Sorcs are not OP, heres how u fight them

OsirisZoran

You conveniently left out the part about sorc bubble having almost no cd and if a maruader does use their one gap closer u simply root/stun or w/e force speed to max range bubble and start the process over again.

Alright. Let's assume both have spec:ed them in some way (because if they haven't, Overload will not root anyone). Force Charge is on a 15sec cooldown (12sec if spec:ed) and immobilizes the target for 2sec. Overload is on a 20sec cooldown.

Assuming a low response time, I use Overload immediately and you only get one attack in - Crippling Slash. You are knocked back a few meters (because I assume you position yourself away from a ledge) and rooted. You are then rooted for 2 more seconds as I run away and start nuking you (with 100% health, as you have not been able to do much yet and the root breaks after 2 seconds if damaged).

You use Obliterate and another Crippling Slash, I stun you and use Force Speed to get away, I then cast my Force Slow, so we are now both crawling at 50% speed (but yours will be active longer then mine). I DoT you and cast a Shock. It's super effective! 2k damage. Your Force Charge cooldown is gone, you use it and start to unleash as well and snare me again. Game, set, match.

Ofc, I can actually just run away and not try to damage you. That's always a solution.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll detected, I put evidence to you about the commando and what did you do? went quiet and said nothing.

Oh and I have another screenshot for you, this time a nil nil huttball match so I had time to grav spam to my hearts content, ending with a lot more damage/kills than last time.

260k damage 48 kills 4 deaths 7 medals.

http://imageshack.us/f/703/screenshot2012012712225.jpg/

Sorry but no way you can defend the commando/merc when I'm admitting to just mainly grav spamming and storming the charts without half the effort I put in with my Guardian or Scoundrel.

Edit: Note the highest amount of kills on the enemy team was a Tracer spamming merc, I purposely went for him hense his nice tally of deaths.

Edit2: Quiet again I see, cannot say I'm suprised.

Well done. We need more users like you silencing dumb trolls and kiddie L2P spammers.

Troll detected, I put evidence to you about the commando and what did you do? went quiet and said nothing.

Oh and I have another screenshot for you, this time a nil nil huttball match so I had time to grav spam to my hearts content, ending with a lot more damage/kills than last time.

260k damage 48 kills 4 deaths 7 medals.

http://imageshack.us/f/703/screenshot2012012712225.jpg/

Sorry but no way you can defend the commando/merc when I'm admitting to just mainly grav spamming and storming the charts without half the effort I put in with my Guardian or Scoundrel.

Edit: Note the highest amount of kills on the enemy team was a Tracer spamming merc, I purposely went for him hense his nice tally of deaths.

Edit2: Quiet again I see, cannot say I'm suprised.

Ok, I'll bite because I'm bored. So you "proved" something by showing a screenshot of a level 21? Do you realize BioWare have said repeatedly that the game isn't balanced while leveling? Thus, your screenshot of your 21 commando proves absolutely nothing. Well done.

Edited by Halvos

If you spam force lightning you're doing it wrong. Force lightning is used as an 'auto attack' or free spell when you have nothing else to cast.

Are you serious? A autoattack? Thats even WORSE. Autoattack that does good damage slow and everything else that costa nothing but some skillpoints haha.

Lightning specced sorcerer,

If you cant kill a lightning specced sorcerer just delete your character. They have to stand still for all their dps casting skills and have 2 heals just like the madness variant.

Best part of the entire post. All the posts about nerfing Sorc automatically dont include full lightning spec. If the nerf comes, im safe since i either play lightning or full healing :p

Ok, I'll bite because I'm bored. So you "proved" something by showing a screenshot of a level 21? Do you realize BioWare have said repeatedly that the game isn't balanced while leveling? Thus, your screenshot of your 21 commando proves absolutely nothing. Well done.

Problem only compounds itself at level 50 since Grav Round and Tracer missle are improved in ammo/heat efficency, damage stacks (armor shread stacks quicker) and of course, the addition of demolition charge/hsm.

So no it doesn't get better, it actually gets worse, Grav round/Tracer is at it's "weakest" at 20 as this is when you first get it, most of the improvements come further into the tree.

