Sorcs are not OP, heres how u fight them

OsirisZoran

I play a sorc in full champion gear as a healer, and yeah I cannot outheal any dps class in equivalent gear if they focus me and know what to interrupt. I can play hard to get at and I have to use everything at my disposal to survive. If left unchecked I can heal like a madman and give people a 2nd chance before they get burnt down.

Sounds about right to me.

If you cannot kill a sorc you are doing something wrong or you just need to get a few more pieces of gear.

I don't know why people complain about us healing when there are heavy armor users who can heal and get a lot more mitigation abilities then we do.

"Oh noes they interupted my Inervate!" *Electrocutes and heals* *KB-Roots and Force Speeds* *Bubbles and heals* *Whirlwinds and laughs*

Also *cough* 10% base mitigation vs 5% base mitigation of a heavy armor user *cough* Nice try though.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*snip* Currently, any DPS class can burst down a sorcerer and force them to heal (save your relics for when their shield is down and you see the white man debuff is up so you know they cant recast)....which is when you use your interupt. Dont interupt force lightning ever since they can use cast something else during the 4 seconds. The only have 1 4 second stun so use your CC break for that stun. If they whirlwind you it heals you. If they force run away save your stun, grip, root, etc and hit them as soon as they pop it, force run only lasts 2 seconds and it does not break stuns or roots.

Only if said DPS class is lucky enough to happen upon a sorcs that needs to L2P as well. Any sorc worth a damn will recognize the burst setup of classes and will time the shield to coincide with the incoming spike.

"Oh noes they interupted my Inervate!" *Electrocutes and heals* *KB-Roots and Force Speeds* *Bubbles and heals* *Whirlwinds and laughs*

Also *cough* 10% base mitigation vs 5% base mitigation of a heavy armor user *cough* Nice try though.

You realize defense is pretty much useless right?

You realize defense is pretty much useless right?

Base mitigation, not defence.

Base mitigation = the base amount of every bit of damage that you mitigate.

Defence = Your chance of outright evading/deflecting an attack (only works on weaponskill based)

except they are. But you can't take the baddie goggles off to see it. All you see is 400k leet dmg at the warzone end screen. Bad sorcs are incredibly easy to kill.

I'd love to see what class you think is the most skill based though.

marauder

Base mitigation, not defence.

Base mitigation = the base amount of every bit of damage that you mitigate.

Defence = Your chance of outright evading/deflecting an attack (only works on weaponskill based)

Except when you're naked and look at sorcs Defense stats tab. The only 'base' mitigation we have is 10% defense.

Unless you're counting class buff, which is not smart.

Edited by Nocorras

lawl whats the fuss about sorc/sages? it was my first class i created. Was fun to pvp with it when i was low level, but then after hitting 50 just get face rolled by other classes.

But then again sage doesn't suit my play style, i try to run into a group of players and act like a hero than stand back and fight

Except when you're naked and look at sorcs Defense stats tab. The only 'base' mitigation we have is 10% defense.

Unless you're counting class buff, which is not smart.

You said you didn't had a Sorcerer/Sage. Stop trolling. Your getting the nerf bat. Deal with it. Its to much now

You said you didn't had a Sorcerer/Sage. Stop trolling. Your getting the nerf bat. Deal with it. Its to much now

I have a lvl 10 sorc. Congratulations though. I really don't care all that much if sorcs get nerfed, easier for me to kill. It's just funny to see bad/below average players whine about a class that isn't even OP. I could also get on my assassin and look at the same exact stat and it would be the same. Not my fault players aren't knowledgeable about the game.

Of course if you someone doesn't agree with you. They're 'trolling', an easy cop-out.

Edited by Nocorras

Gladiator in wow

Yeah everyone and his dog was a gladiator in WoW, at least on teh Interwebz!!!11one

Oh noes, he's a gladiator from WoW. He is now totally legit and true, because he said he was gladiator in WoW. And because he said so it must be the truth, because noone is ever lying on teh Interwebz.

