week for scheduled maintenance if they are not the type of issues that are affecting peoples access to the game. EA stands to lose more money from this type of behavior rather than just letting bugs sit for 6 days.

It is also true that the testing process for the PTS is currently flawed because it can’t be tested thoroughly for high-end content. There are several ways to fix this however none have been chosen to be implemented or been discussed with the public. Intentions for the PTS should be discussed to alive public distress.

It is also greatly disconcerting that listed fixes in patches to date have not actually been fixed such as Exotech schematics, Bonus series quests, Speeder emotes, Biochem adjustments (deployed without changes to tool tips causing confusion), Credit for PVP Daily/Weekly and Credit for Ops weekly to name a few. These kinds of things have a terrible effect on consumer trust because it shows a failure to be able to follow through and conveys a sense that things are being unnecessarily rushed to accommodate a few while inconveniencing many. It may be better to make the bug fixing priority and content change process known at this point (at least partially) beyond the scope of the PTS to allow customers to provide a wider range of feedback on issues.

I am about to ask for my money back for purchase and a refund on my subscription. I am not saying that to be sensational, I am genuinely feeling as if I am not getting what I have paid for and would rather wait to get the game when these issues have been addressed. I am not the only one who feels this way as this is a common discussion among guild members and friends that play the game. Some have already taken this action.

NATHAN RICHARDS

I love this game, it's why we are so concerned as a community. PTS needs to have a character copy, and we need to have a week before a new patch gets released. No true testing of your patches can happen, until that happens. That is your first step to fixing the beta.

+1 Bump for refunding money

Aww, they closed my Patch Night Theatre thread! Party poopers! Oh well. C'mon, someone at Bioware had to think it was funny.

Bioware Employee: Welcome everyone! Welcome to the Bioware theme park! Enjoy your stay at the most fun place in the galaxy!

Visitor 1: Wow, this is great!

Visitor 2: Meh, I've been to better places.

Visitor 3: This is fun. A little rough, but it's still fun.

Bioware Employee: I assure everyone that Bioware is doing all that it can to quickly iron any possible problems and shortcomings. We all very much care for your concerns!

Visitor 2: One of your rides is broken.

Visitor 1: Oh what? That sucks!

Visitor 3: Shoot. Well, I guess I'll go on another ride. That one looks fun--

Bioware Employee: What?? It's broken! Quick! Everyone has to evacuate the park immediately! Code red!

Visitor 1: What? For how long?

Bioware Employee: Oh not that long, well, maybe about about a quarter of the work day.

Visitor 2: Ehh, that's fine. I'll go do something else.

Visitor 1: Aww! Didn't this park close down yesterday?

Visitor 3: Yeah, but that was when it's usually closed down for maintenance, right? Why does it need to shut down again?

Bioware Employee: Because!! This one ride is broken! Everyone out! We care about all of your concerns!

Visitor 3: But only a few people care about this ride. We'll go on other rides.

Visitor 2: Well, I care about this ride. No, I'd rather have them fix this now. The sooner the better. If you're upset or complaining, then you're a crybaby.

Visitor 1: But I thought I could spend the whole day at the park today!

Visitor 3: It's natural to be upset at such a short notice, but I understand if they need to fix something. Still, there's a LOT of people at this park--and a lot of them don't even know or care about this one ride. Can't you put it on the fix-it list for next Tuesday?

Bioware Employee: NO! We have an official schedule to fix things on a certain day! And yes, that was yesterday, but still! You can enjoy this park's two-hundred rides tomorrow, after we shut it down and fix this one ride! We must fix park breaking problems as they arise!!

Visitor 3: It's just one ride. The park as a whole is still operating pretty well--

Bioware Employee: SILENCE! We reserve the right to shut down everything on any other day we want!!

Visitor 1: But you just closed it down yesterday! This sucks! You suck!

Visitor 2: You're such a wuss, Visitor 1. Stop crying and get over it.

Bioware Employee: Thank you visitor 2. Your concerns are very important to us!

Visitor 3: Wait, hasn't this happened before?

Visitor 1: Yeah! You guys shut down this place multiple days in a row!

Bioware Employee: [Dialing] Hello, la Bioware parc à thème? Yes, that's right. That one ride--mm hmm. Shut it down, correct. Kick everyone out. Yes, we're doing it too. Shut everything down. Mm hmm, all at the same time. Merci!

Visitor 3: Well, I guess we'll try again tomorrow...

Visitor 2: Pfft, get a life you two.

Visitor 1: I hate you!

Bioware Employee: Yes... I can feel it... It gives you FOCUS... Makes you STRONGAH...!

