Sorcs are not OP, heres how u fight them

OsirisZoran

I wonder what is your problem with OP/ not OP classes..

I'm not sayin its perfectly balaced but the game was just released..

Remember the times when everyone said that operatives are OP ... I ALWAYS EAT THEM LIKE A COOKIE on 1v1 (both of us are level 50 with pvp gear) .. I'm juggernaut dps btw..

Sorcs ? the same ... ofc sometimes I get pwned on 1v1 , I'm not sayin I'm like a demigod or something, its just that there isnt any class that you cannot kill.. I'm usualy having problems with vanguards tanks on 1v1, but who doesn't have problem with tank on 1v1 ? ;)But also sometimes I eat them up quiet fast it they dont have full BM gear, and are not fully buffed ;) Its all about skill.. you can stand against fully geared any class in BM and you can down him pretty easily if he is total idiot that was just lucky with the stuff.. or you can get owned by centurion geared newcomer even if you are full in BM gear if he is like pvp god.. gear makes differences, but not the biggest onces..

Sorc for me means only to dps pass his shield, then he goes down in 4-5 hits even if he is full champ gear (I have that kind of gear).

So stop blaming BW for not balancing classes and l2p ;)

BW made alot of mistakes but you cannot blame them for unbalancing pvp when the game is just released...

And yes, come and shoot your dirty words on me

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of feel sorry for sorcs and consulars, the bubble is the only thing that needs some addressing. they get too much stick. Bounty hunters and troopers (both ac's) and operatives scoundrels are the problem areas. the high population particularly of sorcs is scewing the issue a bit.

I wonder what is your problem with OP/ not OP classes..

I'm not sayin its perfectly balaced but the game was just released..

Remember the times when everyone said that operatives are OP ... I ALWAYS EAT THEM LIKE A COOKIE on 1v1 (both of us are level 50 with pvp gear) .. I'm juggernaut dps btw..

Sorcs ? the same ... ofc sometimes I get pwned on 1v1 , I'm not sayin I'm like a demigod or something, its just that there isnt any class that you cannot kill.. I'm usualy having problems with vanguards tanks on 1v1, but who doesn't have problem with tank on 1v1 ? ;)But also sometimes I eat them up quiet fast it they dont have full BM gear, and are not fully buffed ;) Its all about skill.. you can stand against fully geared any class in BM and you can down him pretty easily if he is total idiot that was just lucky with the stuff.. or you can get owned by centurion geared newcomer even if you are full in BM gear if he is like pvp god.. gear makes differences, but not the biggest onces..

Sorc for me means only to dps pass his shield, then he goes down in 4-5 hits even if he is full champ gear (I have that kind of gear).

So stop blaming BW for not balancing classes and l2p ;)

BW made alot of mistakes but you cannot blame them for unbalancing pvp when the game is just released...

And yes, come and shoot your dirty words on me

Lol seriously, that is because the dps juggernaut is the counter of the OP/scoundrel. Also, try killing a full BM with your newcommer gear and youse all the skill you got.. Still wont work since you cant even crit. Nice try on acting pro though

Edited by Koendewit

Hey OP, here is an unbiased opinion of a sorcerer.

Now before we even start i need to point out that I AM A SORCERER!!!!!!

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccMRdMrZcrcRsMk.1

I have so Much utility it is absurd.

Knock back : Roots targets

Shield : Absorbs around 3000 Then when it breaks it blinds EVERYONE around you

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Whirlwind: Instant 10 sec CC. When it breaks it stuns for 2 seconds.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

HP: 15810

WP: 1615

Expertise: 460 (9.62%)

Crit: 26.29%

Surge: 72.39%

Alacrity: 10.03%

Bonus Damage: 673.1

Bonus Healing: 484.8

Flame On!!!

it was just an example.. i also said I can down sorcerors/sages easily aswell ..

Yes but still you can dream all you want with your skill but gear is definately the ruling factor in this games pvp. A newcommer cant kill a full BM in a 1v1, period.

Hey OP, here is an unbiased opinion of a sorcerer.

he isnt putting out that damage on alderaan or Huttball. Void star ANYONE can put out that much damage AOE and what not.

He isn't doing anything special that any other class in gear is doing. He isn't blowing people up in 4 Cooldowns. He is definitely getting Dirt napped by every other class with gear i can garauntee you that.

He skirts away from the healing when in actuality as that spec that he is it isnt very effective at all.

All he's proven is that sorcerers can do a lot of damage with AOE on void star.

Perhaps you should go see the screen shot of the BH power tech doing 792k on void star.

let me guess, void star? and no he is not putting out 2-300k and 700k healing.

I think you need a reality check because every class pretty much revolves around a 4 ability rotation to deal damage.

Good thing BioWare is not going to nerf a class base on forum post from a unknow random troll.

