WoW FotM Reroller looking for my first class in SWTOR.

toastmuffin

He isn't wrong. An AoE root when you push people back and an AoE stun when they break your bubble(which costs next to nothing and is not affected by the warzone healing reduction) in the same talent tree? Yeah, that's fair. Not to mention the other stuff like Life Grip which imo should be restricted to healing Sages/Sorcs only or the sprint that as a Shadow I don't understand why the spell casters need. It's my only gap closer, why do you need one?

Below 2K rated need not reply.

Hi i am a WoW FotM Reroller and i am looking for some help to choose my first ever class in SWTOR! I intend to play a primarily ranged DPS class with a bag of tricks underneath a wizards robe.

Here are the VITAL abilities that i could not live without during my time rerolling various classes in WoW. Everything is simplified to reduce content overload.

First i want survivability and dps mechanics of a Shadow Priest.

Power Word: Shield

Draws on the soul of the friendly target to shield them, absorbing damage. Lasts 15 sec. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.

Mind Flay

Assault the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing 561 Shadow damage over 3 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%.

The knockback, range slows and range interrupts of of an elemental shaman.

Thunderstorm

You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within 10 yards. Restores 8% mana to you and deals 1529 to 1745 Nature damage to all nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 5 sec and knocking them back 20 yards.

Frost Shock

Instantly shocks the target with frost, dealing Frost damage and slowing movement speed.

Wind Shear

Disrupts the target's concentration with a burst of wind, interrupting spellcasting and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 2 sec. Also lowers your threat, making the enemy less likely to attack you.

These Mage and Warlock abilities.

Icy Veins

Hastens your spellcasting, increasing spell casting speed by 20%.

Life Tap

You Life Tap for 15% of your total health, converting 120% of that into mana.

The debuffing and on demand cc of a paladin.

Cleanse

Cleanses a friendly target, removing 1 Poison effect and 1 Disease effect.

Hammer of Justice

Stuns the target for 6 sec.

Repentance

Puts the enemy target in a state of meditation, incapacitating them for up to 1 min.

For good measure, i also want to have the on demand mobility of a Rogue.

Sprint

Increases your movement speed by 70% for 8 sec.

This list fulfills my basic requirement. So any class that is ideal for me?

i lol'd. good stuff.

I must say this OP delivers.

Edit: OP I must say that is a powerful list of good mechanics. Having all of them would be annoying as hell to fight. I personally would recommend the following to add to your list.

A Fast 1.5s heal with no Cooldown.

A Decent 3s heal(2.5 if spec'd)

You need these so you can just LoS and heal like the pro's!

Edited by Kyrandis

troopers/bounty hunters are your easy mode (dps heal tanks) and if specced i nthe right comando/merc tree stupidly OP missile/grav round spam.

agents/smugglers your typical stupidly high overpowrd easy kills dps class that can hit past the 12k marker. not quite as defensive as a trooper/commando but still snipers and gunslingers when in cover are like tanks.

both of these get stupid amount of utility to use and most of the time they dont even need them as they are pretty OP as it is without using most of there abilitys.

if you wanna be respected in swtor play either an assasin/shadow or sith warrior/jedi knight.