Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Sorcerers have a lot of utilities, but without them, they would fall dead as soon as a single player spots them. Actually, 90% of all sorcerers suck (and that's a lot of players). Good sorcerers though can make you rage easily (like any other class out there).

The real reason sorc damage is a problem and sage isn't is because sorc damage is elemental. currently there is no way to mitigate that

sage damage is kinetic which is mitigated by armor, so sage dps is annoying but not a problem.

if they make sorc damage kinetic then it won't be a problem

What is this!?!? A Sorcerer actually admitting that his class might be just a bit too strong?

Nonsense! This guy must be on drugs or something. There is no way a player of a widely-believed overpowered class would come out and admit their class's OPness.

Anyway, I commend you OP and fully agree with everything you posted. Sorcs/Sages have far too much versatility. I think their utility should be nerfed before anything else, whether this means their CC, CDs, snares, shield absorb, etc. Their damage is the last thing that should be looked at.

Now go play a Full healing spec like Me and watch your face get melted off while all you can do is spam heal yourself till you die. People cry about Sorcs but Healing Sorcs already have it bad enough. We are hard to kill if we stand in one spot and spam heal ourselves. If we are doing that we cant heal anyone else and doing damage is completely out of the question.

Edit: Wanted to add all it takes is a couple stuns for a DPS class top take us out.

Edited by Thegriss

As said above, a healer sorc is much weaker and has far less CC.

Most of the times, equal players can out dps what I can heal myself for.

But on a class who has good absorb/defence, my heals are much stronger on those than myself. Takes much longer to do 5k damage to a Powertech than it does a sorc, I can assure you lol.

If you guys want i can stream for you for an hour or so....

www.Livestream.com/Xfire_Thefhaith

Yup... not doing any objectives at all, dying a lot, not healing much, playing against scrubs, and finishing with very few medals (9 total in the video I saw). And we are supposed to be impressed by these inflated DMG numbers?

Edited by Darth_Vampirius

dude, the healing was shields, not a castable heal...shield count as heals.. I do this all the time.

Also, the only reason he did that much damage was that he had a pocket healer. Most likely a merc. I see people do those numbers as well, and always have a healer on them and in most cases are melee.

This is a single isolated situation that completely favored the sorc in that screenshot and the OP is using it as some form of defacto standard that is simply not true.

Seeing as this is a team based game, the game should be balanced around have the proper support. If you think you should have a chance to win queuing when solo and everyone else in the WZ is acting alone, then you're delusional. You should HAVE to work together to even have a glimmer of hope in succeeding in PvP.

Just because you aren't properly supported by your team doesn't give you the right to have the best defenses as a DPS spec'd character.

Edited by fest

Yup... not doing any objectives at all, dying a lot, not healing much, playing against scrubs, and finishing with very few medals (9 total in the video I saw). And we are supposed to be impressed by these inflated DMG numbers?

No your not in no way shape or form i said i was good. Im clearly stating for all the utility we posses.. we should not be doing the damage we do.

Screw it. I'm just rolling a tank. Nobody seems to care that they get 3000+ valor a WZ without dying.... the SORC WHO DIES IN 4HITS FROM ANYBODY is OP!

I kill tanks with 21k hp all the time on my Pyrotech Powertech with ease. And please show post a screen shot of someone earning 3000 valor under ANY circumstances.

Hyperbole more.

I'd agree with you but, alas, I can not.

Mainly because any nerf to the sorc class at this point would make the class absolutely useless in PVE and PVP.

the sorc has utility, and has sustained damage, not burst, nothing insane compared to other classes.

The bubble is a joke at best, please, anyone can burst down the shield in one hit, once it's gone the sorc has NO survivability or ability to mitigate damage.

Also, for you to attain the numbers posted above, you had a pocket healer, grats, this feat can be accomplished by any class.

but you didnt have a problem destroying Operatives/Scoundrels in PVE. nice double standard we have as a community. well not many people play Operatives/Scoundrels so lets get them nerfed. But their are millions who play Sorcerer/Sage and if you nerf them it be too hard to PVE. Well I say to bad. The nerf hammer has already started swinging and it might not be tomorrow but you can guarantee it will hit your class eventually.

Isn't it easy to get high in the damage meters by just spamming dots too

It definitely is. But it's also more effective than burst damage. Normal pressure on 5+ targets is a hell a lot harder to deal with than slightly higher damage on 1 target.

Screw it. I'm just rolling a tank. Nobody seems to care that they get 3000+ valor a WZ without dying.... the SORC WHO DIES IN 4HITS FROM ANYBODY is OP!

