Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call BS all you want. I saw at most 5 once, not counting companions, standing near the GTN stations. I'm sorry, but there's barely anybody around. Too bad perception is everything.

Can you honestly say that on your server SWTOR feels like a living, breathing, thriving community?

yes i can . I am standing in the midst of 209 people in fleet right now. Don't believe your 5 people in fleet for 1 minute.

You can call BS all you want. I saw at most 5 once, not counting companions, standing near the GTN stations. I'm sorry, but there's barely anybody around. Too bad perception is everything.

Can you honestly say that on your server SWTOR feels like a living, breathing, thriving community?

Funny.

I always see over 100 people in the fleet at the very least.

What's even funnier is how many hundreds of thousands of that 1.7 cancelled IN JANUARY already and are simply playing until their last 2 weeks are over. They're being counted as well.

Like me, I have about 12 days left. I'm an active subscriber based on their fuzzy math.

So much to learn, yet.. well yeah. THIS game excites people. lol.

This.

The numbers in this article aren't INLFATED but they are HORRIBLY INACCURATE.

Why would a bad game be successful? Even if it has the Star Wars name attached, anyone ever ask themselves that question?

Ah ok, so this thread is for nothing then, just madeup numbers. ok.

No.... wow some of you are dense.

BW released numbers for the first time today. The prior numbers released were from vgcharts based on retail store sales.

Edited by Meluna

We actually know for a fact that the server caps have been doubled since launch. They specified that during the earning call.

Right. But what IS the cap?

I mean according to the doubters the caps must be pretty low to make their numbers work in their favor.

This.

Why would a bad game be successful? Even if it has the Star Wars name attached, anyone ever ask themselves that question?

Because in the minds of most people it isn't a bad game?

Just because you are special ed doesn't mean the masses are.

That is ACTIVE subscription. Post free month. Read the actual thing.

Over 2 million sold and 1.7 million have subbed passed their free month...

I missed the opporunity to cancel before my paid time started up by 3 days.

You can deduct at least one subscriber in a couple months.

I still play a little; but reading the forums is like watching Reality TV, a comedy, and a tragedy. (I don't currently own a TV).

Besides- I have more 'player interaction' here than I do in the game right now. You listed a bunch of subs... wonder how many are mostly Imperials vs Republic?

Edited by Dharst

sith side for sure, but the republic side is getting better. I've been leveling a JK with about 20 of the same people every night. We've all gotten to know each other and actively group together. It's kind of cool to be a part of.

Ok then, riddle me this?

If the game has 1.7M subs with 215 servers that mostly show light or standard, do the math? k?

If you have 8,000 players for 215 servers with say 2000 to 2300 online at all times on each server - where the F are they hiding? Go find me more than 10 servers that currently have over 2300 players online dude. Go ahead.

You won't. Because those #'s are total BS.

A disclaimer first: Burden of proof is on you, the naysayer, to come up with facts more credible than EA's own IR report, so don't "riddle me" anything.

But I'll humor you anyways because I think your ignorance is amusing. 8k players avg across 215 servers, I'll grant. 2k players on at "all times"? Are you kidding me? Since when has any MMO been able to claim 25% sub activity at any time except peak hours?

I'll do BETTER math for you. Let's assume out of those 8k subscribed on server x, 10% play over 10 hours a day, 80% (the vast majority of working/in-school player population) play 4 hours a day (i.e. that 7 to 11PM block), and 10% play 1 hour a day or less.

Still with me? Good, gold star for you. Now let's factor in any given hour over a 24 hour day.

So if 800 people play 10 hours a day, that's 800*(10/24), in other words, that 10% of the server pop will show 8000/24 or 333 players online at any random hour in a 24-hour playing period, assuming no outside variables. Keep adding it up like this and we get:

333 + 6400*(4/24) + 800*(1/24) = about 1,500 players online at any given hour. You've overestimated by at least 25%.

HOWEVER

Keep in mind that the 80% (people like me. I am still at work after all) will have a near 0 probability of being online at any time except for peak hours (that 7PM to 11PM block). Which means then we are calculating for what servers look like during the rest of those 20 hours.

800*(10/20) + 800*(1/20) = 440 players online at any given time other than peak hours.

TL;DR

Quick, distracted math shows that at peak hours, assuming EA's figure of 1.7 million is semi-accurate and not an overexaggeration, assumes that about 1,500 players will be online for BOTH factions during PEAK hours.

At any other given hour besides peak hours, we can assume that about 400-500 players will be online for BOTH factions.

I for one, don't find that so hard to believe.

NEXT HATER PLEASE.

Funny.

I always see over 100 people in the fleet at the very least.

yeah during peak times there plenty of people on my server but since i am on the night shift for a while playing at 4 or 5 in the morning the server can feel empty. thank god i am only on the night shift for another week

Absurd :rolleyes:

Run back to WoW shilly.

You are not standing in the middle of over 200 people in fleet right now. I don't think so.

IMGUR

no one believes you. Try all you want but no one will believe there are ever just 5 people in fleet except maybe when the servers first launch after a reboot.

No.... wow some of you are dense.

BW released numbers for the first time today. The prior numbers released were from vgcharts based on retail store sales.

Please don't have children.

The prioor number 1 million sold was official EA announced number ar 23.12. on this very page.

"Yesterday was quite a day here in Austin. We likely had the largest one-day subscription account registration process in MMO history – over one million people are now registered players of the game, and the number is growing rapidly.

As you might imagine, this presented a huge strain on our infrastructure and systems, but the good news is that we seem to be through the worst of it now thanks to folks working hard all day to serve our community. And as Greg mentioned in his earlier note, we've also been working hard on resolving queues – those being another side effect of the huge demand for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ over the past week. We were definitely anticipating a very high load but if anything the demand for the game has only exceeded our expectations!

We're very appreciative of your support and we look forward to surprising and delighting you throughout the journey ahead. To that end, we plan on letting you know soon about some cool upcoming content planned over the next few months.

On behalf of the Star Wars: The Old Republic team, Greg and I want to thank you very much for your support, and also your patience yesterday as the team worked hard to process through the huge volume of players trying to register.

Thank you,

Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk"

That makes 1 million sold units after 23.12 which is 40 days.

Edited by Forsbacka

This.

You keep talking but you have yet to provide empirical evidence to back up your claims about the numbers being inaccurate.

The game isn't bad

It's just bad to you and you are not the entire player base.

Perspective...it's what's for dinner.

TL;DR

Quick, distracted math shows that at peak hours, assuming EA's figure of 1.7 million is semi-accurate and not an overexaggeration, assumes that about 1,500 players will be online for BOTH factions during PEAK hours.

At any other given hour besides peak hours, we can assume that about 400-500 players will be online for BOTH factions.

I for one, don't find that so hard to believe.

NEXT HATER PLEASE.

What the hell is "distracted math"