Sorc/Sage has been the major QQ focus since beta because of the amount of low level/skill melee player in this game, they are usually confuse and misinform about sage/sorc class and half of them didn't even know their skill tree well enough to post.

Also Dev has already state their approach to forum nerf outcry posts.

[*]We make our balancing decisions based on a combination of internal and external testing and metrics. We don't make decisions based on who is the loudest on the forums. Community feedback is valuable in bringing issues to our attention and even to highlight possible solutions, which means that well written, constructive posts are the most effective way to communicate your wishes and feedback to us, rather than petitions and calls to nerf specific classes.

[*]Please understand that balance issues during the leveling process are different than issues at level 50 and are handled in different ways. If you feel your class has issues during your journey to 50, especially communicate the level range and area of the game where you are experiencing issues to aid our investigations. Player versus Player situations in during the leveling process are not always balanced at every level (a mathematical impossibility), but we are always willing to investigate.

-- Georg

So sage/sorc nerf incoming just because some player don't know what they are talking about and making up numbers?

Nope, I don't think so.

Everybody is asking for evidence because people like you are making claims you can't prove. And yes, if your commando only does 200K dmg you suck at PVP...

Yes because a level 21 is capable of 400k damage derpderp, sorry but I'm playing for wins here kid not e-peen numbers, but if you must insist on screenies, heres one of alderaan 180k 28 kills 3 deaths and 8 medals and I spent most of the match defending the left turret.

http://imageshack.us/f/401/screenshot2012012711175.jpg/

Easiest class ever

Edited by Zarthorn

I have to add that the result might have been the very same with different types of healers.

A good mercenary healer, can hold out a good 25 seconds+ against 4 people, 2 of them, significantly longer

Edited by Adzzy

I play a lvl 50 sorc trying to find out the best spec to play with about 1/3 champ gear and I get rolled fast. My lvl 25 sniper on the other hand I do more dmg with and take less deaths and have more kills on even solo killing several higher lvl in the different wzs. I admit at lower levels running a duo with my g/fs sin with our 2 npc pets my sorc would do more dmg and even able to solo/pet kills things she couldn't while we are at the same lvls. ITs been my experience with the other games I have played that what seems op at lower levels isn't always op at high end. Look at the Sin from eq2 they became deadly around level 55 with the right gear and spec. The Brigand from eq2 was owning low level pvp till around 70 when the other classes would pick up. Rock paper scissors people.

I play a lvl 50 sorc trying to find out the best spec to play with about 1/3 champ gear and I get rolled fast. My lvl 25 sniper on the other hand I do more dmg with and take less deaths and have more kills on even solo killing several higher lvl in the different wzs. I admit at lower levels running a duo with my g/fs sin with our 2 npc pets my sorc would do more dmg and even able to solo/pet kills things she couldn't while we are at the same lvls. ITs been my experience with the other games I have played that what seems op at lower levels isn't always op at high end. Look at the Sin from eq2 they became deadly around level 55 with the right gear and spec. The Brigand from eq2 was owning low level pvp till around 70 when the other classes would pick up. Rock paper scissors people.

Again with this argument.......one third of champ gear does not = Full battlemaster.

Of course you get rolled, you are playing against players in full BM armor when you are only a one third of the way through your set and thus are not anywhere near there expertise % nor raw stats.

Listen, its pretty simple.

Take two classes. They both have roughly the same HP, as armor type doesn't mean squat in this game. One of the class is ranged with lots of utilities like heal, bubble, knockbacks, roots and stuns while the other is melee without heal, bubble, knockbacks and roots. Both classes do the same damage, but of course melee class have to be in melee to do damage at all.

Which class would you prefer?

Who in their right mind would choose a pure dps class like marauder in this? There's a reason why 50%+ players in WZ are sorcs

Edited by Saiwen

Incorrect strat vs healing sorcs.

A geared healing sorc WILL straight up solo more than half the classes in game. They can survive pretty much any class 1vs1 (perhaps not a maurader) indefinately, and have a few instant cast damage abilities.

More than half the classes in game do not have any type of heal. This means that the sorc can simple keep using the instant cast damage abilities, and slowly whittle the oponent away.

So in other words, the correct strat for half the classes playing against a healing sorc, is just to run away.

I disagree. I'm in nearly full Champion gear (missing the weapon) and healing-spec:ed (have been for a long time, with small bouts of hybrid-spec:ing). Marauders will tear you apart if you cannot create some range to them (quite hard to do, since their gap closer is on a really small cooldown). The same is true for stealth classes, for the same reason. They pick the fight so you'll always be at a disadvantage.

As a healer you have access to the shield and your HoT. Those are the things keeping you alive. Period. You might get some breathing room, when the channeled heal can be used, but against a skilled opponent that is rare.

