Major lag spikes

peaceandpassion

Your choice to put servers in Ireland and to use Akamai will come back and bite your behind.

akamai I can understand from a CDN perspective,

but locating the game servers in ireland, as opposed to amsterdam / frankfurt i just cannot fathom.

For an online multiplayer game, server connectivity is NOT somewhere you can save money on.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solar flare ftl!!!!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I play out in the field in northern Canada using a 3G mobile stick. Usually have no problem getting a signal, but for the last 2 days I've had massive lag spikes near 30-40k ms. Everything else on the internet works fine. Just can't play SWTOR. And they happen every few minutes. Figured the solar flare had somethin to do with it. Who knows? But it sure sucks right now. :(

Well i'm having lag spikes on peak serve hours Hex Droid EU .

Peak spike from 65ms - 60k ms - my router disconnects from internet provider.

Off peak spike - 50ms to 1000ms - lasts about 10 seconds - happens every 2-3 minutes.

Bought and set up a new router but that did not resolve the problem.

No disconnects or lags in any other games i play, next step is to change internet provider, but i'm waiting until weekend so i can perform more tests to see why i have this problem.

Massive lag spikes appeared about 2-3weeks ago ... had absolutely NO problems in beta/ early access/ first 3 weeks of play.

Hex Droid Server / EU / Romania / RDS internet provider / PPPoE

PS: most spikes happen when in a battleground, i get disconnected in half of them.

Edited by MichaelKage