*Massive* Hit to hidden strike

Ajjantis

It is safe to say that those worrying about an overnerf were indeed correct. With 677 expertise, before the patch my opener without buffs would hit for around 2200-2400 on light armored wearers. Log on to test it out this morning, with the red buff and relic, I see my opener just hit mr. sorc for 1800. But dont worry, with buffs running it will atleast crit for just about 4k.

Other ops/scoundrels may be seeing different results, but I am talking about targets with equal gear. But even if we talk about ganking fresh 50's, I think its safe to say the days for hitting for over 5k are over. And before any "you shouldn't be able to hit for 5k anyways" nonsense gets posted, keep in mind that they placed in a 5k hit medal for a reason, and op/scoundrel are(were) the niched burst class.

I was initially for this nerf, as I did not find it fun, or skillful, to be able to kill equal geared players within 5 seconds. Unfortunately with this overnerf, I fear that this spec will now join our other 2 in being underwhelming and undesirable.

You fail to mention the bit where its actually now possible to stunlock for 5.5 seconds thanks to Jarring Strikes now giving no resolve during the knockdown....

So yes your hidden strike may be hitting for less but you can now do more damage because they cant react.

I was initially for this nerf, as I did not find it fun, or skillful, to be able to kill equal geared players within 5 seconds. Unfortunately with this overnerf, I fear that this spec will now join our other 2 in being underwhelming and undesirable.

What overnerf? Your own numbers prove a 20% reduction in burst, which you said you were for.

No surprise, once you discovered you couldn't ez mode stealth around and kill people in the space of one knockdown, it's suddenly an "overnerf."

Plenty of Ops heal, and a few will discover the lethality tree for the very first time, and fewer still with actual PvP skill will do just fine as concealment post-nerf. Most will quit, and re-roll sorc, then be disappointed again after discovering sorc isnt a super class, the forum just has mostly bad whiners. The mmo circle of life.

Most will quit, and re-roll sorc, then be disappointed again after discovering sorc isnt a super class, the forum just has mostly bad whiners. The mmo circle of life.

Actually, rerollers are discovering that sorcs pretty much are a super class and are superior in every way to the operative, especially when it comes to healing.

Actually, rerollers are discovering that sorcs pretty much are a super class and are superior in every way to the operative, especially when it comes to healing.

Agreed, much more complete healer, not as high burst as dps but more sustained and from ranged \0/ just boo on having to re gain all my pvp gear against all these crazy hard core pvpers lol :(

What overnerf? Your own numbers prove a 20% reduction in burst, which you said you were for.

No surprise, once you discovered you couldn't ez mode stealth around and kill people in the space of one knockdown, it's suddenly an "overnerf."

Plenty of Ops heal, and a few will discover the lethality tree for the very first time, and fewer still with actual PvP skill will do just fine as concealment post-nerf. Most will quit, and re-roll sorc, then be disappointed again after discovering sorc isnt a super class, the forum just has mostly bad whiners. The mmo circle of life.

Lol I love when other classes barge in and pretend they know whats best when they have no clue. Lethality isn't that good, and still not as good as post nerf Concealment.

Healing is okay, but I dont care for it, too energy and cast dependant. I also dont think a class should be nerfed into being healers to be viable.

Yes indeed, I was initially okay with this nerf. It didnt sound all that bad to me. After trying it, obviously my mind has changed. Popping relic and opening on a geared sorc (used to be my easiest class to kill) for 3.5k is pretty crappy.

The hit to the damage alone would have been more than sufficient to quiet the operative haters, but the armor pen coupled with it is overkill. All of my attacks have had a noticable hit to the amount of damage they put out.

Being able to chain our 4 second stun after our knockdown simply puts us at the same level of other classes. Sorcs for instance can chain their long stun with the 2 second backend stun from their whirlwind.

In regards to our other trees, lethality is completely countered with cleanse. And our healing tree is subpar to merc and sorc.

I went 44-1 with 200k dmg and 60k healing last night as a level 25 without using any of the skills that were nerfed.

I'm not so sure its as bad as people make it out to be.

If anything it will encourage players to use more of the skills and mroe of the ranged dps of operative which will in turn invoke more balance in those skills and the class in general.

I went 44-1 with 200k dmg and 60k healing last night as a level 25 without using any of the skills that were nerfed.

I'm not so sure its as bad as people make it out to be.

If anything it will encourage players to use more of the skills and mroe of the ranged dps of operative which will in turn invoke more balance in those skills and the class in general.

Level 25. Next, pls.

Bummer. So people will actually be able to fight back? That is a tough blow.

Thats the funny thing about a burst class.

If you cant kill your opponent in the first initial damage, you probably arent going to kill them at all. And thats why the nerf is such a pain. The operative has no range. It cant kite, it cant take a hit, and it cant control. So you take away its burst dps, and now it cant dps. It essentially nullifies the class.