Sorcs should be nerfed. Because i was lead PvP designer in WoW,which makes my post totally legit.

See!

It must be true because i said so on teh interwebz.

Yeah everyone and his dog was a gladiator in WoW, at least on teh Interwebz!!!11one

Oh noes, he's a gladiator from WoW. He is now totally legit and true, because he said he was gladiator in WoW. And because he said so it must be the truth, because noone is ever lying on teh Interwebz.

Sorcs should be nerfed. Because i was lead PvP designer in WoW,which makes my post totally legit.

See!

It must be true because i said so on teh interwebz.

I really don't care what you think, but keep wasting forum space with useless posts. I'm not on the forums whining to get a class nerfed that isn't op. I'm well aware that people lie on the interwebz as you so eloquently put it.

Edited by Nocorras

I have a lvl 10 sorc. Congratulations though. I really don't care all that much if sorcs get nerfed, easier for me to kill. It's just funny to see bad/below average players whine about a class that isn't even OP. I could also get on my assassin and look at the same exact stat and it would be the same. Not my fault players aren't knowledgeable about the game.

Of course if you someone doesn't agree with you. They're 'trolling', an easy cop-out.

LOL. They need to start making the class (ranged in general) harder to play. The character will actully spin around while casting for you!! HOW more EASYMODE can it be? A melee who moves around to avoid getting hit by the ranged does not work. They can start by removing this ridiculous thing

LOL. They need to start making the class (ranged in general) harder to play. The character will actully spin around while casting for you!! HOW more EASYMODE can it be? A melee who moves around to avoid getting hit by the ranged does not work. They can start by removing this ridiculous thing

Yeah then pretty much no one would get a cast off on my assassin.

Haha the other day we run into a healer-healer sorc duo (left side in Civil Ware WZ)... so 2vs 2, none of us a healer. We had absolutely no way killing them, they've slowly burned us down even though we did everything humanly possible. Fortunately we were able to cap the turret at the beginning and get back in the fight in no time with the speeder, so we managed to keep the control point... but it was impossible to get rid of the healers. I have to add that the result might have been the very same with different types of healers.

Lol guyz if u see a sorc not dying, just look for the guy who put guard on sorc :) -5% dmg taken. 50% of dmg taken goes to guarding one... there u got a sorc taking only 47.5% dmg :p

alone.. a sorc dies quicker than anything.. if u cant kill it, u got a problem.

thats why sorcs wont be nerfed so easily, as bioware has all combat stats and info while u guyz whine :)

You only have to interrupt the big heal (Dark Infusion). If they use Revivification, you might have to hard CC it (interrupt would be down from interrupting Dark Infusion) not because that heals the Sorc for a lot, but if he's casting that it means someone else nearby definitely needs it so you should stop him from doing it. Dark Heal/Innervate basically don't matter. If interrupting it lets you kill them then do it, but otherwise just let him cast it since Dark Infusion is the heal he needs to cast to actually not die. Dark Heal/Innervate basically is canceled out by your DPS assuming equal gear.

The most devastating unique CC a Sorcerer may use is the KB that also roots you for 5 seconds. However such variants are common so I hope you have learned how to deal with it, and if your class has no way to deal with it you probably will lose badly to a lot of classes since every ranged has some kind of KB+snare or KB+root combo.

I really don't care what you think, but keep wasting forum space with useless posts. I'm not on the forums whining to get a class nerfed that isn't op.

Never said they should be nerfed.

I only find you are hilarious with your attiude, telling how much skill is needed for a class you are not playing on high level. As if anyone would believe you not playing sorc, because you are nerdraging in this thread quiete abit.

And how you were a gladiator in WoW! Comedy gold. Not playing a class and claiming to be a gladiator in WoW, makes your post look totally legit!

You are so funny, You really think you are somethign special. You really needed taht extra thread to tell all those baddies out there, that they don't have a clue. You didn't even play the class @ level 50, but you are writing a guide!

