Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

Revan is so much better than Vader. Vader was turned by blind love and hate, while Revan willingly delved into every dark secret of the galaxy. Vader was beaten by a single Jedi. Revan slayed countless Jedi (arguably so did Vader, but not really alone) and raised the entire Sith Empire. He discovered and took over the Star Forge. Honestly, Vader was just a pawn in Sidious's plan, like Maul or Dooku. Revan, the Dark Lord of the Sith, all the way.

A good book to read about Vader's early battles/stage as Vader is Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. It also has a good excerpt for when Obi finds out that Anakin is still alive as Vader.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, a side note, if you are referring to Vader, you need to read more of his exploits. Most of you are probably only going off the movies, in which very little was shown of his abilities and exploits. His story and life is so much longer and in depth. And as a sith unable to shoot lightning i would say he could hold his own quite well. And as far as him being a "pawn", he knew exactly what he was doing the whole time, he had plans for years to overthrow Sidious and had put those plans into effect long before any of it happened. And the mere fact he could deceive even Sidious himself is a testament to his immense power. I could go on...

And the mere fact he could deceive even Sidious himself is a testament to his immense power. I could go on...

In order to "deceive", you're assuming Sidious never knew about it. I doubt that. Because in retrospect, Sidious wanted Luke one he showed up.

I go with Revan simply because the force seemed like a much more powerful and darker essence during this time period since it was so common. One had to perfect the force effectively to beat another force user.

Hell, playing the game as a Sith Warrior... Lord Baras was able to kill someone across a holocomunicator from his spot on Drumund Koss. It's my belief that as the final fall of the Sith came around, the use of the force died off and less destructive or flashy-uses of the force were replaced by subtle ones.

Edited by tXHereticXt

In order to "deceive", you're assuming Sidious never knew about it. I doubt that. Because in retrospect, Sidious wanted Luke one he showed up.

I go with Revan simply because the force seemed like a much more powerful and darker essence during this time period since it was so common. One had to perfect the force effectively to beat another force user.

Hell, playing the game as a Sith Warrior... Lord Baras was able to kill someone across a holocomunicator from his spot on Drumund Koss. It's my belief that as the final fall of the Sith came around, the use of the force died off and less destructive or flashy-uses of the force were replaced by subtle ones.

Vader was also able to kill people starships away. Also I think Sidious wormhole is rather flashy and destructive. Not very subtle either.

As much as I'd like to say "Revan!", because I think Vader for as much of a ****** he is gets wrecked quite often - fact is, in LUCAS' world, if LUCAS says it's Vader, then it's Vader.

...it's Sci-Fi people. The facts change on you based on the whims of George because it's fiction. While it is entertaining debate, it is rather pointless. :(

I would add Darth Bane to the mix and make it a three-way.

I would chose Revan for the simple fact: Palpatine and Vader followed the Rule of Two which was infact, Revan's teaching.

I'm sure the first guy who created a sword and decided to fight with it isn't anywhere near as good as the people who later worked together to create various styles. My point is just because someone invented something doesn't make them better than their successors. I can invent a new type of car and in the future whoever leads my company can create a far superior model.

Bane put the rule of two in effect. Drew considers Revan and Bane equal. Zannah defeated Bane. Cognus surpassed Zannah. Etc etc.

I'm sure the first guy who created a sword and decided to fight with it isn't anywhere near as good as the people who later worked together to create various styles. My point is just because someone invented something doesn't make them better than their successors. I can invent a new type of car and in the future whoever leads my company can create a far superior model.

Bane put the rule of two in effect. Drew considers Revan and Bane equal. Zannah defeated Bane. Cognus surpassed Zannah. Etc etc.

If it what you say is true of Revan and Bane equality stated by Drew... then that means he is saying Bane is equal to Vader. Sigh..

Vader, he is the chosen one.

And don't give me (IMO) that crap of Palpatine reborn, Luke totally forgetting his father's history and encouraging marriage, Darth Maul with robot chicken legs, A Skywalker falling to the dark side....again, Empire returns ... again.

I like the old republic story but after Palpatine is dead, it's over... The force is balanced, the Sith are destroyed. period.

Sorry but when it comes to Old Republic vs Luke/Vaders time , the old republic wins everytime .

Vader would never be able to beat Revan , he was a Excellent Lightsaber combatant far better then vader . Revan had more understanding and command of the force than Vader ever had.

So it goes Revan.

and as far as Palpatine being the most powerful sith lord pff yea right I can think of at least 3 sith lords who would waste him - Sion/The Sith Emperor/Naga Sadow.

Sorry but when it comes to Old Republic vs Luke/Vaders time , the old republic wins everytime .

Vader would never be able to beat Revan , he was a Excellent Lightsaber combatant far better then vader . Revan had more understanding and command of the force than Vader ever had.

So it goes Revan.

and as far as Palpatine being the most powerful sith lord pff yea right I can think of at least 3 sith lords who would waste him - Sion/The Sith Emperor/Naga Sadow.

Your arguement... makes me laugh.

Vader beats Revan in Lightsaber skills, Vader mastered Makashi and Djem SO and practiced Vapaad/Juyo.

Palpatine could destroy Star Fleets with his mind, could create a Force Storm that could consume planets, he did all that without using any Trinkets.

If you just go off Vader from the movies obviously Revan will wipe the floor with him. But I think Vader would win by a huuuge margin if you're using vader from Force Unleashed. Playing as vader in the beginning was awesome, they shoulda had the whole game be vader beating the crap out of people.