Official Q&A Thread for February 10th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to allow users to create their own third party addons?

Example: World of Warcraft uses the programming language Lua and some example of addons are like X-Perl (Unit Frames addon), Omen – (Threat meter, helps with aggro), lastly Recount (Displays Dps of you and your party).

What are your plans on continuing the class stories after lvl 50? Are they all going to blend into one main Republic and one Empire story line. Or are the plans to continue the stories somewhat separately from each other. That is if there are plans of continuing the class stories.

When can we expect to get Master Looter fixed for 8 and 16 man raids?

Losing out on loot because we want to use that option seems like something that should have been fixed ages ago. I understand that those people deemed hard-core raiders are not the max % of your population, but they are an extremely key subset of people.

I saw on the site in the section about bug fixes, that you review bugs on a daily basis in the morning. Is there any plan to have tickets and bug submissions reviewed immediately? For instance can we expect to reach a GM immediately if we are having a problem entering an operation?

Background, two weeks in a row my raid group couldn't run EV because one or two of the people were unable to enter the instance. They would walk in, begin loading, and then find themselves back at the entrance again.

Any thoughts on when we can start expeting same gender romance options? Not asking for a specific date, but a rough estimate like, in the next few content patches, "we're working on it, but it's not even close to being ready", the possible expansion or "we're thinking about it, but haven't actually started working on it"?

As a Guildmaster, it is hard to keep track of my guild members activity levels. When do you plan on expanding the Guildmaster options to involve, but not be limited to;

Guild Banks,

Last online time/date of members,

changing the name of the Guildmaster rank,

adding more ranks than 10,

Invite to group through guild window and so on.

During my time in swtor i have noticed many players having FPS problems with the game. These problems are most noticeable in huge PVP combats or in 8/16 man operations.

It seems you guys haven't figured why so many players are reporting this issue, which confuses me a lot. Its is obvious that if we had some option to adjust the particle effects like we can in so many other games, the FPS issue would be less frequent. I know this is something that impacts performance because in wow i had the dame problem, and it was solved by adjusting the effects to medium.

So, why don't we have the option to adjust it?

Can we have a list of examples of what is in store for the legacy system? Even if it's prefaced with "These are not concrete and will change". I just want a few examples, as I know you'll want to save the meat as it were for when it's closer to release.

I'm wondering whether Legacy system points will be lost if a character is deleted? i.e. If I level an alt to 20 and decide I don't like him, will the legacy ponts he's earned be removed? What if those points make the difference in a Legacy level? etc.