There simply is no time to "whittle away" the opponent. Sure, you can keep yourself alive, sometimes against multiple enemies for a long period of time, but you won't be doing any damage to them. This may still be a valid strategy, if there are friends there chopping away at the enemy. But it will not win you a victory alone.

The only time when I find myself killing people 1vs1, are either very tight and quite long fights, or if the enemy is under-geared and doesn't really can't do much to begin with. Either way, the best way to deal with healers is to harass them, so they can't heal their friends. If you do that, half the battle is won. It doesn't matter if you kill the healer or not, because you've taken him out of the fight.

Listen, its pretty simple.

Take two classes. They both have roughly the same HP, as armor type doesn't mean squat in this game. One of the class is ranged with lots of utilities like heal, bubble, knockbacks, roots and stuns while the other is melee without heal, bubble, knockbacks and roots. Both classes do the same damage, but of course melee class have to be in melee to do damage at all.

Which class would you prefer?

Who in their right mind would choose a pure dps class like marauder in this? There's a reason why 50%+ players in WZ are sorcs

You conveniently forgot that those melee classes have gap closers, and that a class like the Marauder will tear apart a class like the Sorcerer if he/she can't get some distance between them. But I guess that doesn't factor into your equation?

Also. Armor do mean a lot. The difference is about 20% in damage reduction (most heavy hitting attacks are kinetic or energy, not elemental or internal).

This nothing but another sorc who is trying to maintain their op status. Bottom line, sorcs are op. No class in any MMO should be able to DPS on par with pure dps AC's and then run away when things got too hot and cast 3 heals back to 100% health. On top of these things have a bubble that can be semi-spammed. All the sorcs that are crying for people to L2P need to grow up and realize that the nerf bat is comming, sooner or later. Just means that the majority of you will actually have to do more than "dot dot lightning spam".

There's a reason why 50%+ players in WZ are sorcs

Yea, and that reason is because of lightning. Was the same way in beta. People need to stop using this as if it is some kind smoking gun or something. It's just flat out wrong.

This nothing but another sorc who is trying to maintain their op status. Bottom line, sorcs are op. No class in any MMO should be able to DPS on par with pure dps AC's and then run away when things got too hot and cast 3 heals back to 100% health. On top of these things have a bubble that can be semi-spammed. All the sorcs that are crying for people to L2P need to grow up and realize that the nerf bat is comming, sooner or later. Just means that the majority of you will actually have to do more than "dot dot lightning spam".

What class can do this?

Sadly, sorcs and sages are going to get nerfed from the forum QQ. They are the most skill based class in the game right now imo (madness spec at least imo). They don't do high burst and they have to constantly be on the move to survive. People just see 400k damage at the end of a warzone and think it's amazing when a lot of that damage is utterly useless.

///coming from a non sorc/sage player

There is no equivalence between sorc and sage.

You conveniently forgot that those melee classes have gap closers, and that a class like the Marauder will tear apart a class like the Sorcerer if he/she can't get some distance between them. But I guess that doesn't factor into your equation?

Also. Armor do mean a lot. The difference is about 20% in damage reduction (most heavy hitting attacks are kinetic or energy, not elemental or internal).

You conveniently left out the part about sorc bubble having almost no cd and if a maruader does use their one gap closer u simply root/stun or w/e force speed to max range bubble and start the process over again.

lol so you're complaining that you were beating a sorcrer so bad that you forced them to run away and heal up?

OH THE TRAGEDY!

btw, if you just FOLLOWED the sorcerer you would end up interupting their 3rd heal. Also in WZ they generally end up running into other enemy players or friendly players. Its all very situational. I've force ran multiple times to heal up only to die mid force run or get grappled, stunned, rooted.

Also it takes about 4-6 heals for a dps specced sorcerer to heal from 10% to full. It also depletes their force pool.

lol how can something be SEMI SPAMMED??? either it is or it isnt.

btw sorcerer isnt the only class that can deal damage and heal.

Edited by OsirisZoran

Battlemaster. I say again, what class can do what you said? It isn't sorcs. If you think that, then you are a horrible PVPer. PVP is about knowing other classes, not taking a wild guess and crying for a nerf.

Troll detected, I put evidence to you about the commando and what did you do? went quiet and said nothing.

Oh and I have another screenshot for you, this time a nil nil huttball match so I had time to grav spam to my hearts content, ending with a lot more damage/kills than last time.

260k damage 48 kills 4 deaths 7 medals.

http://imageshack.us/f/703/screenshot2012012712225.jpg/

Sorry but no way you can defend the commando/merc when I'm admitting to just mainly grav spamming and storming the charts without half the effort I put in with my Guardian or Scoundrel.

Edit: Note the highest amount of kills on the enemy team was a Tracer spamming merc, I purposely went for him hense his nice tally of deaths.

Edit2: Quiet again I see, cannot say I'm suprised.

Edited by Zarthorn