Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

What are you talking about mass CC. Other classes have similar, maybe not all, but some. Run speed is useless except hut ball. It doesn't get far enough away that the enemy cant catch up and use a gap closer or even interupt with a stun or snare. only last 1.5 seconds. Really have you seen the distance a sage/sorc can get with it? Snare is useful but only against a few classes. the ae knockback is good for cap interupts or hutball ramps, but constanly gets CC'd and interupted and GCD is still used. If talented has a 2sec root at the end(maybe useful, not sure) Its not even close to instant like ability reads. Force lift, puts enemy back at full health useful to get a break free used but long cast so only out of combat really. Bubble thats only thing that keeps us alive more than 3 hits. And stun is very useful but 1min cooldown and also have to watch resolve bar.

So I guess you're going to show me your constant WZ matches against pre-made sniper teams? Marauder teams?

I haven't run into a single all-class premade except for sorc. Every other game seems to be all-sorc. General chat has people looking to form all sorc pre-mades. I just don't understand why since you claim they suck so bad.

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess you're going to show me your constant WZ matches against pre-made sniper teams? Marauder teams?

I haven't run into a single all-class premade except for sorc. Every other game seems to be all-sorc. General chat has people looking to form all sorc pre-mades. I just don't understand why since you claim they suck so bad.

All marauder would be more effective then you give it credit for. :)

No, cause I play against sorcerors

you full of it and part of the forum problem. STOP blowing things out of proportion. I rarely see more than 3. probly all different specs. at most 4.

Edited by Sgt_shades

What are you talking about mass CC. Other classes have similar, maybe not all, but some. Run speed is useless except hut ball. It doesn't get far enough away that the enemy cant catch up and use a gap closer or even interupt with a stun or snare. only last 1.5 seconds. Really have you seen the distance a sage/sorc can get with it? Snare is useful but only against a few classes. the ae knockback is good for cap interupts or hutball ramps, but constanly gets CC'd and interupted and GCD is still used. If talented has a 2sec root at the end(maybe useful, not sure) Its not even close to instant like ability reads. Force lift, puts enemy back at full health useful to get a break free used but long cast so only out of combat really. Bubble thats only thing that keeps us alive more than 3 hits. And stun is very useful but 1min cooldown and also have to watch resolve bar.

"what are you talking about mass CC? All I have is force speed, snare, root, AOE knockback, cyclone, stun"

hahahahaha

also the bolded bit is lolworthy too

Edited by yukirshiro

"what are you talking about mass CC? All I have is force speed, snare, root, AOE knockback, cyclone, stun"

hahahahaha

also the bolded bit is lolworthy too

stop being an idiot. thats not mass CC, Is it more than some classes, of course. but other classes have similar also. Why dont you play one if you think they are so great. they are paper bags when you get the shield down. My point of view is a healing spec, there could be hybrid specs that have too much available I can't speak for that.

Why would you even split the talents up like that, first of all.. Madness is all about force lightning, and Lightning is all about lightning strike, makes no sense buffing both, since you dont even have time to use them both.

Second of all, how often would you even use chainlightning in that spec, since its not instant cast, its way better to just throw out deathfield+force storm.

Kek, trolls noobing around.

Just had to correct you so you understand everyone's point just a bit more.

He took a talent called "Wrath". That's in the Madness tree far to the Right.

Wrath: When your Force Lightning deals damage, you have a 30% chance to cause your next damaginge Force attack with an activation time to activate instantly and deal 20% more damage.

So a Sorcerer can cast Force Lightning, get a Wrath Proc and then insta cast Chain Lightning, which will often crit for 2500+ and can potentially hit up to 5 targets.

One inconsistancy with the Wrath ability is that it does not have a cooldown, whereas Lightning Storm can only occur once every 10 seconds (cooldown).

The amount of tears in yet another "please nerf [optionally - overpopulated] <classthatkillsme>" is mind boggling. Here's the deal. Nothing severe is going to happen to sorcs/sages. There is currently 1 hybrid spec (out of maybe 4 viable specs overall) that is powerful in PvP and the best you can hope for, is that they reshuffle a few talents by moving them to other trees (or higher up in their current tree) and maybe, just maybe making them less effective, cc wise. If that destroys the viability of the TK/balance hybrid and even weakes the pure balance builds, according to THEIR data (and certainly not anyone elses) then they will go for it.

There are actually 2 aspects to this game that they need to balance (shocking I know !). They aren't going to nerf the shield without considering the severity of said nerf in PvE. Again MAYBE you will get a few more seconds on the debuff that prevents reshielding the same target. They aren't going to touch heals, because again such a change has a PvE impact, other than the fact that trauma is already in place. Last but not least, I'd be extremely surprised if they increased the cooldown on force speed that unspeced is just fine, as such a change will hurt the other AC as well.

Edited by Tristanian

Its funny when people say sorc has no burst, I have it, but I have to proc it.

I have so much mana too, never below 85% so this build is decent for PvE

Basically spam force lightning, which triggers Wrath (Next cast-time ability is instant and +20% damage).

As soon as I see that proc, I hit a 565 surge adrenal and the magical Chain-Lightning button which has a 30% chance to get rid of the cooldown of itself and/or trigger Forked lightning (30% chance to hit the same targets for 30% damage).

I hit someone for 5k+ with that (Before it Forked), And was a sad panda when the guy I hit only had 3k health left so I didn't get my medal.

And after thats done, Death field .. Another 1.5-2.5k damage. If I started out with DoTs then you can imagine the target doesn't have much health left at all by now. Stun at this point and then 4 seconds to try and end it as all the major damage is gone and I have to just dwindle away the rest of their health by re-casting DoTs or force lightning.

