Razer Mice - To those of you using them in SWTOR...

Bald_Haliaeetus

Cyborg™ M.M.O. 7 Gaming Mouse

Just found this mouse, seeing as the NAGA is to small for me

this cyborg one seems like a winner as you can adjust its size,

has lots of buttons and according to their websites blurb

all the buttons will work in swtor

hefty price tag tho

http://store.gameshark.net/Cyborg_M.M.O._7_Gaming_Mouse/5111/245

review

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1390/pg1/cyborg-mmo-7-gaming-mouse-review-introduction.html

Edited by cerveau

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the mouse I use. It also comes with some software that allows you to map macros to each button (I have a Thermal Sensor Override + Fusion Missile Macro and a Tracer/Power Shot macro set up). The price is middle of the road, and you WANT a wired mouse for performance reasons. #1 rule to computer gaming; use wired products.

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-gaming/vengeance-gaming-mice/vengeance-m90-performance-mmo-rts-laser-gaming-mouse.html

If you are also interested, there is a pretty awesome gaming keyboard I bought as well. Has a pretty cool setup with the number keys and misc. keys around larger WASD buttons.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823161028

Good luck friend!

EDIT*

All of the buttons on the mouse WILL work with SW, you just have to map them to specific keystrokes. I use buttons that I would never otherwise use during an MMO (Like "B" since it's in the middle of the effing keyboard =p)

Edited by AHawtRhino

I play with my Naga (standard) since 2009.

Played WoW, Rift ,Sw:tor and Starcraft

This mouse changed my gaming life (MMO Wise) .

I just feel completely fail when i have to play without my Naga.

Just buy any of the naga model... you will never regret it.

Promise

This is the 6 step program to buying a Naga Epic:

1. Get over the guilt of paying so much for a mouse.

2. Get over the guilt of buying a Razer product.

3. Get over frustration of getting used to so many buttons.

4. Resist the urge to return it because it feels so different than your old mouse.

5. After adapting to it you wonder how you ever lived without it.

6. Laugh at non-Naga users.

Go for the Naga and G13--tinker with it for a few weeks while PVPing. You'll find that once you get things configured correctly, you'll be very hard to beat. I suspect the only people that beat me have a similar style rig. With no macros or addons to level the playing field, the investment is well worth it if you like to dominate.

As I have posted in a dozen of these threads in the past; I use a G13 Gamepad (I move my character around with the joystick on it) and a Razer Naga Blue mouse.

I highly suggest using both at the same time.

As far as the Razer goes. It's very good for what it does, and the only thing currently on the market for MMO's. (Until the M.M.O. 7 hits the shelves) The problems that I have with the Naga is that it's very narrow and long. It's very cramped for anyone with big wide hands such as myself. It also has zero customization. It's light as a feather and doesn't come with weights like most professional gaming mice do. Lastly, due to the positioning of the buttons, you'll find that most likely you will only use about 7-8 buttons on the side out of the 12. Using buttons 1-3 and 6 requires almost repositioning your hand on the mouse every time just to get your thumb there. I use 1-3 and 6, but they are keyed to non combat things such as my mounts and OOC healing.

There are a lot of gamepads out there, but I highly suggest the G13. It is much sturdier, comes with at least 15 more buttons than the Nostromo and macro programming on it would be easy for Helen Keller.

I'm a peripheral fetishist. I have most gaming peripherals out there and speak from a position of ownership, not pure speculation.

Soooo.... I'm a southpaw, and i need a wireless because my computer is so far away from my bed (since it's on my 52" TV.... anyone have suggestions for that?

You dun ****ed. No one makes things for southpaws.

Edited by MercArcher

For swtor, I use a Razer Naga epic. I bought the epic for two reasons: dual mode (wired/wireless) and the interchangeable side panels. If you're going to spend that much on a mouse you mnight as well make sure it's as comfy as possible.

No regrets, it works as advertised and I absolutely love it paired with a Logitech G13. It takes quite a bit of getting used to though.

Naga epic here too. It takes some getting use to, but once you do, you'll be hooked forever. My only complaint ever about mine is the middle of the mouse on top is so bulky and I wish it was flat, then it'd be perfect to me.

I have the regular Naga.

As others have said I will never play another game without this mouse.

One piece of advice I will offer is to NOT use the little sticky pieces you can apply to the buttons. I used them at first on a few of the keys thinking they would help (similar to how the J and F key have a bump on your keyboard). After using the mouse for a week or two these pieces started to slide around and became a problem. I removed them and have been happy with it ever since.

i got the molten naga mouse the damn thing is to small for my hand and i aint got

big hands, so watch out for that, its a small mouse

plus i have other mice with lots of buttons but swtor doesnt recoginise all them

so again that sucks.

any1 know a multi buttoned large mouse where all the buttons are recognised plz ?

what i had posted earlier in thread i have big hands

the swtor version of naga mouse is a little bit bigger and better feel i have both a regular naga and the swtor version of naga ...

i always use the swtor naga razor mouse instead of the razor naga .. the differences are subtle but the swtor just feels better

Plain Naga

Epic if you want wireless

SWTOR is just a reskinned naga.

nope i own them both ... i only use the swtor version naga ... it "feels" much better i my hands

the top buttons on the mouse are not so hair trigger sensitve where weight of finger may click them without meaning too and the side buttons are higher and more distinc feeling for muscle memory

the outside shell is harder and cuases less sweating palms compared to the rubberized feel of the regular naga

I'm sitting pretty with a nice RAT 7. It has a few programmable buttons but it really shines with its accuracy. If you need access to a full keyboard on each hand to play a game, mabe its not you. Mabe the game needs a little attention? How much skill should be needed for a pass time like a video game? Were not talking about a sport here. And there are no prizes to be won. Training this level of skill is better suited to something in real life that can make you money.