Sorcs are not OP, heres how u fight them

OsirisZoran

3) wide array of abilities that we MUST USE in order to have a chance of survival.

Now the reason you people think sorcs are OP is because many people play them. This DOES NOT MAKE THEM OP. IT JUST MAKES THEM POPULAR.

The people "rerolling" sorc because they think they're "OP" are in for a shocking surprise when you enter the lvl 50 Warzone bracket. You're going to be demolished by just about every class quite easily and not enjoy pvp until you actually get yourself in full champion gear.

While I can appreciate you trying to defend your class, your Imp goggles are impeding you from seeing the class without bias.

You are correct about gear. Most Sorcs without gear will get wrecked, but as someone already mentioned, that's the case for any class regardless of faction, not just Sorcs.

The reason Sorcs are popular is because they are ezmode. Having fought against numerous Sorcs, the majority of them do not play the way you describe. They are really just 3-4 button monkeys, depending on whether they are dps or healz. If they are DPS: bubble - spam lightning - dot - repeat. If they are Healz: bubble - spam healz - repeat. Of course, they will mix in some CC from time to time so they can kite and pop another bubble.

That is the problem with Sorcs. That is why they will be nerfed. That bubble is just over the top. It's not the bubble itself, but the cooldown. With gear it's a dps threshold immunity on a 12s cooldown. I don't advocate the nerfing of any class, but all things being even, that bubble is just stupid. It needs it's cooldown to be increased by 25-30 secs. Then Sorcs will actually have to use their array of abilities to survive. Right now, they don't.

Edited by DarthOvertone

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can appreciate you trying to defend your class, your Imp goggles are impeding you from seeing the class without bias.

You are correct about gear. Most Sorcs without gear will get wrecked, but as someone already mentioned, that's the case for any class regardless of faction, not just Sorcs.

The reason Sorcs are popular is because they are ezmode. Having fought against numerous Sorcs, the majority of them do not play the way you describe. They are really just 3-4 button monkeys, depending on whether they are dps or healz. If they are DPS: bubble - spam lightning - dot - repeat. If they are Healz: bubble - spam healz - repeat. Of course, they will mix in some CC from time to time so they can kite and pop another bubble.

That is the problem with Sorcs. That is why they will be nerfed. That bubble is just over the top. It's not the bubble itself, but the cooldown. With gear it's a dps threshold immunity on a 12s cooldown. I don't advocate the nerfing of any class, but all things being even, that bubble is just stupid. It needs it's cooldown to be increased by 25-30 secs. Then Sorcs will actually have to use their array of abilities to survive. Right now, they don't.

I call BS- I beat & been beaten by sorc on my sorc, I can say the same about every class I play against. Its about skill & I think no matter what class I play against you, I will win.. because I think people like you wont/don't take the time to better your personal skills. Instead you troll forums demanding Buff/Nerfs. Find ways not suck. Use the tools your class is given and find out what works. Make sure your post is based on 1v1. I doubt you ever really fought 1v1 against a sorc..there is always someone there blasting from a distance or healing..

I call BS- I beat & been beaten by sorc on my sorc, I can say the same about every class I play against. Its about skill & I think no matter what class I play against you, I will win.. because I think people like you wont/don't take the time to better your personal skills. Instead you troll forums demanding Buff/Nerfs. Find ways not suck. Use the tools your class is given and find out what works. Make sure your post is based on 1v1. I doubt you ever really fought 1v1 against a sorc..there is always someone there blasting from a distance or healing..

What? No troll at all. Not demanding a nerf at all, but it's coming because it makes perfect sense.

And come at me bro. I'll wreck face all over your clown toon and teabag you when I'm done.

Sadly, sorcs and sages are going to get nerfed from the forum QQ. They are the most skill based class in the game right now imo (madness spec at least imo). They don't do high burst and they have to constantly be on the move to survive. People just see 400k damage at the end of a warzone and think it's amazing when a lot of that damage is utterly useless.

///coming from a non sorc/sage player

LOL just like Scoundrels did... welcome to the club. People not knowing what they are talking about calling scoundrels a 2 button killer machine when there is a lot more to it then just that. But hey... many of the people who were QQing were sorcs so Meh... no love.

What? No troll at all. Not demanding a nerf at all, but it's coming because it makes perfect sense.

And come at me bro. I'll wreck face all over your clown toon and teabag you when I'm done.

LOL! Nice! You found a way to use Clown & Teabag together. Well done +10 for creativity :D

If specced as a hybrid, yes, they have a lot of CC. And as I said, the real problem (as I see it) is that Overload's root-spec is too good while not being affected by Resolve.

Still, Sorcerer's are very fragile, especially caught with their CC-breaker on cooldown (which is always :p). If they can't get away, they die.

Yes this is true but what I am saying is so many of their skills have to be on cd before they become "easy". A sniper vs someone of equal gear and skill with no cc break = gg. For a class that can heal themselves no matter what spec they are to have so many cc abilities is retarded when there is no DMR on cc's.

i found a proper way to beat sorc is to mitigate early with shield and build up damage slowly, provoking them to stay not to run away. then when i am below 2k i force their control break by choke, then enure + force push charge full burst.

DPS sorcs are no problem if you can jump on them and control them. a proper healing sorc is indestructable machine of death. you cant kill it, you cant catch it if she knows what she is doing. and if you leave her for seconds she heals herslef full then proceed healing teammates.

I think sorc/sorc sage is the hardest to kill/control healer simply due to 2 skills - shield + sprint. No other healer have an option of getting distance so easily. and i foresee it will be changed, its fun for now but in competitive PvP its too strong.