Best to worst. PVP Classes. In your opinions.

Derity

Loving how low Marauders are on most peeps lists to fear ^^

If you don't fear marauders, you've never seen a good one! :D

There are like less than half a dozen on even Heavy pop servers.

Sorc/Sage

PT/Van

Merc/Comm

Assassin/Shadow

Op/Scoundrel

Jugg/Guardian

Mara/Sentinel

Sniper/Slinger

Note that hybrids who can heal and/or guard are topping that list.

I mean honestly if you figured out who has the most ranged dps, gap closers, etc, that list is actually self-explanatory.

Edited by Talkative

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it kinda funny that most ppl think snipers/gunslingers are bad for pvp. I love when ppl ignore me just to be killed seconds after, then another funny thing is when they try to chase me around to get revenge and fail to do objectives at the same time.

I may die fast when focused fired but it doesn't stop me from doing weekly on ilum in like 25 mins.

I play a grav round spammer and almost always get top damage.

The only things that beat me consistently are geared gunslingers, occasionally scoundrels and sometimes sages if I am getting killed a lot.

Aside from gear, guarded healers are the strongest thing to beat in WZs.

Sniper is at the end. What's weird about the few snipers that are out there, is they are actually pretty decent. Sith Marauder/Jedi Sentinel are typically pretty powerful based on the skill of the player. If the player is unskilled they are pretty bad. It is an unforgiving class.

5-9 meters in this lag fest? Good luck!

Also marauders are really REALLY strong. I use to think they were trash until a few decent ones started showing up on my server. I don't know if it's due to them scaling really well with gear or not but man those *********** hurt.

Gniak Gniak.

Yeah, it's a lag and fps issue fest (esp in VOidStar, when you're next to the doors) sometimes.

Marauders, if you can keep them slowed/stun'd/mezz'd and so on are not a major threat. Just keep them in range like I said. If they're not very skilled and/or with a good spec/gear for pvp, they'll just flee or be killed.

But good Marauders keep poping on my serv too, nearly more of them than Sorc TBH :eek:

If played right, it can deal a good chunk of damage and take only half life as damage.

you will fear the jugg when he smash crits you for 7k in your face

Pics or it didn't happen. Even before biochem nerf and with full champ' +some BM gear, the best Marauders could get was just over 6K.

I know I can get to 5K5 nowadays, but 7K I call BS sir.

Loving how low Marauders are on most peeps lists to fear ^^

If you don't fear marauders, you've never seen a good one! :D

I'm depressing when I cross lightsabers with fellow Empire pvp'rs on HuttBall or some of the most skilled Sages in Alderan. I know that they know I'm able to pull the max damage+some control if I'm left doing my stuff around and/or healed :(

(No, I'm not showing off, I do the same to them, if I'm the lead I mark the top healer or DD in the opposing team, for me as a sign to focus and hoping my team can help me in this job :D )

Wow like every single person have listed Sniper as the bottom of the barrel. I always seem to get tops or close to it and it is nice when people ignore me completely as I stack shots on them. Lots of what makes the class better or worse in pvp is how simple the class is to play and Mercenary and Sorc are easy mode compared to all others so even the bad kids can play with some skill since there is so little needed.

Strongest - Sorc

2ND best - Mercenary

Weakest - Marauder

Wow like every single person have listed Sniper as the bottom of the barrel. I always seem to get tops or close to it and it is nice when people ignore me completely as I stack shots on them. Lots of what makes the class better or worse in pvp is how simple the class is to play and Mercenary and Sorc are easy mode compared to all others so even the bad kids can play with some skill since there is so little needed.

Strongest - Sorc

2ND best - Mercenary

Weakest - Marauder

From the perspective of an assassin, mercs and sorcs are pushovers. As far as ranged classes go, good snipers put up the biggest fight. It's just simply harder to be good with a sniper than it is to be good with sorc or merc. Add to that the fact that sniper is the least played class, and seeing a well played sniper is like seeing an unicorn. I'm currently full battlemaster and I've seen maybe 2 skilled snipers in my entire PvP career.

Currently have a rank 55 Mercenary but want to try another class for PvP.

But i can't decide between Juggernaut, Sorc and Powertech.

With which class would i be able to have most fun against other geared people while my gear wouldn't be the best? (In some weeks i won't have too much time farming gear :( )

Pics or it didn't happen. Even before biochem nerf and with full champ' +some BM gear, the best Marauders could get was just over 6K.

I know I can get to 5K5 nowadays, but 7K I call BS sir.

Want to see 14k dmg in a moment with a 10k crit from a Guardian, look here:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mnqjbs.png

And here is a video about a Marauder with quiete high dmg in a moment:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=152177

Edited by BobaFurz

Most feared? Sorcerers/Sages. Great damage, most CC/Knockbacks/Stuns out of all classes, Shields, Heals, Spring, everything.

Least feared? Sentinals/Marauders. I never seen any and when I do they tend to die a lot and not accomplish anything.

I agree with the sentinels/marauders. They worry me the least.

the guys with guns are the most trouble.

the guys that crouch with shields or the big armored bastards.

those guys are annoying.

the lightning guys... eh. they have nice soft backsides.

I agree with the sentinels/marauders. They worry me the least.

the guys with guns are the most trouble.

the guys that crouch with shields or the big armored bastards.

those guys are annoying.

the lightning guys... eh. they have nice soft backsides.

BH (any spec)

Sorc

Juggs - Ops

Assassins - Marauders - Snipers

Different between 1v1 and group v group

1v1

Vanguard/Powertech Assault spec

Operative/Scoundrel

Juggernaut/Guardian dps specced

Shadow/Assassin tank specced

Gunslinger/Sniper

Marauder/Sentinel

Sage/Inquisitor dps

Commando/BH Assault spec

Commando/BH Gunnery spec

group vs group

Vanguard/Powertech Assault spec

Sage/Inquisitor dps

Marauder/Sentinel

Commando/BH Gunnery spec

Gunslinger/Sniper

Commando/BH Assault spec

Juggernaut/Guardian dps specced

Shadow/Assassin tank specced

Operative/Scoundrel

Edited by SeloDaoC

I think the question is rather subjective as there are many aspects of PvP and being best or worst is often simplified to just DPS. Some classes are really good at specific things, but for all around best at various different aspects I would say sage/sorc is likely at or near the top of the list most of the times and thus in my opinion the most well rounded class. I think they are likely probably the easiest class to play as well.

Sin/Shadow I think is the bottom of the list. A well played one is still effective, but I think they have to give their all to be that way, rather then say just spamming telekinetic throw/force lightening.

Any class forced to sit still to do any amount of reasonable damage is bantha poodoo. Gunslingers are just sad. They need a stealth while immobile or need to have the under cover req to do thier damage dropped.

Ops and sorcs are crazy tough. Sorcs are just obvious about it.