Vader vs Revan

IAmYourGod

Though, I'm curious where Mace Windu stands here. He fulfilled the last form of the Lightsaber forms (Vaapad) and DEFEATED Darth Sidious on his own, something Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker had to do together.. Where does he stand?;)

Sidious let himself be defeated so he could use Anakin... (but yes, Mace Windu is a very powerful Jedi, who would probably defeat Revan as well).

and Vader would beat Revan, but there is a lot of Revan fan bois on these forums so expect revan to be the most popular choice.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanboy I am not I am only basing my arguments on the lore that I have encountered. If I had to rate power by character this would be how I would do it.

1. Sith Emperor

2. Revan

3. Palpatine

4. Yoda

5. Vader

6. Luke

7. Obi

etc

Unfortunately, Luke is the most powerful mortal being ever, with Abeloth topping him in terms of power as she's NOT mortal. Sidious is third, Luke is second and Abeloth is first with Yoda being fourth and Starkiller fifth (Starkiller has been confirmed to have canonically had the potential to Rival the third most powerful on the chart, Sidious). My references? The novels, the EU, and the Movies.

Again, it's a common misconception that Vitiate is as powerful as people keep making him out to be. He isn't, he couldn't even consume a planet by himself - he required the aid of a hundred enslaved Sith Lords to help him accomplish a Ritual that allowed him to. Sidious, on the other hand, could consume planets by himself (he does this to the 15 billion populace of Byss to sustain his clone body), and was also capable of creating wormholes so devastating that they could ravage and destroy planets.

Vader in his prime would be EP3; take into account the novelisation and the EU during this time-period. He would thrash Revan around pretty devastatingly.. sorry guys, but the lore is in Vader's favor. Revan is 100% EU, to ignore Vaders EU automatically counterfeits your own argument.. because it would mean Revan doesn't exist. :)

Edited by Oonkeh_

In regards to Vader being trained by, arguably, one of the most powerful dark-side users ever, it would be good to note two things:

1) It is likely that Palpatine held certain things back from Vader, in order to maintain an advantage should Vader ever decide one day to become the master (or turn back to the light side).

2) Vader's Force potential is somewhat diminished after the events of Mustafar, partially because he is limited by his injuries, and partially because he is forced (at least for a time) to use the Force simply to move

Unfortunately, Luke is the most powerful mortal being ever, with Abeloth topping him in terms of power as she's NOT mortal. Sidious is third, Luke is second and Abeloth is first with Yoda being fourth. My references? The novels, the EU, and the Movies.

Again, it's a common misconception that Vitiate is as powerful as people keep making him out to be. He isn't, he couldn't even consume a planet by himself - he required the aid of a hundred enslaved Sith Lords to help him accomplish a Ritual that allowed him to. Sidious, on the other hand, could consume planets by himself (he does this to the 15 billion populace of Byss to sustain his clone body), and was also capable of creating wormholes so devastating that they could ravage and destroy planets.

Not to mention as I stated earlier. Vitiate also used relics and artifacts to bolster his power.

Coratus. While you're correct it's confirmed by Lucas that Vader is 80% as powerful as Sidious. So vader is indeed quite strong.

Edited by Rhyltran

pre-Mustafar Vader was less powerful than OT Vader. This is canon. And while Revan was really good, he was no match for Vader. He would probably give Kenobi a good fight.

Less powerful, in terms of strength, certainly. Remember, though, that while OT Vader is much stronger physically, he is also much less agile, and has difficulty against opponents who are more agile than he.

Back to the topic at hand, though....when I think of a fight between these two, I try and limit my observations to their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses in three areas:

1) Lightsaber combat: It's difficult to gauge how things would turn out in a "pure" lightsaber battle without knowing more details about Revan's tendencies and extent of mastery of the various lightsaber forms. It is worth noting that Revan has likely received training in all the forms of lightsaber combat, including Juyo. It is also worth noting that, again, while Vader enjoys advantages in strength and reach, he is definitely at a disadvantage mobility wise (though he is able to compensate for this with telekinesis). Still, without knowing more about just how good with a lightsaber Revan is....