Don't worry friend several of us linked the page for ya :D

I get off work late. I'm a bartender. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is on a weekly basis that the 4 prime time hours I have time in the day set aside to play this game are <b> CONSISTENTLY </b> taken over with downtime from patches, hotfixes etc.. The only reasonable excuse I personally can tolerate is weekly or "bi-weekly" maintenance.

I understand the game is new, WE ALL KNOW IT'S PLAGUED with recent UI changes that hopefully will be addressed in this or a new upcoming patch.. I can deal with patches. Here's the top 3 things I CAN'T DEAL WITH.

1. Multiple Prime-Time night hours on West Coast servers especially always down for patches etc.... 2AM CST is late for some but that's only 12AM on the West Coast.

2. The vagueness described in what is actually being patched into the game. BE OPEN, LISTEN. The patch on the 7th literally had a line that said "Safeguards implemented to address valor Exploit" ????? What kind , type, means of safeguard? Zone penalty? Spawn point? Kill trading? Ugh! I know if I dig into the forums somewhere I could find something .. somewhere... maybe.

3. We love Star Wars foremost, and we like this game or we wouldn't waste time posting here begging you to listen to a majority of very reasonable requests. i.e. Optional UI interface settings, ADI code for user made add-ons... every now and then you throw us a small piece of meat.. but we're not dogs in the backyard. We put the food on the f***ing table so we can all eat the feast. Act like it.

Love

The Galaxy

Doesn't anyone understand that they picked the downtime they did for a REASON? again, you fall in the category of people that DON'T MATTER as much as people who play during the hours NOT between 12am and 4 am PST. Why don't you matter as much? Because the group of people you're part of (those who can play ONLY between 12 am and 4 am PST) is VASTLY smaller than the group of people that DON'T EVER play between those times. Therefore, catering to you would be a TERRIBLY STUPID business strategy, the game would fail, and life, in general, would be miserable for a HUGE number of people, rather than a relatively tiny number of people. I bet that all the stores and businesses and banks should be open JUST FOR YOU because it easier JUST FOR YOU, despite the fact that they would take a HUGE LOSS and probably go bankrupt.. Oh, but that's ok, cause then you can just vote for people who will bail out the company, so you still get what you want, but then I have to pay for it.

Damn, people are dumb.

If were gonna say that then:-

Tabula Rasa and Auto Assault= GM and Chrysler :D

Its a sad fact that the BEST Cars made by Ford and GM are all made in Australia...

Aussie Ford and GM(Holden) are superb compared to the garbage the same companies put out in the US.

I actually miss Tabula Rasa, I had fun in that game even though it was only about 60% finished when it released. :(

Aww, they closed my Patch Night Theatre thread! Party poopers! Oh well. C'mon, someone at Bioware had to think it was funny.

Bioware Employee: Welcome everyone! Welcome to the Bioware theme park! Enjoy your stay at the most fun place in the galaxy!

<snip>

I don't know who you are or where you live, but I want to have your hilarious children.

Doesn't anyone understand that they picked the downtime they did for a REASON? again, you fall in the category of people that DON'T MATTER as much as people who play during the hours NOT between 12am and 4 am PST. Why don't you matter as much? Because the group of people you're part of (those who can play ONLY between 12 am and 4 am PST) is VASTLY smaller than the group of people that DON'T EVER play between those times. Therefore, catering to you would be a TERRIBLY STUPID business strategy, the game would fail, and life, in general, would be miserable for a HUGE number of people, rather than a relatively tiny number of people. I bet that all the stores and businesses and banks should be open JUST FOR YOU because it easier JUST FOR YOU, despite the fact that they would take a HUGE LOSS and probably go bankrupt.. Oh, but that's ok, cause then you can just vote for people who will bail out the company, so you still get what you want, but then I have to pay for it.

Damn, people are dumb.

I agree with you that people are dumb.. very.

...If you honestly think they don't know this is an inconvenience to us, if you honestly think that they don't know there needs to be a better way of doing this in the future, if you honestly think that anything your saying is teaching bioware anything they dont already know..........

If they know these things and they chose to go ahead with their stupid patch strategy anyway, it does not make them any more competent. It demonstrates their capacity and willingness to deliberately antagonize their players while happily taking money from their expectant customer base for no actual service or product deliverable.

In my understanding of such things, this kind of behavior is called fraud.

The response of players here makes it clear that this is exactly how they feel - like they're being ripped off.

So yes, we do need to teach Bioware a lesson. We dont like minor patches being implemented that take hours for no practical gain. We don't want long downtimes, and we don't like paying for a game that is unplayable. :mad:

Yeah, this is even worse than WoW forums with regards to entitlement syndrome, lack of understanding of coding processes, downright ignorance and willful stupidity. It's a new game guys.. Every other MMO I've played has these sorts of problems. ........................................

Idiots.

