Sorcerer Nerf....

Fhatal

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... not doing any objectives at all, dying a lot, not healing much, playing against scrubs, and finishing with very few medals (9 total in the video I saw). And we are supposed to be impressed by these inflated DMG numbers?

A lot of screenies of other classes getting past 300k 500k dmg aren't doing many objectives, so that point is moot.

Dying a lot may not matter if you're also dishing out as much dmg and healing. Those dying less have less of both, so what does that say?

9 medals isn't something to laugh at. Not sure what your standards are, but when the rest of the team barely pulls 6-7 medals, 9 medals is pretty good for that game. And just to be clear, medals are relative to each game. Faster games, and uneven games, can yield less medals.

And define which are scrubs? Are we talking about Pugs? Because Pugs tend to be the majority of the games. So relative to that, you can consider it normal. Who else is comparing their scoreboards to known Premades vs Premades?

Your arguments are a bit biased.

A lot of screenies of other classes getting past 300k 500k dmg aren't doing many objectives, so that point is moot.

Dying a lot may not matter if you're also dishing out as much dmg and healing. Those dying less have less of both, so what does that say?

9 medals isn't something to laugh at. Not sure what your standards are, but when the rest of the team barely pulls 6-7 medals, 9 medals is pretty good for that game. And just to be clear, medals are relative to each game. Faster games, and uneven games, can yield less medals.

And define which are scrubs? Are we talking about Pugs? Because Pugs tend to be the majority of the games. So relative to that, you can consider it normal. Who else is comparing their scoreboards to known Premades vs Premades?

Your arguments are a bit biased.

Wait... so because he played against sucky people and got 2 more medals than most of them, I am biased? WAT?

OK I understand the OP posted a screenshot. Look at the numbers of the republics he played against. I mean really its not hard to put up over 500k on absolute scrubs on voidstar especially if you did what I know they did and farm them. I suggest you guys go get on a competitive pvp server where the republic actually know what they are doing. I play a sorc and if I play a against a team thats even semi competent they will put a shadow and a commando on me and I will watch myself get blown up in under 4 seconds. Seems like to me you guys just love facerolling all the republics with no skill.

OH and your forgetting the republics have the same *********** class its called a Jedi Sage. ffs

Edited by SELENAfknGOMEZ

As a Shadow... I've run into zero problems against Sorcerers. I've died to them a few times, and killed them a few times. I've never gone against one that made me feel their class was unbalanced.

Maybe I've just been lucky? I'm not saying OP is wrong, I'm just saying that I've yet to see anything to make me think they're unbalanced.

Wait... so because he played against sucky people and got 2 more medals than most of them, I am biased? WAT?

Bias meaning you're just finding things to attack the op with.

You're pointing out he didn't do objectives, but as I mentioned many others who excel in dmg on the scoreboards don't always have high objectives either. So if you're going to fault him for not having objectives, whereas others in the same category is in the same boat, then it's a bias toward the op.

And if you're going to assume that the op only plays against scrubs, that is also a bias. You weren't in the game were you? You don't know how good or bad the team played, did you? So without conclusive evidence, you trying to tout your speculation as fact, is premature.

But hey, if that's how you roll, so be it. Can't really take your arguments seriously.

Edited by Lazorous

somebody wanted to see them, so he showed them. strangely enough, there was no cocky response. very strange.

also a peculiar lack in this thread of sorc/sage players making an argument how well balanced or even underpowered their class is. getting stranger by the minute!

It's not worth the time to argue. If your mind is made up on this your mind is made up. Arguing over the internet is a waste of time.

Sorcerers are squishy and don't have the burst that other classes do. What they do have is too much mobility for a ranged class, and too many ways (this setup in particular) to escape an opponent who has got to close range on them.

wow 75k healing. so hard to do as a sage lol *rolleyes*

*get out of combat, wait for trauma to wear off*

*cast noble sacrifice*

*cast 60% critbuff, cast big heals*

*repeat*

oh yes those big healing numbers all done while out of combat and without an enemy involved.

rofl please L2P if you think that sage/sorc are OP.

if you want to see the next OP class people will whine about (once they get to 50 and geared) look at the sentinels/vanguards/commandos and their mirrors.

and this comes from someone playing Operative (50) and Merc atm

Edited by Sheneria

Why would you even split the talents up like that, first of all.. Madness is all about force lightning, and Lightning is all about lightning strike, makes no sense buffing both, since you dont even have time to use them both.