Advantage: undetermined (Note: I hope to have a better idea of Revan's lightsaber capabilities after reading Revan)

2) Force power: In terms of sheer strength of power, Vader probably has the advantage, even in his diminished capacity. It is doubtful, however, that Sidious has taught him much of the more esoteric mysteries of the dark side, especially after realizing that Vader's potential is limited after Mustafar. While Vader DOES possess highly refined telekinetic skills....he doesn't seem to be skilled in much more than that (outside of Force speed, precognition, Force leap, etc). Revan, on the other hand, possess a much more diverse set of both light and dark side powers...including Force lightning, against which Vader is at a large disadvantage.

Advantage: Revan, by a fair margin.

3) Intangibles: Both are competent strategists. Vader has a talent for inspiring fear; Revan is highly resistant to fear. Both have incredibly strong willpower. Both are experienced generals and warriors.

Advantage: Draw

Conclusion: While I hesitate to declare one over the other without knowing more about Revan's lightsaber abilities...if Revan can withstand or redirect the Dark Lord's onslaught, Revan's knowledge of the Force (both light and dark sides) should serve him extremely well, enough to see him through to victory.

Winner: Revan....but not a cakewalk by any means.

I think Revan simply because pre-Mustafar, Vader hadn't learned all things Sith, and post-Mustafar Vader was to dependent on machinery to stay alive that he wouldn't be able to incorporate all he later learned to it's fullest extent to defeat Revan. Revan wins

Like people have stated, Vader is the more powerful canonically. I also think that Sidious held him back by a little, or maybe even by a lot. He is potenitally stronger than Sidious considering his midi-chlorian count.

About Mace Windu, is it accurate to call him "the Yoda of sabre combat"?

Revan would win hands down he was darth of action he alone swung the war twice each time in his favor ... and if you happen to look at star wars wiki at the powers his far out does vader..

vader was cool but he was more of a dramatic darth with some cool powers and we favored him because he was the first we seen

Fanboy I am not I am only basing my arguments on the lore that I have encountered. If I had to rate power by character this would be how I would do it.

1. Sith Emperor

2. Revan

3. Palpatine

4. Yoda

5. Vader

6. Luke

7. Obi

etc

Then you need to educate yourself better...Luke is the top..Palpatine is number 2, Yoda then the others. That's from Lucas himself...he's the end all in the argument..opinion doesn't break this.

Then you need to educate yourself better...Luke is the top..Palpatine is number 2, Yoda then the others. That's from Lucas himself...he's the end all in the argument..opinion doesn't break this.

The problem with this line of thinking is that Lucas doesn't consider the EU part of his Star Wars universe. So most of the feats people reference Sidious doing, actually didn't happen according to Lucas, as Lucas has also stated that Sidious was never cloned he dies above endor on the second deathstar.

2) Vader's Force potential is somewhat diminished after the events of Mustafar, partially because he is limited by his injuries, and partially because he is forced (at least for a time) to use the Force simply to move

yeah he was so weak he killed his wife during surgery

rly somemorrons here

Vader is the only one that was created by the force and nothing else so thier can be no misunderstanding about this HES THE ONE !!!!

yeah they where all defeated by a young teenager with a toy saber but that was just because the writers didnt want to make a fourth movie about vader teaching luke how to be the best Jedi ever ..

so instea they let him die and so is Luke the only jedi left and the NR 1 ofc

princes leila isnt using her force in the movies but she should have some kind of powaah

Less powerful, in terms of strength, certainly. Remember, though, that while OT Vader is much stronger physically, he is also much less agile, and has difficulty against opponents who are more agile than he.