Pfffmuhahahahahahaha

I really don't care what you think, but keep wasting forum space with useless posts. I'm not on the forums whining to get a class nerfed that isn't op. I'm well aware that people lie on the interwebz as you so eloquently put it.

You can argue to your heart's content that sorcs aren't OP, but that doesn't change the fact that over 50% of players in wz is sorcs. The last two matches I've had it was 11 and 12 sorcs in Huttball. Sorcs being OP or not, and that you can easily do this and that to kill them is totally IRRELEVANT.

The matter of fact is, that when one AC out of 16 is so dominant, something have to be done. It isn't supposed to be that way. They are dominant for a reason. And it isn't because they are cool, since the coolness factor is highly subjective.

You can be sure that the devs see this as well, and will do something about it. Whether you like it or not.

Edited by Saiwen

Never said they should be nerfed.

I only find you are hilarious with your attiude, telling how much skill is needed for a class you are not playing on high level. As if anyone would believe you not playing sorc, because you are nerdraging in this thread quiete abit.

And how you were a gladiator in WoW! Comedy gold. Not playing a class and claiming to be a gladiator in WoW, makes your post look totally legit!

You are so funny, You really think you are somethign special. You really needed taht extra thread to tell all those baddies out there, that they don't have a clue. You didn't even play the class @ level 50, but you are writing a guide!

Pfffmuhahahahahahaha

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Nocoras/statistic#21:152

Bro. That's before rating inflation in Season 6. Didn't play after that because pvp in that game sucks. I love how I'm 'nerd raging' in this thread.

I said sorcs have the highest skill cap in the game.

Also. I'm not the one 'writing the guide' I'm not the original poster. Feel free to stick your foot directly in your mouth.

Edited by Nocorras

You're all so proud that you can't admit that you just get outplayed by players.. NERF OPS, SORCS AND MERCS Q_Q Q_Q Q_Q There- I've just summed up 75% of the pvp threads.

I really don't understand... Just grab your sorc friend and duel them where they don't fight back at all. Watch how fast they drop.

Do people not understand that? Low survivability gets high utility. They need their shields, high healing, pushback snare. Without them, they're a joke. It's like everyone is hellbent to make every class but their's useless...

Edited by coolnamesrtaken

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Nocoras/statistic#21:152

Bro. That's before rating inflation in Season 6. Didn't play after that because pvp in that game sucks. I love how I'm 'nerd raging' in this thread.

I said sorcs have the highest skill cap in the game.

Oh now proof that you actually were a gladiator in WoW, and this makes your post totally legit. :rolleyes:

Look he was good in WoW. And becuase this is WOW... eh. wait... ths is not WoW, it'S Swtor.

And how did you even think that anyone were interested in those informations in the first place. You are still hilarious!

Oh now proof that you actually were a gladiator in WoW, and this makes your post totally legit. :rolleyes:

Look he was good in WoW. And becuase this is WOW... eh. wait... ths is not WoW, it'S Swtor.

And how did you even think that anyone were interested in those informations in the first place. You are still hilarious!

Yawn. Your posts are weaker every time. Honestly you were fun for a while, but you're really not worth the time now.

I also like how it took you 10+ minutes to reply to my post after you started typing, I know this because I edited twice and you were either too embarrassed to add the last part or took 10 minutes to respond.

Edited by Nocorras

You're all so proud that you can't admit that you just get outplayed by players.. NERF OPS, SORCS AND MERCS Q_Q Q_Q Q_Q There- I've just summed up 75% of the pvp threads.

I really don't understand... Just grab your sorc friend and duel them where they don't fight back at all. Watch how fast they drop.

Do people not understand that? Low survivability gets high utility. They need their shields, high healing, pushback snare. Without them, they're a joke. It's like everyone is hellbent to make every class but their's useless...

So, why do you think Sorcs is by far the most preferred class to play in WZ?

And by you reasoning, I as a marauder, should have all those utilities as well then? Since my survivability is even lower, me being a melee fighter and all with medium armor and no heals.