Second of all, how often would you even use chainlightning in that spec, since its not instant cast, its way better to just throw out deathfield+force storm.

Kek, trolls noobing around.

not sure if troll or just dumb but.....

wrath makes chainlightning instacast

Sorcerers are squishy and don't have the burst that other classes do. What they do have is too much mobility for a ranged class, and too many ways (this setup in particular) to escape an opponent who has got to close range on them.

Yeah in the same way that a frost mage was "squishy" in WoW. They are NOT squishy. Armor means jack in this game. Almost all pvp specs bypass armor anyways. What matters is shields, and dmg mitigation. To call a sorc/sage squisy is about the stupidest thing you can say.

Frost mages were also boring to play in WoW and were never weak, but at least their stun took setup/procs and they had to do combos and hardcast their sheep.

Sage/Sorce is like a vanilla faceroll shadowpriest without the need to change in and out of shadow form to heal. Then add to that they gave them the CC of a frost mage, all on instant casts. The class is a direct ripoff of a shadow priest from WoW. They just made it better and easier to play in every single way.

They simply made the ranged way too easy to play in this game period. This is why I see ALL mercs and sorcerers in the 10-49 bracket. The only other class I see is assassins/shadows and they are just rerolling from scoundrels/ops.

Specs should not be able to hybrid the best of both worlds like a sage/sorc can. Other specs are REQUIRED to get a 31 point talent or their class is garbage.

The entire trees need redone on the ranged specs (other then gunslinger/sniper) and more complex rotations need to be put in. The op realized this because he has probably played other classes (other then commando/merc) and sees the difference required in skill/performance, and the weaknesses that other classes have as far as utility belts.

For the people saying sorc/sage is fine? I have a challenge for you.

Roll sentinel. Do it on republic side so you face all mercs/sorcerers. Get back to me on this games balance. I am not saying I can't do well on a sentinel, but I saying that the people who think sages/sorcerers are in any way challenging or balanced? Will get absolutely rocked when playing a class like sentinel/marauder that isn't absolute faceroll.

Edited by biowareftw

Roll sentinel. Do it on republic side so you face all mercs/sorcerers. Get back to me on this games balance. I am not saying I can't do well on a sentinel, but I saying that the people who think sages/sorcerers are in any way challenging or balanced? Will get absolutely rocked when playing a class like sentinel/marauder that isn't absolute faceroll.

We face sorcs / mercs all the time in Huttball, no reason to roll republic.

Ive had games where it was nothing but those two classes.

Also, sorcs don't spec hybrid because its the "zomg victory spec" its because its the only viable spec on the class. Lightning tree is worthless, broken trash, with the final ability hitting like a level 10 vanguard autoattacking; high madness tree also gives very little for points invested, with the final tree ability being a semi-useful dot whose biggest value is the fact that it gives a 2s root on a 9s cooldown, not the damage.

If they ever fix sorcs to actually do good damage as lightning specs, or make madness worthwhile to pursue past instant-cast whirlwind/Wrath, then you'll see a lot less "hybrid specs".

For the people saying sorc/sage is fine? I have a challenge for you.

As a Sentinel I heartily endorse this challenge. You'll quickly see how "easy" it is to kill Sorcs.

Roots ignores resolve. Resolve sucks.

I agree. They need to make Resolve affect roots as well. And I say this as a Sorcerer who actually uses a hybrid spec for PvP as well. It's beyond ridiculous to root everyone you knock back.

That being said, I don't find our DPS to be "imba". It's good, solid, sustainable DPS. If we get to cast in peace, we do a lot of damage and we kill stuff. If we're harassed, and cannot get away or get help, we usually die.

I agree. They need to make Resolve affect roots as well. And I say this as a Sorcerer who actually uses a hybrid spec for PvP as well. It's beyond ridiculous to root everyone you knock back.

That being said, I don't find our DPS to be "imba". It's good, solid, sustainable DPS. If we get to cast in peace, we do a lot of damage and we kill stuff. If we're harassed, and cannot get away or get help, we usually die.

That's the point. You have more than enough tools to get away. An AOE knockback root alone would be enough for the class, but that's just the beginning

Edited by EternalFinality