Space bar was a mistake.

BCBull

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally space-bar through alien conversations....whats the point of listening to something you cant understand (living in Wales I sometimes wish there was a life-space-bar)

I like to hear the inflection in their voice, it kinda adds flavor to the text. I've become aware that many of the alien gibberish patterns are repeated, though, so now I've started skipping them.

Edited by Ituhata

You know what? I love a great many movies. Star Wars even! However, if you make me watch the same scene from starwars 10 times a week for months, I will shove that cd up your backside.

I lol'd!

Guess we could both benefit of being able to directly (shift?) + space bar skip to dialog choices.

I'm already annoyed at spamming the space bar.

I created an additional tab in chat that lets me only see NPC dialogue, system info, companion dialogue, etc., but shuts out all other players.

I've not had it happen, yet, but I look forward to being in a group such as the OP described and having them rip their hair out because they can't wait ten seconds.

Don't get me wrong, if they advertised as 'speeding through all convos', I wouldn't join just to bug them. Otherwise, they can shut up and wait.

@OP: spacebar is a necessity. Here's why:

You ever watched Star Wars Episode 2? You know how there's a lull in the action when Anakin and Amidala are getting all cozy in front of the fire? Well, most SW fans I know fast-forward through that nonsense.

Right, right... we've seen this... stupid love scene... before. Ok there! Time for more lightsabers!

What you're advocating for is to force film fans who have seen the movie, 2-4 or 8 times to sit through one of the most boring scenes in the history of cinema. You're doing it because -you- don't think they should be allowed to skip it because you have some sort of presumptuous ideal that says that what -you- like is better and more important than what others like.

So, here in SWTOR, you want to get rid of the spacebar. Fine... but we all know you probably have one toon at around level 25 or so. Come back here again on your 8th alt when you're on Taris and you've seen.... the. same. stupid. storyline. for the. SIXTH. TIME. THIS. MONTH.

Then we'll talk.

This. If you want to skip cutscenes start your own group and state 'No Cutscenes' . If people join and don't adhere, boot um.

Outside of BT/Esseless, there really aren't many cutscenes in the FPs anymore. That's also why I said he was a nub in my reply to him. He just has no idea how repetitive this game is across different playthroughs.

The OP has no idea what he's talking about.

Spacebar is optional, use it or don't but frankly, I don't care what you're doing while you're playing. I'm using my Spacebar because I don't feel like watching the garbage over and over only to get some lousy thought out quests that make me go kill 10 separatists.

I would care more about the pathetic and predictable story in this game if it added some sort of excitement but since every cutscenes include people standing around talking and then fighting a 1 on 1 elite mob, that is not dramatic nor exciting in anyway. So, with that said, I'm going to spacebar through this garbage and be proud.

I space bar unless its something I'm doing for the first time. I don't mind when someone in the group isn't doing it though. Most people that are that impatient just want to run through the thing anyways and grab all the phat lootz they can win. They usually need everything and cause several wipes. Its just a personality trait. I call them douchbags but thats just me. Edited by Derfmiolleh

For the first play through I would agree. It was designed in mind to entertain. Then, in the real world, we have people who like to rent movies they've seen before and we have some who don't.

I happen to think The Last Starfighter is the best movie of all time. I've probably watched it 100 times in my time on this blue rock. Still, there's parts that I like to skip through. No matter how good something is, repetition eventually erodes the experience.

I might watch The Last Starfighter once every year or two. If I had to watch it once per week... I'd start to hate it. In SWTOR terms, in order to get social rank 10 to get the nice speeders, you have to do BT/Esseless something like 500 times.

Do you really want to sit there and watch that Twi'lek tell you how she swears you'll fail 500 times or listen to the General complain about his shot up beer belly 500 times?

You might the first 10, 20... or even 50 times if you're that much of a hardcore fanatic. But, by the 200th time if you're still hanging on their every word... you're just a special person I guess.

that actually speaks volumes about the player. this was not the game they were looking for, obviously.

That may be, but skipping cut-scenes in an MMO should not make it or break it. At the end of the day, single player RPG's are about story and cut-scenes and dialogue. It's a nice addition to MMO's, but it's far from what they're all about.

So yes, it does speak volumes about the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.