It's not entitlement syndrome and we are not the idiots here :eek:

Patching is fine, healthy even, maintenance is fine, healthy even. The timing and the fact that BW cannot seem to manage a patch or a maintenance without breaking something that requires a further patch, maintenance are the problems.

This is the worst history of any MMO I've played even surpassing WOW which in the first year was pretty bad.... but the downtimes were shorter and they learnt the art of hotfixing pretty fast. Biggest ongoing issue WOW had were with their login servers causing world crashes. And WOW also gave free play days for the time lost.

The timing is apalling for customers outside a certain US timezone and BW's arrogance and lack of response regarding this shows how they value their customer base and it's opinions.

These UI changes were and have been awful.... yet they have a test server. Test server = test stuff which idiot doesn't understand that :eek: The problem is they're rushing if not they'd test properly.

MMO's are a 24 hour a day 7 day a week business and when you're asking ppl to pay you have an obligation don't like that idea then use the FTP model, charge for purple lightsabers, fluffy pets, a change of hair colour, legacy name change, costumes et al and then do what the hell you like - customers can't argue then.

Damn, people are dumb.

walmart,mcdonalds,7-eleven,gas stations,truck stops etc all would like to have a word with you....

I am sick of it. I am paying money and I can't play. Every time I do, down time. Two times this week I have tried, both times I have been unable.

I think we need to start getting notifications of uptime.

"Tomorrow, the servers will be available between 1pm and 4pm CST. After that, there will be more patches until the day after."

I will not be renewing my subscription until this gets sorted out. It is beyond ridiculous.

+1 for credit.

I find it hilarrious when people complain about the downtime. Of course they are rolling out patches left, right, and center. The game is still rather new. You can't make an mmo with out a whole lot of bugs. I can only imagine the ones complaining about the downtime have never played a game this close to when it was launched. Guess what, THIS IS COMMON!

THIS IS NOT COMMON! No other MMO has ever taken down their servers to apply one fix to such a trivial issue. When they take their servers down, they apply a multitude of fixes all at once. I'm reasonably sure that if the patch notes included more than,

Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

Less people would have a problem with it. We all want the game to improve, we do after all have a vested interest. But please BW, save the emergency patch until you have more than just one item to implement.

Damn, people are dumb.

Just to point out, there's a huge difference between "catering" and either fairness or even basic consideration. I don't think anyone annoyed wants BW to cater to our hours. But maybe something other than tough ****, you don't get to play would be cool.

THIS IS NOT COMMON! No other MMO has ever taken down their servers to apply one fix to such a trivial issue. When they take their servers down, they apply a multitude of fixes all at once. I'm reasonably sure that if the patch notes included more than,

Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

Less people would have a problem with it. We all want the game to improve, we do after all have a vested interest. But please BW, save the emergency patch until you have more than just one item to implement.

Don't feed the trolls.

some people like you will NEVER be happy.

Bioware has NEVER done an mmo before, ever.

No wonder the economy going belly up with this "they never did it bfr "attitude therefor its ok

IT"S not OK to be bad at your Job.

People *like you* have no concept of what it's like to play a game right after launch, they could have had this game in beta testing for YEARS and it wouldn't have helped much more than it did.

10 hours maintenance per 48 hours on a commercial product isn't ok . Unless yu in the public sector.

Only after a game goes live can they really stress test their game, instead of lets say 1,000 beta testers and I'm low balling it by a great amount. Once the game is live they have over a million people doing quests, crafting, Flash points, etc and THAT is when they see where the problems are.

You are missing the point , we are talking about a 4 hour patch to patch a day old 6 hour deployment.. that is incompetence and we should be compensated as customers for the bad outcome .

Let's be honest here this game will not be fully polished for about another month maybe two based on how quickly they're addressing things. I'm a patient man and don't care, if I come across something that's broken I report it and move on I don't whine like a child that lost it's toy.

again, its not about normal bugs and fixes

Now WoW pre launch or after Burning Crusade was launched, that was brutal. They actually had to offer game time to compensate it was down so much .

Never played WOW don't care for it but when yu stuff up as a company yu offer reparation to your customer base, it is good business practice

:rolleyes:

its a commercial product not a cutting edge research.

10 hours dowtime in a 48 hour period?

I happy that yu happy]

stay on prozac

I am sick of it. I am paying money and I can't play. Every time I do, down time. Two times this week I have tried, both times I have been unable.

I think we need to start getting notifications of uptime.

"Tomorrow, the servers will be available between 1pm and 4pm CST. After that, there will be more patches until the day after."

I will not be renewing my subscription until this gets sorted out. It is beyond ridiculous.

+1 for credit.

I'm in the same boat and thinking the same thing. To think I almost bought a 90-dayer.