Another DOWNTIME tonight

daMarek

What a lot of these fanboys and trolls here do not realize, is that WE (the people who are upset against patches every other day), play the game like everybody else, suffer through whatever bugs and problems the game currently has, like everybody else, and also feel the same about it needing to be fixed. What would be more appreciated more by most players, is if maintenance could somehow, instead of being during random days of the week, all be on one patch day.

Yes- We understand there are people who can play all day, and at anytime they feel like it and not have to worry about coming home from school and/or work and are able to play an hour if not 2 hours a day. AND there are also people who have the luxury of being able to play at any time and STILL complain about not being able to play for the 4 hours or so when a patch hits.

However, we are not that.

Yes- We understand time zones are different, there will always be people who will be suffering from patches at any part of the world during their inconvenient playing hours.

However, being the West Coast is the most heavy area in players, we feel that instead of say, pulling the plug at 10pm our time, you could push it back at least 2 hours, so that the late night gamers don't have a 16yo's curfew, and can have a couple more hours to their playing time.

Yes- We want things in this game fixed, we want the game to improve, we want little ant sized bugs to be fixed immediately, "it can't be fixed during the patch day! Must be now!".

However, is it completely necessary to have these patches this often? As said before, what game destroying bugs and issues was and or still is facing that is currently being fixed with this current patch?

No- It is not selfish to want to play when we are able to-and not wanting to have the patch occur that is causing us inconvenience. It is selfish on your part to expect Bioware to fix every bug you complain about immediately.

Just a though, really. Not trying to hold up a sign with the big words 'COME AT ME'. I am for peace and enjoyment to all who play this game. After all, it is ONLY a game. And we all share one purpose, to have fun. Though there are things that Bioware can do to help majority of the people out, we still appreciate all the work they do to improve their game and doing it as soon as possible.

WALL OF TEKST CRITS YOU FOR 9000!!111oneoen

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one tiny, small fix and 4 hours? ****, after start of Rift, Trion always spent about 20-30 minuts of downtime for small fixes like this one. Seriously, I have no idea what they doing so long with one small even smallest fix.

I covered this a few pages back. It involves farting and cheetos.

Enough Whinging! Europeans ..... Australians are always off the air at 7pm. And its been always been patched at 2am CST (7pm Syd,Melb, Tas time).

Am only slightly annoyed. Meh ... whatever, down again ... i think its time for ... Ice Cream ... and .... something ...

Thanks BW you are making me fat.

If there is any actual BW Customer Service Reps that actually read these forums, I'd REALLY like for you guys to respond to this thread and prove you care about your clients!

I would like to know the justification you guys came up with for having this patch and how respond to how your clients feel about this interruption to our game access. I read the post that was given on why, how the choice is made when these "updates" are to be made during the non-scheduled server downtime. It would be nice and I'm sure I'm not the only person on this thread that would just like to hear a reason to calm our anger. Because if we do matter, then I'm sure SOMEONE will at least hop on here and give a little speech to calm our nerves.

I think it would only be fair to know your keeping with your word that you guys watching the forums and that "this is our game" and it will be player driven. Keep to your word and I can't complain.

really man? I've been playing MMOS since Ultima Online. I've played EQ, EQ2, WOW, FF11, Anarchy Online, DAOC, LOTR and a bunch of others that you might not know about at all, and I can guarantee you without fail, that every single one of them, for the first several months after launch, had problems at least as bad, if not worse, than this. I'm not just comparing this to some crappy little free mmo, All the big hitters have problems. OH NO a patch. Really? come on guys, get real.

Yes the mentioned titles above had to patch a lot during their first months, however, they DID NOT take down servers to issue a single fix... When they brought the servers down, their dev team had 8+ (anecdotal, but it was a helluva lot more than 1 fix) fixes to apply.. I don't mind patches / downtime, but i have a hard time swallowing such a large impact for such a little reward. (by little, i do not mean the effort put in to code/apply this fix, I mean little by only having 1 item to implement) As stated by myself and various others, a stupid valor issue in Ilum (which is not gamebreaking) is hardly a reason to impact a large amount of paying customers. This one fix simply could have waited until a.) they added 5-6 more fixes, then emergency patch, or b.) tuesday

I covered this a few pages back. It involves farting and cheetos.

Yes i read that, quite entertaining and possibly true.

But i've yet to see them complete their update on the servers BEFORE appointed time.

Rather i've seen downtime extended and then extended again.

I would be genuinely surprised if your prediction strikes true.