Edited by Zarthorn

Alright. Let's assume both have spec:ed them in some way (because if they haven't, Overload will not root anyone). Force Charge is on a 15sec cooldown (12sec if spec:ed) and immobilizes the target for 2sec. Overload is on a 20sec cooldown.

Assuming a low response time, I use Overload immediately and you only get one attack in - Crippling Slash. You are knocked back a few meters (because I assume you position yourself away from a ledge) and rooted. You are then rooted for 2 more seconds as I run away and start nuking you (with 100% health, as you have not been able to do much yet and the root breaks after 2 seconds if damaged).

You use Obliterate and another Crippling Slash, I stun you and use Force Speed to get away, I then cast my Force Slow, so we are now both crawling at 50% speed (but yours will be active longer then mine). I DoT you and cast a Shock. It's super effective! 2k damage. Your Force Charge cooldown is gone, you use it and start to unleash as well and snare me again. Game, set, match.

Ofc, I can actually just run away and not try to damage you. That's always a solution.

Tips for beating a Sorcerer:

• Attack only when the first cast bubble. If they have bubble already up then it means they are already well into the cool down of being able to cast it again.
  • Melees never open with your gap closer. Biggest stupidest thing I see novices to in Warzones and PvP. It separates the newbs from those who can play their class. If you cannot walk up to them and hit first dont try hitting at all. Break line of sight and hit them when they aren't focusing you.
  • Melees use your damage mitigation skill. It easily lets you tank 1-2 rounds of Lightning or Telekenisis throw
  • Use your gap closer (Charge) when Sorcerers use their force speed.
  • Learn to use your resolve. After stun and a root your resolve bar will fill. Not to say that Bioware didn't break resolve last patch though.
  • Snipers use your cover to mitigate damage. Yes I know tanking the damage will hurt but for you, you need to play a game of who can kill faster by stacking adrenals and healing.
  • Sorcerers are very allergic to Grav-Round/Tracer-Missile spam, even when interrupted just back off for 4 seconds then keep spamming.
  • Do not fight sorcerers on ledges or any terrain where a Knockback will push you off or let them run.
  • Melees facing sorcerers need to learn how to do repeatedly sidestep forward and backwards or left/right when attacking. You need to force sorcerers to rotate their camera to hit you. Although good sorcerers can do this, it will help you against the baddies.
  • Learn to stack your damage bonus (guaranteed critical abilities for some classes like Juggernaughts) abilities for when the bubble bursts. Dont be stupid and stack your damage to break a bubble.

Edited by Yeochins

I play a Sage and im pretty good at it. I play alot of pvp so i recognize alot of the names i face every day. I have noticed a few less retarded players on the imperial side that always goes for me, backstabbing and whatnot. THAT is how you fight a Sage/sorc. I do a ******** of damage if im left alone, if they gang up close on me i have to pop everything i have to survive. Often i see people run past me and charge into the pile of people fighting to be able to use their awezome aeo spells, i love when that happens ;)

I would be one of those backstabbers ^.^;; Im also rather opportunistic and fall in behind someone chasing one my team mates to pile on damage while they are distracted. Works for me so far. I've not had any issues with any of the classes at all really.

Mostly boils down to picking your fights intelligently. Don't jump in half cocked, have a plan and make them work for you, not vice versa.

Why oh why do you keep bringing up light armor as a negative?

All it does is make you look like your grasping at straws.

Your thread is doing more for the pro-nerf crowd, than defending your class.

just saying.

So after yall get Sorcs/Sages nerfed, whats next on your hit list? I pray to god BW does not keep listening to these forums.

Bounty Hunter. Because you're obviously a fan. :D

On a serious note. All the threads will do is have them look into it. If they see an issue, they will address it.

Edited by jdnyc

• Attack only when the first cast bubble. If they have bubble already up then it means they are already well into the cool down of being able to cast it again.
    Means they need a longer CD then doesn't it?