Back to the topic at hand, though....when I think of a fight between these two, I try and limit my observations to their capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses in three areas:

1) Lightsaber combat: It's difficult to gauge how things would turn out in a "pure" lightsaber battle without knowing more details about Revan's tendencies and extent of mastery of the various lightsaber forms. It is worth noting that Revan has likely received training in all the forms of lightsaber combat, including Juyo. It is also worth noting that, again, while Vader enjoys advantages in strength and reach, he is definitely at a disadvantage mobility wise (though he is able to compensate for this with telekinesis). Still, without knowing more about just how good with a lightsaber Revan is....

Advantage: undetermined (Note: I hope to have a better idea of Revan's lightsaber capabilities after reading Revan)

2) Force power: In terms of sheer strength of power, Vader probably has the advantage, even in his diminished capacity. It is doubtful, however, that Sidious has taught him much of the more esoteric mysteries of the dark side, especially after realizing that Vader's potential is limited after Mustafar. While Vader DOES possess highly refined telekinetic skills....he doesn't seem to be skilled in much more than that (outside of Force speed, precognition, Force leap, etc). Revan, on the other hand, possess a much more diverse set of both light and dark side powers...including Force lightning, against which Vader is at a large disadvantage.

Advantage: Revan, by a fair margin.

3) Intangibles: Both are competent strategists. Vader has a talent for inspiring fear; Revan is highly resistant to fear. Both have incredibly strong willpower. Both are experienced generals and warriors.

Advantage: Draw

Conclusion: While I hesitate to declare one over the other without knowing more about Revan's lightsaber abilities...if Revan can withstand or redirect the Dark Lord's onslaught, Revan's knowledge of the Force (both light and dark sides) should serve him extremely well, enough to see him through to victory.

Winner: Revan....but not a cakewalk by any means.

Vader is not weak against force lightning. This is a gross misconception. He's more resilient to force lightning than any other Star Wars character has ever shown to be. Not to mention Vader had access to force crush which is a devastating force power. He also was not that weak against agile opponents. Galen Marek was immensely powerful and was highly acrobatic but Vader was able to hold his own against him. In fact, the style he created in conjunction with his armor, enabled him to deal with acrobatic opponents. Galen Marek was no slouch either. Able to defeat some top quality jedi masters and even temporarily go toe to toe with Sidious.

DarkGreen it was stated in ROTS commentary I believe. I could be mistaken.

Edited by Rhyltran

Vader is not weak against force lightning. This is a gross misconception. He's more resilient to force lightning than any other Star Wars character has ever shown to be. Not to mention Vader had access to force crush which is a devastating force power. He also was not that weak against agile opponents. Galen Marek was immensely powerful and was highly acrobatic but Vader was able to hold his own against him. In fact, the style he created in conjunction with his armor, enabled him to deal with acrobatic opponents. Galen Marek was no slouch either. Able to defeat some top quality jedi masters and even temporarily go toe to toe with Sidious.

This. Revan's abilities are highly overrated, mostly because of game mechanics. Just because all of those powers were available to your character doesn't mean that Revan the canon character could use them all. In-game powers/abilities are not canon, the only thing canon about the games are the overall storyline, and things like the cutscenes in TFU. Revan was not an all-powerful Jedi/Sith that could destroy any SW character ever, he was merely an extremely proficient user of the Force, more powerful than the average Jedi Master, but less powerful then the most powerful Jedi Masters such as Yoda or Windu.

Vader is not weak against force lightning. This is a gross misconception. He's more resilient to force lightning than any other Star Wars character has ever shown to be.

Need I point out that Luke Skywalker, who endured the Emperor's Force lightning attack for a longer period of time and (towards the end of the barrage) at the same intensity, survived? And that Vader, who was exposed to it for a far shorter time period, did not? I'm sorry, but in my book, it's Luke that shows the greater resiliency, not Vader.

Revan is leagues beyond Vader in the use of the force. Win Revan no contest.

Edit: Now that I think about it, IMO, any pairing of Old Republic vs ABY characters would end with a win for the old republic.

Funny that Vader has the highest Midi-chlorian count ever found. In Midi count I think Revan was less than half of Vader. Did Revan bring balance to the force? Nope. Did Vader? Yup.