This is an ideal scenario though, where by the target isn't that good of a player. Someone who knows what to do will find plenty of ways to stop me, kill me or escape.

I also make a point whenever possible to burn peoples static barrier away. I'll often break off from my target to pop peoples bubbles, it only takes 1.. sometimes 2 casts of force lightning and then my teammates can take that guy out without worrying about it.

I mentioned PvE breifly, and it's only decent as in cases where theres CC'd mobs I have to be very careful as my main damage in this spec is all AoE.

Anyway.. How come you only see Nerf threads when it comes to dealing damage and not taking it? Theres a guy out there who managed to tank me, and 4 of my team, He still managed to kill me by spamming something like Grav Round. (Not sure if it was this ability or not)

Anyways, Heres a vid of PvP as a Hybrid DPS sorc.

http://www.twitch.tv/nerveip/b/306285983

Make of it what you will.

It is mass cc. Your post was hillarious. Only a sorc would say 6 different types of CC isn't much.

again half that isnt CC, how the F is 1.5 sec run speed CC *******

I explained the others. The CC is a ae knockback and stun. slow that works on a few classes. No I am not a sorc

Also if you want to compare why don't you just list every classes CC's and utility. and combine all specs like you did here.

Edited by Sgt_shades

Sages are not Op Sorcerers are. There are rarely any sages in warzones so they are fine. However, Sorcerers are like roaches, I kill 3-4 of them and then another shows up and dots me and runs away while my cooldowns are down.

How to fix Sorcerers

Remove their bubble, remove sprint and force speed, make dots wipe on death of sorcerer, make their CCs mez them also, double the time on their heals and remove the snare from Winlightning.

I hope you are being sarcastic about your fixes...

If resolve actually did what it was intended to Sorcerers wouldn't be so overpowered. But right now you just find yourself chainstunned if you are up against multiple sorcerers.

And of course the runspeed stuff as ballcarriers in Huttball needs to be stopped aswell. Makes no sense that is allowed to happen...

If resolve actually did what it was intended to Sorcerers wouldn't be so overpowered. But right now you just find yourself chainstunned if you are up against multiple sorcerers.

And of course the runspeed stuff as ballcarriers in Huttball needs to be stopped aswell. Makes no sense that is allowed to happen...

It isnt allowed to happen with competent opponents, they Snare, stun, grip, pull knockback and sure plenty other things I forgot. It's 1.5 seconds people, not even enough to get out of grip range. Get a clue. I don't know resolve against sorc is broken but I can tell you it works against sage abilities.

And I suppose its perfectly fine for the jump ability to work in hutball. Most classes have tools to use here. learn them.

Edited by Sgt_shades

This is the next mirror class that needs to be looked at. The healing is a bit overpowered. Interupts should prevent any other healing ability for x seconds. Not just that ability.

That means every healer besides Commando dies the moment their heal gets interrupted.

The reasons sorcs have a lot of cc compared to something like the bounty hunter is because of their paper thin armor. Removing their CC would mean transferring their play style to that of a commando/BH. Their armor would have to increased for more mitigation.

As for SS's, any class can do well. Especially well geared players.

Compare it BH:

http://imageupload.org/?d=3C3EBAEC1

Marauders/sentinels:

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Swsss/Screenshot_2012-01-04_12_11_11_778421.jpg

http://swtorchat.com/download/file.php?id=5

Gunslingers:

http://swtorchat.com/download/file.php?id=4

And more if I choose to look for them.

What's the point of this? Good players do good damage when played well. Especially when geared. The game is balanced for people in good gear not level 25 is greens.

Edited by Orangerascal

I would gladly agree if they make it so that anyone who has the ball, cannot use speed increasing abilities. But that's really more of a Huttball problem than a class problem.

This is the next mirror class that needs to be looked at. The healing is a bit overpowered. Interupts should prevent any other healing ability for x seconds. Not just that ability.

I would also agree with this, if : a) It affected every healer b) They reduced the amount that trauma mitigates, severely. Else, no one would be mad enough to step into warzones as a healer.

To the op. Good job. To the rest of you? You are the same horrible beta testers I tested with. I played sage/sorc and made countless threads about why it would be overpopulated, why it was too good, and why it was too simple to play.

All I saw was BH/Commandos are too easy too! All that means is two classes that are the most rerolled atm (I wonder why) and make up the MAJORITY of the 10-49 bracket for a reason both need adjusted.

You cried about a hard counter that offered nowhere near the utility and was worse in premade vs premade.

How to fix sage/sorc? Move no cooldown spam spell to 31 point talent. Class fixed. You can no longer get automatic CC and knockbacks that root. Your class will still be more viable then the neutered ops/scoundrels that you whined about and got nerfed.

Commando/Merc? More interesting rotation. Much harder fix.

Unlike you "don't nerf me brah" sorcerers we don't want to see your class "nerfed to the ground". You deserve it for already killing one AC, but we just want the class viable for pve/pvp and not stupidly OP.

This wouldn't effect pve dps at all. More then you can say for ops/scoundrels who already sucked in pve and now are worthless as anything but healers...

Edited by biowareftw

Look I'm not gonna argue further. I posted my points and, from your biased perspective, you found them invalid.

Really all I have to do is wait and just like OPs who said they were fine, you'll be nerfed. I'll come back and make a few LOL responses with a little logic strapped on and it'll be done with. Same story is going to happen to tracer/grav round spam. Ironically same story is going to happen to guardians/juggy's when they are done with the others.

Then we'll see from there how balance is.

You can argue, you can rage, you can disagree, you can post blatantly false information and underplay every aspect. But you cannot stop it :p.

Enjoy :D