• Melees never open with your gap closer. Biggest stupidest thing I see novices to in Warzones and PvP. It separates the newbs from those who can play their class. If you cannot walk up to them and hit first dont try hitting at all. Break line of sight and hit them when they aren't focusing you.
    LOL your suggestion is to tell a melee class to run and hide until the sorc isn't paying attention to you? Really?
  • Melees use your damage mitigation skill. It easily lets you tank 1-2 rounds of Lightning or Telekenisis throw
    Goes without saying. File under duh
  • Use your gap closer (Charge) when Sorcerers use their force speed.
    If it's up, sure. Telling melee to hold off on using the gap closer just to catch a fleeing sorc is dumb.
  • Learn to use your resolve. After stun and a root your resolve bar will fill. Not to say that Bioware didn't break resolve last patch though.
    You don't 'use' anything. It's either there or not. It either works or it doesn't

stopped caring at this point.

What is with all this marauder garbage im reading that they suck. Insane dmg, 99% dmg reduction, pummel, force push, 2 charges"cuhz of force push", saberward, force choke, and *********** VANISH *** LOL I have a 50 Juggernaut and **** sorcs eazy but god do I wish I made a marauder. Just go rage spec and you win herp derp. Edited by Traecoes

Sadly, sorcs and sages are going to get nerfed from the forum QQ. They are the most skill based class in the game right now imo (madness spec at least imo). They don't do high burst and they have to constantly be on the move to survive. People just see 400k damage at the end of a warzone and think it's amazing when a lot of that damage is utterly useless.

///coming from a non sorc/sage player

bah a trooper aoeing can pull that by just rolling his tongue on the keyboard

Seriously you people crying for sorc nerfs and crying that there are too many need to get a life.

Ooohhhhhhh, that's the reason lots of people are crying for sorc nerfs and saying there are too many of them - they have no life.

Well that makes perfect sense now. I mean, not having a life a well-known reason to cause outbursts of "Nerf sorcs!" and "There are too many sorcs!" Thanks for clearing that up for me OP, here I was always thinking it was the overpowered and overplayed aspects of the class that kept garnering those cries.

In other news OP is a douchebagel.

I laugh every time I see someone suggesting this to melee classes. Unless I'm playing against blind Sorc/Sages, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to run up to a Sorc/Sage. I will eat an entire Force Lightning, which slows by 50%, while trying to run to him. This also applies when facing Commandos/Mercs. Running at a Merc/Commando means I'm guaranteed to eat at least two Tracer Missle/Grav Rounds.

And please don't say "durrr go around and flank him." Again, the majority of my opponents are not complete morons that are completely new to MMOs that don't know how to use their camera. I wish I could face enemies this dumb.

The shield is the thing that puts them over the edge IMO.

Not only do they get heals, slow, 2 stuns, knockback and runspeed but also a very powerful shield.

I have no shame about grav round spamming sorcs because they have 6 ways to stop it and a single shield will block 2.5 shots.

"Oh noes they interupted my Inervate!" *Electrocutes and heals* *KB-Roots and Force Speeds* *Bubbles and heals* *Whirlwinds and laughs*

Also *cough* 10% base mitigation vs 5% base mitigation of a heavy armor user *cough* Nice try though.

Yea im sure it has nothing to do with sorcs having light armor and tanks having heavy armor which is increased up to 100% with proper tank specs. Lots of utitily that all is used to survive, not to face roll. The bubble is a joke in the 50 brackets, down in two seconds from any dps class and unless it explodes and stuns is not OP at all like everyone cries constantly.

Give me a break with the tank crybaby mitigation argument. I play both and the easiest proof that this is stupid is that tracer missle hits my sorc for 3k per hit and crits 5k+ where my tank gets hit for 1500 with 2500 to 3k crits pending on their build. Give some proof if you want this argument to be taken seriously.

All that being said, the hybrid spec sorcs played correctly need some kind of correction made most likely. I think this should come in the form of Bioware properly incentivising putting points all the way up one tree as opposed to the lets swing the nerf bat and break the game slowly but surely!

Couldnt be the force speed, static barrier or AOE Knockback with root?

Or the 5k crits with instant cast abilities, or the 5k heals with one second cast times?

No its because they look cool...

Is this what people really believe?

Posting a guide on how to kill a player class doesn't reaffirm your point that they are underpowered.

Raid bosses have guides on how to kill them, there are guides on how to do your taxes. People don't need a wall of text guide for things that they perceive to be easy to accomplish.

So the impression that you are giving by posting this guide is that sorcs are in fact op, and the player needs to take time aside from playing the game to read a drawn out guide on how to kill a sorc.

Mission accomplished?