Enough Whinging! Europeans ..... Australians are always off the air at 7pm. And its been always been patched at 2am CST (7pm Syd,Melb, Tas time).

Am only slightly annoyed. Meh ... whatever, down again ... i think its time for ... Ice Cream ... and .... something ...

Thanks BW you are making me fat.

It's not about timezones, it's about people who don't have all the time in the world to play. AU, EU, US, there's plenty of people that don't actually have much time to play and when they do they can't.

However, we are not that.

Yes- We understand time zones are different, there will always be people who will be suffering from patches at any part of the world during their inconvenient playing hours.

However, being the West Coast is the most heavy area in players, we feel that instead of say, pulling the plug at 10pm our time, you could push it back at least 2 hours, so that the late night gamers don't have a 16yo's curfew, and can have a couple more hours to their playing time.

NO NO NO if anything move it back 4 hours not fowards. Hell forwards mean they start patching around NOON. What we want is SEPERATE MAINTENANCE TIMES.

It can be done, it is easy to do, it is the logical things to do, it is the best thing to do, and your CUSTOMERS want it.

So just go do it.

Europe is verry close, if not beating US in total amount of players so west coast by itself will be less the europe in total. Not that i want downtime to screw you guys over i want not to be scewed over myself.

Sick of Ninja-patches!

I need to get my ************ in tooo!!! It was damn hard to get to the end of this thread with 30 ppl posting a minute, lol. It feels good to know I am not alone in my outrage.

I think it's great that Bioware is trying to fix things. I am not so sure they have their priorities all that straight on what to fix first, and how mission critical it is, but...

My issue is mainly the lead time in letting us *know* about when the servers will be shutting down. Several hours prior to the patch the same day as the patch is just not acceptable!! Lots of people play these games who *work* and have real, responsible jobs, and our free time is precious to us. We plan to be playing on certain nights at certain times and hence don;t make other plans we could have.

I also, with the rest of you, don't get why most of these ninja-patches that seem to fix one seemingly-small issue can't wait for the weekly patch we suffer every Tuesday.

OK, I am annoyed and feel better for having vented.

Corndog please!!!!

Oh, and wanted to express my empathy to the Europeans who had to deal with an outrageous shut-down on that Saturday in the middle of the day a few weeks ago. I was pretty pissed off myself that it was on a Friday night here in the US and I planned to stay home like a lamer and play SWTOR that night instead of making plans with friends /sigh

Maybe I just need to get a life. If we all decide to do that, Biowares, you will be out some big cash, so please keep us l00ser MMORPGers happy and addicted to your pixelated crack! :eek: Give plenty of notice on downtimes or just wait for the weekly patch time, please!

Your corndog is being placed somewhere personal by Bioware

and i want my pixelcrack too !!!!

I find it hilarrious when people complain about the downtime. Of course they are rolling out patches left, right, and center. The game is still rather new. You can't make an mmo with out a whole lot of bugs. I can only imagine the ones complaining about the downtime have never played a game this close to when it was launched. Guess what, THIS IS COMMON!

Aww, they closed my Patch Night Theatre thread! Party poopers! Oh well. C'mon, someone at Bioware had to think it was funny.

------------------

Bioware Employee: Welcome everyone! Welcome to the Bioware theme park! Enjoy your stay at the most fun place in the galaxy!

Visitor 1: Wow, this is great!

Visitor 2: Meh, I've been to better places.

Visitor 3: This is fun. A little rough, but it's still fun.

Bioware Employee: I assure everyone that Bioware is doing all that it can to quickly iron any possible problems and shortcomings. We all very much care for your concerns!

Visitor 2: One of your rides is broken.

Visitor 1: Oh what? That sucks!

Visitor 3: Shoot. Well, I guess I'll go on another ride. That one looks fun--

Bioware Employee: What?? It's broken! Quick! Everyone has to evacuate the park immediately! Code red!

Visitor 1: What? For how long?

Bioware Employee: Oh not that long, well, maybe about about a quarter of the work day.

Visitor 2: Ehh, that's fine. I'll go do something else.

Visitor 1: Aww! Didn't this park close down yesterday?

Visitor 3: Yeah, but that was when it's usually closed down for maintenance, right? Why does it need to shut down again?

Bioware Employee: Because!! This one ride is broken! Everyone out! We care about all of your concerns!

Visitor 3: But only a few people care about this ride. We'll go on other rides.

Visitor 2: Well, I care about this ride. No, I'd rather have them fix this now. The sooner the better. If you're upset or complaining, then you're a crybaby.

Visitor 1: But I thought I could spend the whole day at the park today!