I think anyone who has actually rolled a tank can call BS on just about everything in that sentence, tbh, since barely any of our defensive stats work in PvP. Heal+bubble gives greater survivability than all our def, absorb and shield combined, and we have less hitting power than an infant fly with a cold. Since there's a thread explaining this in exhaustive detail posted every couple of days, I won't bother referencing the previous theorycrafting on this unless challenged.

The superhybrid sorc spec should be impossible, and base healing from sorc should be patheticly low, with healer spec giving much better improvements to the healing spells. That'd make healer sorcs less futile, and get rid of the endless calls for a sorc nerf without actually nerfing the class overall.

Now before we even start i need to point out that I AM A SORCERER!!!!!!

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccMRdMrZcrcRsMk.1

I have so Much utility it is absurd.

Knock back : Roots targets

Shield : Absorbs around 3000 Then when it breaks it blinds EVERYONE around you

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Whirlwind: Instant 10 sec CC. When it breaks it stuns for 2 seconds.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

HP: 15810

WP: 1615

Expertise: 460 (9.62%)

Crit: 26.29%

Surge: 72.39%

Alacrity: 10.03%

Bonus Damage: 673.1

Bonus Healing: 484.8

Flame On!!!

Firstly you would have to pick up parasitism in order for your damaging abilities to heal you, and since you havent taken it in your skill calc... This leaves only death field for healing, which heals for 100-200 per player affected by death field for up to 3 players, on a 15 sec cooldown, so a potential heal of 300-600 every 15 secs, thats insane...

Secondly, there has been no thought put into your spec what ever, Reserves > Electric Induction. With 3 points in EI you would have to spend your entire force pool 2 times over just to equate to 2 points in reserves, giving you a spare point to place in Lightning Spire, increasing the range of CL by 5m, and the entire point of going so far into both trees is to pair Wrath with CL after all..

Every class has counters for it. You are the only one QQing about this all day every day. Post some video and prove it. What? You can't? I suggest you L2P instead.

Well you did, but the counter that could kill Sorcs - ala Operatives are getting nerfed into the ground, that's what you get for being able to kill the most vocal/played class in a game.

I like how people called the Op a liar on his healing/damage - he shows a screenshot...

Then people say yeah but your not doing objectives, but he clearly has the most objective points in that game...

But we have no burst.... so, if the class your attacking cannot heal but can wreck you if in range then controlling the fight is more important....

But, but, but -

Sage/Sorc is the most played class in the game for a reason

Now before we even start i need to point out that I AM A SORCERER!!!!!!

Now i normally play PvE Corruption Spec, as i hate respecing all the time. Since the 1.1 Patch i found that healing in WZ's seem pointless, and extremely boring. As i normally get around 10 medals before the patch i find it extremely hard to break 6 (Inb4 "you are doing it wrong")

So i decided to switch to a hybrid spec Since we killed everything in the 1st 2 days of the week (GJ making Raids very easy, NM here we come :) ) Anyway my spec is 0/20/21

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZccMRdMrZcrcRsMk.1

I have so Much utility it is absurd.

Knock back : Roots targets

Shield : Absorbs around 3000 Then when it breaks it blinds EVERYONE around you

Force speed : 20 sec CD making you nearly impossible to kill as you can get a way most of the time.

Whirlwind: Instant 10 sec CC. When it breaks it stuns for 2 seconds.

Heal : They heal for so much, for a dps tree (But i don't even use them that much due to being healed by damaging abilities.

The Utility would be fine if i didn't push out 400-600k of damage a game with 70-100k healing. I understand what people are thinking when they say nerf sorcs. There has to be a give and take. The only classes that HARD counter me are Ops which just got nerfed... and Bleed spec Marauders.

PVP Stats:

HP: 15810

WP: 1615

Expertise: 460 (9.62%)

Crit: 26.29%

Surge: 72.39%

Alacrity: 10.03%

Bonus Damage: 673.1

Bonus Healing: 484.8

Flame On!!!

Why would you even split the talents up like that, first of all.. Madness is all about force lightning, and Lightning is all about lightning strike, makes no sense buffing both, since you dont even have time to use them both.

Second of all, how often would you even use chainlightning in that spec, since its not instant cast, its way better to just throw out deathfield+force storm.

Kek, trolls noobing around.

No your not in no way shape or form i said i was good. Im clearly stating for all the utility we posses.. we should not be doing the damage we do.

What utility? ALL you did was focus on DMG the whole time, and all you did the whole time was DMG. Shocker! You seemed to do the best against other Sorcerors... so Sorc should be nerfed because they kill sorcerors too easily? Makes sense.

Why would you roll a class, show mediocre output with it, and then ask for said class to be nerfed? You make no sense. If you want the game to get harder, try to get better, or better yet, go with no talents or no gear on. Clearly, you have an ulterior motive that your output just isn't backing up.