Another DOWNTIME tonight

daMarek

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't anyone understand that they picked the downtime they did for a REASON? again, you fall in the category of people that DON'T MATTER as much as people who play during the hours NOT between 12am and 4 am PST. Why don't you matter as much? Because the group of people you're part of (those who can play ONLY between 12 am and 4 am PST) is VASTLY smaller than the group of people that DON'T EVER play between those times. Therefore, catering to you would be a TERRIBLY STUPID business strategy, the game would fail, and life, in general, would be miserable for a HUGE number of people, rather than a relatively tiny number of people. I bet that all the stores and businesses and banks should be open JUST FOR YOU because it easier JUST FOR YOU, despite the fact that they would take a HUGE LOSS and probably go bankrupt.. Oh, but that's ok, cause then you can just vote for people who will bail out the company, so you still get what you want, but then I have to pay for it.

Damn, people are dumb.

People are paying. People have jobs. If I'm paying for a 24/7 online service and 3 nights out of the week I'm unable to play while people *like you* twiddle your thumbs and wait patiently and amazingly optimistic even with the TERRIBLE TRACK RECORD of patches ermgency hotfixes, emergency patches etc.... People *like you* are focusing on the business decision, which by all counts makes sense they do it in the early hours. But wouldn't it make more sense to deliberately stagger West Coast Servers or :gasp: stay up until the wee hours of 4-5.am? a 4 hour patch would have the game down until 12pm EST time - and then people *like you* will come rallying the warcry.

I understand the game is new, WE ALL KNOW IT'S PLAGUED with recent UI changes that hopefully will be addressed in this or a new upcoming patch.. I can deal with patches. Here's the top 3 things I CAN'T DEAL WITH.

1. Multiple Prime-Time night hours on West Coast servers especially always down for patches etc.... 2AM CST is late for some but that's only 12AM on the West Coast.

2. The vagueness described in what is actually being patched into the game. BE OPEN, LISTEN. The patch on the 7th literally had a line that said "Safeguards implemented to address valor Exploit" ????? What kind , type, means of safeguard? Zone penalty? Spawn point? Kill trading? Ugh! I know if I dig into the forums somewhere I could find something .. somewhere... maybe.

3. We love Star Wars foremost, and we like this game or we wouldn't waste time posting here begging you to listen to a majority of very reasonable requests. i.e. Optional UI interface settings, ADI code for user made add-ons... every now and then you throw us a small piece of meat.. but we're not dogs in the backyard. We put the food on the f***ing table so we can all eat the feast. Act like it.

It's not entitlement syndrome and we are not the idiots here :eek:

Patching is fine, healthy even, maintenance is fine, healthy even. The timing and the fact that BW cannot seem to manage a patch or a maintenance without breaking something that requires a further patch, maintenance are the problems.

This is the worst history of any MMO I've played even surpassing WOW which in the first year was pretty bad.... but the downtimes were shorter and they learnt the art of hotfixing pretty fast. Biggest ongoing issue WOW had were with their login servers causing world crashes. And WOW also gave free play days for the time lost.

The timing is apalling for customers outside a certain US timezone and BW's arrogance and lack of response regarding this shows how they value their customer base and it's opinions.

These UI changes were and have been awful.... yet they have a test server. Test server = test stuff which idiot doesn't understand that :eek: The problem is they're rushing if not they'd test properly.

MMO's are a 24 hour a day 7 day a week business and when you're asking ppl to pay you have an obligation don't like that idea then use the FTP model, charge for purple lightsabers, fluffy pets, a change of hair colour, legacy name change, costumes et al and then do what the hell you like - customers can't argue then.

Apparently you don't remember the 14 hour + downtimes in WoW. this makes me think you're full of crap and the ONLY MMO you played was WoW, and never during server upgrades, or the launch at all, because you're either lying, or stupid, or probably both. You're one of the same people who call me at work asking for a refund for their 2 minute phone conversation that was dropped. I tell them "No problem, here's your 3 cent refund." They could have found 10 times that in the bottom of their couch in the time it took to call and ***** about it. Crazy, that sounds familiar.

I don't really care since i don't play at those hours but many people do and they should definitely test their patches better.

still what i find kinda funny is a 4 hours downtime to change only this :

seriously THAT takes 4 hours lol

I had to kick you in the teeth for this...it took 1 hour and 22 minutes for this patch. they say up to four hours. this for unforeseen **** that can come up.

"Killing players on Ilum will now consistently grant Valor and mission credit as intended." - I am still grinding my toon to level 50...I haven't even got that far in the game to care about Ilum! Who cares about the patch....put in the normal weekly server maintenance.

LOL, you want a REFUND?! LOL, you pay.... 15$ a month/30 days = .50 cents a day / 24 hours = 2 cents an hour. LOL. Here's a dollar, now shut your mouth for the next 48 hours of downtime.

Damn man, this forum is not helping my hope for mankind.