Visitor 3: It's natural to be upset at such a short notice, but I understand if they need to fix something. Still, there's a LOT of people at this park--and a lot of them don't even know or care about this one ride. Can't you put it on the fix-it list for next Tuesday?

Bioware Employee: NO! We have an official schedule to fix things on a certain day! And yes, that was yesterday, but still! You can enjoy this park's two-hundred rides tomorrow, after we shut it down and fix this one ride! We must fix park breaking problems as they arise!!

Visitor 3: It's just one ride. The park as a whole is still operating pretty well--

Bioware Employee: SILENCE! We reserve the right to shut down everything on any other day we want!!

Visitor 1: But you just closed it down yesterday! This sucks! You suck!

Visitor 2: You're such a wuss, Visitor 1. Stop crying and get over it.

Bioware Employee: Thank you visitor 2. Your concerns are very important to us!

Visitor 3: Wait, hasn't this happened before?

Visitor 1: Yeah! You guys shut down this place multiple days in a row!

Bioware Employee: [Dialing] Hello, la Bioware parc à thème? Yes, that's right. That one ride--mm hmm. Shut it down, correct. Kick everyone out. Yes, we're doing it too. Shut everything down. Mm hmm, all at the same time. Merci!

Visitor 3: Well, I guess we'll try again tomorrow...

Visitor 2: Pfft, get a life you two.

Visitor 1: I hate you!

Bioware Employee: Yes... I can feel it... It gives you FOCUS... Makes you STRONGAH...!

Edited by Savarous

I love how people QQ the game is broken, then when they do try fix it they QQ more. Granted the patch is a fix from the last patch, but at least they are trying to stay on top of it. If you think you can do better, stop playing and go make your own MMO.

I'm a software engineer that works on defense programs. I know what it's like to have "patches" that are required to be stable. :p

I think everyone would appreciate a prorated refund for this unscheduled "scheduled" maintenance, it would make me feel like I'm not being ripped a new one. A few bucks back in my wallet every time Bioware can't fulfill their end of the bargain. Once a week is perfectly acceptable, **** happens, pick a day to fix it. The rest of the week is my time. I think if we were to add up how much I'm being ripped off, and how much your being ripped off, etc. Bioware might understand. How many players in this game, cause 1 night cost me about $.50, times 4 weeks, thats $2.00 I'm being shorted a month. So yeah how many people play this game? o look google answers something about a million, not reading that, ok so 2 million dollars a month?

That was an article saying 1 million users signed up in 2 weeks... Bioware, your about to go bankrupt after this post lol

Edited by StarFrolic

Should maybe grant time cards or some sort in game rewards for playing on the PTR and focus on certain content some weeks, testing SoA fight this week? you can create a 50 in full tionese/columni that week or something to test the new version of the fight tsss

The PTS should be UP during maintenance periods, those interrupted during patches would probably play on the PTS more and maybe more of these bugs would be discovered before rolling into production.

It's not about timezones, it's about people who don't have all the time in the world to play. AU, EU, US, there's plenty of people that don't actually have much time to play and when they do they can't.

This x100

I find it hilarrious when people complain about the downtime. Of course they are rolling out patches left, right, and center. The game is still rather new. You can't make an mmo with out a whole lot of bugs. I can only imagine the ones complaining about the downtime have never played a game this close to when it was launched. Guess what, THIS IS COMMON!

Spoken like someone with little MMO launch experience and also no life. I bet you get plenty of hours in despite the regular downtime.

I understand the game is new, WE ALL KNOW IT'S PLAGUED with recent UI changes that hopefully will be addressed in this or a new upcoming patch.. I can deal with patches. Here's the top 3 things I CAN'T DEAL WITH.

1. Multiple Prime-Time night hours on West Coast servers especially always down for patches etc.... 2AM CST is late for some but that's only 12AM on the West Coast.

2. The vagueness described in what is actually being patched into the game. BE OPEN, LISTEN. The patch on the 7th literally had a line that said "Safeguards implemented to address valor Exploit" ????? What kind , type, means of safeguard? Zone penalty? Spawn point? Kill trading? Ugh! I know if I dig into the forums somewhere I could find something .. somewhere... maybe.

3. We love Star Wars foremost, and we like this game or we wouldn't waste time posting here begging you to listen to a majority of very reasonable requests. i.e. Optional UI interface settings, ADI code for user made add-ons... every now and then you throw us a small piece of meat.. but we're not dogs in the backyard. We put the food on the f***ing table so we can all eat the feast. Act like it.