Another DOWNTIME tonight

daMarek

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, you want a REFUND?! LOL, you pay.... 15$ a month/30 days = .50 cents a day / 24 hours = 2 cents an hour. LOL. Here's a dollar, now shut your mouth for the next 48 hours of downtime.

You are very correct.

Except that I have lost a full day's access each time they have down time.

It's not about the money, its about the EFFING game being available.

Jebus, I don't believe I am going to suggest this...but I would create an EFFING alt on a different realm if one was still available! I would resort to that IF I COULD PLAY.

Regardless, I am not renewing.

The whole concept is fantastic. You have to pay to acquire the game. Then you have to pay to play the game over a 30 day period. And you can't even play it then, because the design is obviously bad, the coders must be bad, the commenting must be bad, and then the testing is bad!

Blizzard must be pissing themselves...

The PTS should be UP during maintenance periods, those interrupted during patches would probably play on the PTS more and maybe more of these bugs would be discovered before rolling into production.

Yup, I agree. I would play on the PTS during downtimes.

You are very correct.

Except that I have lost a full day's access each time they have down time.

It's not about the money, its about the EFFING game being available.

Jebus, I don't believe I am going to suggest this...but I would create an EFFING alt on a different realm if one was still available! I would resort to that IF I COULD PLAY.

Regardless, I am not renewing.

The whole concept is fantastic. You have to pay to acquire the game. Then you have to pay to play the game over a 30 day period. And you can't even play it then, because the design is obviously bad, the coders must be bad, the commenting must be bad, and then the testing is bad!

Blizzard must be pissing themselves...

Tell your internet/cable company to give you a refund everytime there's a downtime. Or your cell phone company to give you a refund everytime you get no service.

Edited by iheartnyc

you only choose to play four hours, 'can' and 'cant' are big words. You obviously have NO UNDERSTANDING of logic if you don't even grasp basic meanings of words. Sleep at a different time, get a different job, play a different game..... crazy i know, but u ARE the master of your own destiny, despite how terrifying that is for the rest of us.

You troll.

Even this would not work. Unless I was a bludger. What do you do for a living, if anything?

I'd rather a whole day were down each week if it meant the other 6 were playable. So far, unless you have no life or live in the US, it's been very difficult to get some reasonable hours in.

i would like this aswell. this would be the best. any minor bug tickets could be replied with yes, we are aware, we have a code ready to impliment on the maintenance day, please be patient and it will be delt with in X days along with many other bugs we are aware of..

thank you.

i would not be angry at all if this was the way they ran things.

if it was a REALLY big problem then yes, write a code up to fix it, when the codes ready and tested and works, drop the servers, implement the code and fire them back up.. ( yes i dont know what it takes, but it dosnt seem to be a problem for other mmo's to do this)

Just wondering how soon a BIOWARE employee comes along and POLITELY closes this thread.

Only reason im still sticking around.

Curiosity.

i had to come ot this thread cause the one i was on b4 was shut down, and we were linked ot come here... so u can safly go to bed now :p

pls i cant read it anymore.I live in EU and i play 2-4h (6-7h sometimes) every day i didnt lost even one day since i started to play tor and its usually betwen 4pm-11pm.

its 9am - 1pm in EU and every normal person in here dont have time for games at this time becouse they are working or in school.

So if your angry that you cant play you probably are unemployed or addicted to gaming and that is just sad.

Every maintenance in EU ends before 4pm and thats when 99% of people get home and im just sick to hear all this whining about EU time interrupting gaming times in EU.

And yes there was one saturday morning maintenance and it was bad for me too but if you dont have anything to do exept playing tor on saturday morning its your problem.

And i posted it in 3 threads cos im just sick of all this whining and i post at forums once a year only in a state of emergency.

Just Bioware dicken the Aussies again hey....Just keep the American player population happy. They are more important :eek:

true that mate.. cause its not 7pm here or anything and (most) people have finnished their 9-5 job and wanna play ( who actually play) or like me am on annual leave, and got fk all play time :p

pls i cant read it anymore.I live in EU and i play 2-4h (6-7h sometimes) every day i didnt lost even one day since i started to play tor and its usually betwen 4pm-11pm.

its 9am - 1pm in EU and every normal person in here dont have time for games at this time becouse they are working or in school.

So if your angry that you cant play you probably are unemployed or addicted to gaming and that is just sad.

Every maintenance in EU ends before 4pm and thats when 99% of people get home and im just sick to hear all this whining about EU time interrupting gaming times in EU.

And yes there was one saturday morning maintenance and it was bad for me too but if you dont have anything to do exept playing tor on saturday morning its your problem.

And i posted it in 3 threads cos im just sick of all this whining and i post at forums once a year only in a state of emergency.

I live in Hawaii. It's 11:43 PM here at this very moment. Most server maint happens right smack at the beginning of my normal game time (late evening, early morning Maui time).

Not so terrible once a week. Not quite so nice... 3-4 times a week.

~S

I still don't understand why it takes hours for such a small bugfix? Other mmos did this on the fly, no serverdowntime, just DL a patch and be done with it. Ridiculous.

1) They have to update all the servers.

2) "small bugfixes" generally need days to be actually fixed and tested. A lot of the time something small might get away despite the testing and then you need to release a new patch to fix that.

People complaining about patches adding bugs have not worked as programmers so they do not know complicated bugfixes are. Which is completely understandable.

Seriously! Even Aion with its client crashing pvp wasn't patched this much. I am usually a late night player and too and here I am yet again unable to play. And that Bull about fairness to everyone by not letting some people see content before others, yeah I work in IT and if I could I'd do all my server maintenance from midnight to 4am my time no matter where my client was. Those lazy *******eys are doing it when its best for them. and then this Patch day every other fricking day has Got to end. Just because you are STARWARS don't mean people won't drop this game like Megan Fox got dropped out of the last Transformer Movie.

*yellow card* below the belt :p

1) They have to update all the servers.

2) "small bugfixes" generally need days to be actually fixed and tested. A lot of the time something small might get away despite the testing and then you need to release a new patch to fix that.

People complaining about patches adding bugs have not worked as programmers so they do not know complicated bugfixes are. Which is completely understandable.

*looks over at my library on C, C+, C++, C#, Python and COBOL and the diploma's on my wall...*

I have a clue. Still bothers me.

Loving this virtual uprising!

~~OCCUPY BIOWARE!!!~~

:mad:

Really? Occupy Bioware??

Completely F'ing inane, just like the *******es involved with Occupy Wallstreet.

What are you part of the 99% who don't understand gaming, programming, computer systems in general going to rise up against the 1% who understand what is going on. Yay for you and your UPRISING!

*squish* Ooops I think I stepped on you. So sorry!