The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Space bar was a mistake.

BCBull

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look under the player portraits on the left. You'll see little "....." next to the portraits. When a number appears instead of the "....." that means they answered and are waiting. If 1 person is sitting with "...." while everyone else has a number, we know who it is.

that is an easy fix if it turns out to be used for griefing purposes, BW just has to hide that so we don't see what others roll. YES it would be griefing to kick someone out of the group for not hitting spacebar if this was not stated beforehand so said person could leave before wasting his time.

SWTOR, a story driven mmo. Why would there be such a quick easy way to skip the story?!

I'm just getting into the PvE scene, and every flash point group I enter I see things like, SPACEBAWABA, SPACEBAR!!!!, HIT THE SPACE.

So much time was put into the story, and it can be argued that the story is what sets SWTOR apart from all mmorpgs. The game was built around the "4th pillar" (story) of gaming. The change of pace was so refreshing the first week. I was able to slow down and really enjoy the immersion.

Space bar should be disabled in flash points for the sake of all players that come in the future. Let them experience the truly epic immersion I had my first couple weeks.

Flashpoints... aren't tied into the story for the most part, they are their own. And you can watch all of your cutscenes if you want, the other players will have to wait for you.

Usually now without a tool to regulate teams, people are inviteing for HM's and when they get to last boss they kick all other people in party and invite guildmates for the last kill and loot. (And the daily completion) Edited by xngxng

I definitely think everyone should listen to the NPC's stories at least once or twice but I agree that when you're doing the same story for the tenth time it gets a little old.

Part of that might be the voice acting, though. We had great voice acting in Mass Effect and Dragon Age but this game got really ambitious with the voice acting and I don't think all of it is great.

It's an expansion problem: Not all NFL teams have a great quarterback and if you tried to expand the league to 50 teams you'd start noticing that there weren't enough good players to go around for all the other positions, either.

The good news with TOR is that Bioware can re-record dialog if it wants to punch it up. It's probably expensive but I wouldn't stop doing it I was Bioware. Go listen to Emma Thompson's narration in Stranger Than Fiction and ask yourself if you wouldn't listen to her character's voice over every time you came across it.

Heck, Bioware could make it a contest: "These are the lines that need to be said for this situation. Send us your tape and if we decide to use your voice we'll give you a lifetime subscription." There is a LOT of untapped talent out there that will work cheap to be part of their favorite game.

Free publicity, a boost in fan interest and cheap labor...

;)

Nah man I wouldn't I enjoy the immersion that comes for your party making choices.

Your party has to make choices anyway. Skipping dialog is optional. Don't be a nazi and want everyone to have to watch them...for the 10th+ time. -_-

Edited by BladeStrike

I made it to 30 without using the space bar. I had to start space baring everything or quit. The stories are just that bad.

Idiotic NPC that wants you to go sabotage enemy equipment instead of killing them. What? That's a dumb idea, we're at war and it's easier to kill them! Why the hell would anyone waste time and effort sabotaging equipment to kill them instead of just killing them.

Then you don't have an option to tell the NPC they're an idiot, lets just kill them.

Then you have to listen to your toon enthusiastically agree with this dumb idea which is immersion killing because I'm sitting there watching my toon say things I don't agree with.

And then, after all is said and done, you have to go kill them all anyways to sabotage the equipment.

Here's what I do with group flashpoints, usually if everybody has seen done it before (seen the story and everything) we just spacebar through it, if not we'll let the person who hasn't get the enjoyment out of the story.

No reason to ruin the immersion for him if he hasn't saw it yet. :)

I have to believe the OP isn't above level 20 yet.

Why level 20? Because the second you get high enough to do Athiss, there are never more than a handful of lines of dialogue in flashpoints. Ever.

So get past level 20, then you won't have that problem, because there's no dialogue to sit through to begin with.

I made it to 30 without using the space bar. I had to start space baring everything or quit. The stories are just that bad.

Idiotic NPC that wants you to go sabotage enemy equipment instead of killing them. What? That's a dumb idea, we're at war and it's easier to kill them! Why the hell would anyone waste time and effort sabotaging equipment to kill them instead of just killing them.

Then you don't have an option to tell the NPC they're an idiot, lets just kill them.

Then you have to listen to your toon enthusiastically agree with this dumb idea which is immersion killing because I'm sitting there watching my toon say things I don't agree with.

And then, after all is said and done, you have to go kill them all anyways to sabotage the equipment.

This. Everyone raves about how good the voice-overs are... really? They're mediocre at best. The dialogue is average and sometimes borders on atrocious. Not to mention the fact that a lot of it is just repeated anyways. Every character has the same dialogue options for side quests, and same responses.

Guys there is a simple fix for this. hold it....hold it......

Require all 4 players to hit the spacebar to skip cutscenes. That way if there is a person that hasn't seen it he can simply not hit the spacebar and watch the cutscene. However if all 4 players do not want to watch the cutscene then you can very well skip it.

I myself have no problem waiting a whole 1 or 2 minutes to let someone enjoy a cutscent that they have not seen before but it would be a nice feature to let an entire group skip a cutscene if they've seen it already.

This. Everyone raves about how good the voice-overs are... really? They're mediocre at best. The dialogue is average and sometimes borders on atrocious. Not to mention the fact that a lot of it is just repeated anyways. Every character has the same dialogue options for side quests, and same responses.

Thank you!!!

So much time was put into the story, and it can be argued that the story is what sets SWTOR apart from all mmorpgs. The game was built around the "4th pillar" (story) of gaming.

Too bad the story sucks (unless you've never read a good book, then your expectations might be low enough to allow you to like it).

Because no one wants to pay a monthly fee for a story. Everyone wants to get to end game so they can get geared up and run hardmodes and pvp. No matter how bad bw wants the game to be an mmo focused on story the consumer will always want the rewarding aspects of an mmo. Tbh if your playing an mmo for the story and it's not f2p than why not just go buy an rpg. The stories of most of the classes really fall off after chapter 1 anyway.

the rewarding aspects of an RPG are the story, the journey, the progression. people who want to rush endgame, I would suggest, are playing the wrong genre. and by doing so, and expecting it to change to be tailored to their wants, are ruining the genre for everyone else.