Another DOWNTIME tonight

daMarek

Indeed and the same guys crying about the patch are whining for improvements to the game. Can't have one without the other.

Once a week patching? Fine. I dont give a damn about the bugs. Who cares if they exist then when you cant frikking play anyway.

Edited by _TrasH_

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, they closed my Patch Night Theatre thread! Party poopers! Oh well. C'mon, someone at Bioware had to think it was funny.

This thread was one of the reasons why I still visit public forums. One tiny thread that just makes you smile.

I thought it was sarcastic, the moderator thought it was insulting. Whatever. :(

Edited by GHeissi

Wow... just wow... They changed the patch times to make it less annoying to the EU customers, and OH NOEZ! "I was gonna play tonight maybe" *sniff* *sniff*. I wonder which countries would be bombed right now if the patch times happened during the day in the Entitled States of America.

Get some freaking perspective.

You're not very bright are you? There are plenty of EU posters in this thread saying how inconvenient these downtimes are for them too.

It's not just US players.

Just to point out, there's a huge difference between "catering" and either fairness or even basic consideration. I don't think anyone annoyed wants BW to cater to our hours. But maybe something other than tough ****, you don't get to play would be cool.

Ah,but the thing is,if you offer your product 24/7,you are damn well expected (and rightly so ) to cater to your customers in all 24/7.

If they want to make the game unavailable to play late at night,fine shut down the servers each night at midnight est and put a disclaimer on the box stating the game is only available to play 16/7 so people in off hour markets know to pass on the game.

guys guys come on they didnt give us the founder title for nothing:)

I couldn't retrieve mine. I signed on a month after the site was created (some many years ago).

But I had to make a new account when I made my toon. Couldn't log in, couldn't retrieve password, couldn't keep my preferred username.

I think everyone would appreciate a prorated refund for this unscheduled "scheduled" maintenance, it would make me feel like I'm not being ripped a new one. A few bucks back in my wallet every time Bioware can't fulfill their end of the bargain. Once a week is perfectly acceptable, **** happens, pick a day to fix it. The rest of the week is my time. I think if we were to add up how much I'm being ripped off, and how much your being ripped off, etc. Bioware might understand. How many players in this game, cause 1 night cost me about $.50, times 4 weeks, thats $2.00 I'm being shorted a month. So yeah how many people play this game? o look google answers something about a million, not reading that, ok so 2 million dollars a month?

That was an article saying 1 million users signed up in 2 weeks... Bioware, your about to go bankrupt after this post lol

LOL, you want a REFUND?! LOL, you pay.... 15$ a month/30 days = .50 cents a day / 24 hours = 2 cents an hour. LOL. Here's a dollar, now shut your mouth for the next 48 hours of downtime.

Oh wait, you WON'T shut your mouth, cause you're another one who can't think of anything but how the world is screwing them, and that they should fix it no matter how ridiculous your requests are, or how terrible your judgement/intellect/sense of entitlement is.

Damn man, this forum is not helping my hope for mankind.

This thread was one of the reasons why I still visit public forums. One tiny thread that just makes you smile.

I thought it was sarcastic, the moderator thought it was insulting. Whatever. :(

Lol I love people that can make me lol realtime;)

Well being an Aussie the downtime happens exactly when is my window of play time. But I'm fine with that for 3 reasons:

1. The game isn't officially released in Australia yet so they don't have any obligation yet to accommodate our play schedules

2. They are doing it to improve the game which is great. It's better than releasing the game as is and ignoring it after that.

3. It gives me a reason to do something else like go out, or go for a run or a walk or read a book etc...

So all in all down time is a good thing. It's annoying when it happens but it is a better game for it.

I couldn't retrieve mine. I signed on a month after the site was created (some many years ago).

But I had to make a new account when I made my toon. Couldn't log in, couldn't retrieve password, couldn't keep my preferred username.

You will get it when your free month is up

LOL, you want a REFUND?! LOL, you pay.... 15$ a month/30 days = .50 cents a day / 24 hours = 2 cents an hour. LOL. Here's a dollar, now shut your mouth for the next 48 hours of downtime.

Oh wait, you WON'T shut your mouth, cause you're another one who can't think of anything but how the world is screwing them, and that they should fix it no matter how ridiculous your requests are, or how terrible your judgement/intellect/sense of entitlement is.

Damn man, this forum is not helping my hope for mankind.

Did u give him his dollar? or are you just another troll?

You are correct. We had to pay for it.

Does anyone actually run around SPORTING the founder title? I thought it was rather silly cause like we ALL are founders.. who would we be showing off to exactly?

And is the title worth not playing?

Ah,but the thing is,if you offer your product 24/7,you are damn well expected (and rightly so ) to cater to your customers in all 24/7.

If they want to make the game unavailable to play late at night,fine shut down the servers each night at midnight est and put a disclaimer on the box stating the game is only available to play 16/7 so people in off hour markets know to pass on the game.

Well, there's something to be said for spending > 100 MILLION dollars developing something and not putting in some basic patching capabilities that make your downtime as minimal as possible. The thing for me is how many lessons learned does EA have to get from screwing over their fanbase before someone in their management chain gets it...