If they had done this, and increased the range in the lethality tree it might have made lethality actually playable. As it is, that entire tree is broken for the Op.

At any rate, while it may be possible to lock someone up for a time. Thats not really very helpful when the rest of your targets team annhilates you. When you popped out, killed your target, and could restealth... well.... that was the point of a burst dps class.

It would be kind of like... nerfing sorcs dps by 20%, and range to 10. See how long you last in a group pvp setting.

At any rate, heres hoping the revamp the lethality tree so its actually playable. I dont mind having to work for my kills. I just mind nerfing my intended purpose into the dirt.

I love that people somehow think that we can stun for longer now. Last I checked Debilitate was on a 45 second (30 talented) cool down. Wasting your one stun to try to kill someone in stunlock has to be the worst way to play, and one of the worst class designs.

Furthermore, the stun from Hidden Strike lasts 1.5 seconds. However, the GCD is also 1.5 seconds so they are already out of the stun the next ability you use (almost; the animation time of the ability lets you get off one ability if you are quick). In other words, your next ability better be debilitate, or they are free to run, stun, knockback, etc. and you've basically lost the fight (against an equally skilled and equally geared player).

I logged on to check out the nerfs and it is pretty bad. My hidden strike crit for 1.3K, about 3k on fresh 50's (<12K hp). I have much more trouble fighting heavy armor users because I do so little damage. In fact, I was fighting a pyrotech, about equally geared, and while his flame burst was hitting me for 1.8k, my back stab, shiv, etc. were hitting him in the neighborhood of 1200-1600. He then popped his energy shield (which should only be a 25% damage reduction, IIRC), and I was hitting him for 500 (!). It is absolutely absurd that, as a Niche Burst class, I cannot take down an equally geared opponent on a 1v1 fight.

We will be doing EV or KP HM, possibly today, and then I can see how the nerf effects PvE.

Been saying this since the DAY that the nerf notes were released.

Hidden Strike damage nerf is good - 20% is a good percentile to tone it down by.

Acid Blade nerf just destroys any semblance of PVE we had, and lowers the damage of ALL OF OUR ABILITIES by a LOT. I cannot believe Bioware even thought of this.

Jarring nerf is good now that it doesn't fill resolve. It looks like a 1.5 seconds stun is okay now since we can chain it with Debilitate. It should be 2 seconds regardless so we can hit a backstab or shiv before the initial knockdown ends though, since the GCD is 1.5.

I mean, Bioware announced these nerfs TWO DAYS after the Biochem and stacking nerfs. They had NO TIME to "use their own metrics" to see if we really were doing too much overall damage.

Its just sad to see that the balance of another game will die because of whiners and morons.

I love that people somehow think that we can stun for longer now. Last I checked Debilitate was on a 45 second (30 talented) cool down. Wasting your one stun to try to kill someone in stunlock has to be the worst way to play, and one of the worst class designs.

Furthermore, the stun from Hidden Strike lasts 1.5 seconds. However, the GCD is also 1.5 seconds so they are already out of the stun the next ability you use (almost; the animation time of the ability lets you get off one ability if you are quick). In other words, your next ability better be debilitate, or they are free to run, stun, knockback, etc. and you've basically lost the fight (against an equally skilled and equally geared player).

I logged on to check out the nerfs and it is pretty bad. My hidden strike crit for 1.3K, about 3k on fresh 50's (<12K hp). I have much more trouble fighting heavy armor users because I do so little damage. In fact, I was fighting a pyrotech, about equally geared, and while his flame burst was hitting me for 1.8k, my back stab, shiv, etc. were hitting him in the neighborhood of 1200-1600. He then popped his energy shield (which should only be a 25% damage reduction, IIRC), and I was hitting him for 500 (!). It is absolutely absurd that, as a Niche Burst class, I cannot take down an equally geared opponent on a 1v1 fight.

We will be doing EV or KP HM, possibly today, and then I can see how the nerf effects PvE.

Welcome to Shadow/Assassin world.

Please...get off your high horse already.

Lethality is complete garbage.

Medic is a poor mans sorc/merc.

Conceal is now total crap. There is no way to justify the PVE nerf for that. The extra stun is great but its just more time you are out of stealth and can be targeted by the abundance of ranged players in this game.

The idiots who keep saying its only two skills that were nerfed really know nothing about the operative and just should stick to playing their sorc. If you are under level 50 and under level 40 valor then you also know nothing about PVP in this game. Stop posting your level 25 agent did pretty good in a warzone yesterday - nobody cares.

Glad my Sorc is level 50. So now there will be 6 out of 10 sorcs in your Warzone not 5/10Enjoy the lack of diversity you whiners.

I'm just going to sum this whole entire thread up with a ...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i can't hit 5k with buffs now, only 4k!!!!!! I am totally gimp now, cause i lost 1k in dmg! ****ZRFKZ0RZ!!! THE END IS NEAR!

really guys....REALLY?

*sigh*