You sir make mankind look terrible. If you can only play 4 hours an evening and there is a patch over that time 3 evenings a week... then you are losing out on alot of what you are paying for. Dont be daft kid. Use some logic.

What the heck is up with the US people complaining here? At least it's well planned downtime for you guys, during the wee hours of the night. In Europe it's from around 9am to 1pm :S BW, why can't you patch servers in different timezones at... different times?

I agree with this again, again and again. For weeks now we have had twice weekly 4 hour plus downtimes and for some that amounts to a whole day subscription effectively wasted.

BW has promised that they are considering the outage issue and I think it is about time they gave us an answer. I, like many in Europe have put their subs on hold until BW does respond to this matter. I think I have 10 or so days left before my break from TOR starts, please hurry up BW

You sir make mankind look terrible. If you can only play 4 hours an evening and there is a patch over that time 3 evenings a week... then you are losing out on alot of what you are paying for. Dont be daft kid. Use some logic.

you only choose to play four hours, 'can' and 'cant' are big words. You obviously have NO UNDERSTANDING of logic if you don't even grasp basic meanings of words. Sleep at a different time, get a different job, play a different game..... crazy i know, but u ARE the master of your own destiny, despite how terrifying that is for the rest of us.

Aww, they closed my Patch Night Theatre thread! Party poopers! Oh well. C'mon, someone at Bioware had to think it was funny.

------------------

Bioware Employee: Welcome everyone! Welcome to the Bioware theme park! Enjoy your stay at the most fun place in the galaxy!

Visitor 1: Wow, this is great!

Visitor 2: Meh, I've been to better places.

Visitor 3: This is fun. A little rough, but it's still fun.

Bioware Employee: I assure everyone that Bioware is doing all that it can to quickly iron any possible problems and shortcomings. We all very much care for your concerns!

Visitor 2: One of your rides is broken.

Visitor 1: Oh what? That sucks!

Visitor 3: Shoot. Well, I guess I'll go on another ride. That one looks fun--

Bioware Employee: What?? It's broken! Quick! Everyone has to evacuate the park immediately! Code red!

Visitor 1: What? For how long?

Bioware Employee: Oh not that long, well, maybe about about a quarter of the work day.

Visitor 2: Ehh, that's fine. I'll go do something else.

Visitor 1: Aww! Didn't this park close down yesterday?

Visitor 3: Yeah, but that was when it's usually closed down for maintenance, right? Why does it need to shut down again?

Bioware Employee: Because!! This one ride is broken! Everyone out! We care about all of your concerns!

Visitor 3: But only a few people care about this ride. We'll go on other rides.

Visitor 2: Well, I care about this ride. No, I'd rather have them fix this now. The sooner the better. If you're upset or complaining, then you're a crybaby.

Visitor 1: But I thought I could spend the whole day at the park today!

Visitor 3: It's natural to be upset at such a short notice, but I understand if they need to fix something. Still, there's a LOT of people at this park--and a lot of them don't even know or care about this one ride. Can't you put it on the fix-it list for next Tuesday?

Bioware Employee: NO! We have an official schedule to fix things on a certain day! And yes, that was yesterday, but still! You can enjoy this park's two-hundred rides tomorrow, after we shut it down and fix this one ride! We must fix park breaking problems as they arise!!

Visitor 3: It's just one ride. The park as a whole is still operating pretty well--

Bioware Employee: SILENCE! We reserve the right to shut down everything on any other day we want!!

Visitor 1: But you just closed it down yesterday! This sucks! You suck!

Visitor 2: You're such a wuss, Visitor 1. Stop crying and get over it.

Bioware Employee: Thank you visitor 2. Your concerns are very important to us!

Visitor 3: Wait, hasn't this happened before?

Visitor 1: Yeah! You guys shut down this place multiple days in a row!

Bioware Employee: [Dialing] Hello, la Bioware parc à thème? Yes, that's right. That one ride--mm hmm. Shut it down, correct. Kick everyone out. Yes, we're doing it too. Shut everything down. Mm hmm, all at the same time. Merci!

Visitor 3: Well, I guess we'll try again tomorrow...

Visitor 2: Pfft, get a life you two.

Visitor 1: I hate you!

Bioware Employee: Yes... I can feel it... It gives you FOCUS... Makes you STRONGAH...!

I saw this earlier in a different thread and did think it was funny.

Add me to the list x2 for frustrating maintenance times.

Second shift worker husband and wife team and a good chunk of our 30 days has been down time =/ least i got to pay 120 dollars for it >.< what happened to maintenance times being later like 4am or so? This is first mmo that's down during my play time that i have played =/

you only choose to play four hours, 'can' and 'cant' are big words. You obviously have NO UNDERSTANDING of logic if you don't even grasp basic meanings of words. Sleep at a different time, get a different job, play a different game..... crazy i know, but u ARE the master of your own destiny, despite how terrifying that is for the rest of us.

i want to say things to you that would probably get me in trouble