Playable and Companion species suggestion checklist thread

Vitas

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to vote for Sullustan

And i would like to see Voss added to the list, in the Planet story of Voss we could bring some failed Mysticans to the Jedi Order, so it would make sense to add them in an Addon for JK, JC, SI and SW. They should be unlockable with Legacy, for example lvl 45 + 1,5 millionen Dollars, so they would be not so common.

I can't think of very many places in the game that species is mentioned by name.

No, but Bioware got this weirdo idea that aliens like wookiee's etc. are super werid and people act super weird arond them, i dont know where they came up with this...

Wookiee's cant be jedi, George says so.

George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe.[14][15] Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction. Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka are the only existing Wookiee Jedi characters (though an unnamed Wookiee in Edge of Victory: Conquest appears to be an unknown Jedi student rather than Lowbacca), as they were developed before this policy was enacted.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

I really really love this game.

BUT.. there is one thing that really disappointed me right from the beginning. The lack of playable species.

I mean come on.

This is Star Wars.

There are lots and lots of species in Star Wars. There are even loads of them in the game already.

Give us options. Give us diversity. ;)

Wookiee's cant be jedi, George says so.

George Lucas has decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe.[14][15] Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction. Kirlocca, Lowbacca, and Tyvokka are the only existing Wookiee Jedi characters (though an unnamed Wookiee in Edge of Victory: Conquest appears to be an unknown Jedi student rather than Lowbacca), as they were developed before this policy was enacted.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

Lucas wants no more Wookiee Jedi in established canon. The player's species is in no way canonical making it acceptable for BioWare to allow players to create Wookiee Jedi. The only canon which is established about the player is their class, companions and story; not their species or gender.

In Star Wars Galaxies, players were allowed to create Wookiee Jedi because anything that was player created was non-canonical.

However I don't believe this policy is in practice anymore since just recently, the Dawn of the Jedi series introduced a Wookiee Jedi (or more specifically, Je'daii) named Ruhr.

Edited by Vitas

BioWare is on record stating that species that are "too alien" (ie. non-humanoid or a humanoid that doesn't fit the proportions of the current species, and/or does not have the ability to speak Basic) will never be added as a playable species... at least, for the classes that exist currently. For Ithorians, Wookiees and the like, they would have to create an entirely new class to do the species justice. Do not expect that to happen soon.

I would remove any species that do not fit the current "regular-sized humanoid" to their own category.

I like this list, and the time you've spent putting it together, though human is one of the larger occupants of the star wars galaxy, I would LOVE to see a ton more options not only to play with myself, but to see a lot more unique variety from other players! Modification of fitting armor and helms however could take quite a bit of time. There are still some issues about the Twilek with that. Edited by Xoza

Shistavanens! Heres a class reference they could be!

0:25-0:35

JK right there, Voovif Monn ftw!

--------------

Anyway they could also be smugglers, bounty hunters, JC, maybe also SI, and maybe troopers.

Can read more in the wiki link in my sig, they can speak basic, and wear clothing that a human could. Their faces aren't that bizarre, so romance could possibly work.

I'll stick my two pence in for TOGRUTA as well. Easily one of the best looking character races. If they can do Twi'lek, then Togruta should be easy.

They can easily be accommodated as both Jedi classes, and as Troopers too (c.f the Togruta NPC contingent on Hoth).

Not in-game (or not prevalent), not likely.

Not humanoid, even less likely.

Popular candidates

*Bothan - IA, JC, JK, SM, TR

*Cathar 2 - JC, JK, SM, SW, TR

*Falleen 1 - BH, IA, JC, JK, SI, SM, SW, TR

*Ithorian 2 - JC, JK, SM, TR

*Kaleesh 2 - BH, IA, SI, SW

*Kel Dor 2 - JC, JK

*Mon Calamari 2 - JC, JK, TR

*Nautolan 2 - BH, JC, JK, SM, SW, TR

*Rodian 2 - BH, IA, JC, JK, SI, SM, SW, TR

*Selkath 2 - BH, JC, JK, SM?, SW, TR?

*Sullustan 2 - JC, JK, SM, TR

*Taung - BH, TR? -EXTINCT AS OF REVAN KILLING THE LAST ONE

*Togruta 1, 2 - JC, JK

*Trandoshan 2 - BH, JK, SM, TR

*Wookiee 2 - BH?, JK, JC, SM, TR

*Zeltron 1 - BH, IA, JC, JK, SI, SM, SW, TR

Should be in "popular," given, their existence and prevalence in-game.

Other eligable candidates

*Chagrian 2 - BH, IA, JC, JK, SI, SM, SW, TR

Edited by CelCawdro