Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and here people thought i was impossible....THE HERO ENGINE IS A SINGLE THREADED ENGINE AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO FIX!!!!!!

The modified one SWTOR uses two. (check your processes, and it has been announced official this)

I m pretty sure every time a server goes down a thread like this pops up rofl, its known that ability delay seems to go away at times, often after server restarts.

They just posted a dev update saying that they put the changes that "might" fix it on the PTS and need to test them first, do you really think they would ninja patch into live servers like that lol?

It's in the patch notes, maybe it didn't fix ALL instances of the delay. But I'm noticing a significant improvement.

I m pretty sure every time a server goes down a thread like this pops up rofl, its known that ability delay seems to go away at times, often after server restarts.

They just posted a dev update saying that they put the changes that "might" fix it on the PTS and need to test them first, do you really think they would ninja patch into live servers like that lol?

As it is in the patch notes for today's update it isn't actually a ninja patch. :)

Won't know for sure until i log in tonight, but if the ability delay is gone, that is great news. A major issue that needed addressing (no hyperbole, its one of a small handful of things that was sapping my desire to play slowly as it went unaddressed).

Great news.

I guess all of those "there is no ability delay" people should post a big "THANK YOU!" and apology to the Xcore personaly and to all other "forum whiners" and "quitters" because we force BW (even with voting by our money) to bring you not only perfect story telling, but also a close to perfect gameplay asap, and not hiding a real problem under the next 6 monthes of polishing game code.

Agree with that, performance, gameplay, that needs to be perfect and no amount of constructive QQ (I know it sounds silly) is never enough if it leads to developers fixing the game in fear of losing subs.

The speeder isn't screwed up, people.

You're trying to move before the entire cast time is up.

You can't move until the cast bar actually shows the "completed" flash/effect.

It's the same as in WoW, actually.

There the cast bars light up when the cast is complete. Same here now. You can tell exactly when it's done by the cast bar going into a glowing "complete" state. It then starts fading graphically, but that's irrelevant to performance because the ability has been performed and will no longer be interrupted.

I guess all of those "there is no ability delay" people should post a big "THANK YOU!" and apology to the Xcore personaly and to all other "forum whiners" and "quitters" because we force BW (even with voting by our money) to bring you not only perfect story telling, but also a close to perfect gameplay asap, and not hiding a real problem under the next 6 monthes of polishing game code.

Find me one post where i denied ability delay was there? I never did..I just didnt threaten to quit and freak out over it. I aknowledged it and waited patiently for them to fix it.. I even stated in numerous threads it needs to be fixed.

you assume that becuase i hate to hear whining and threats that I disagreed with them.. you have a very shallow view of the world.

there was a problem.. but that does not mean you need to make threats and freak out over it.. that is something my 5 year old does.

wait till peak hours before this is 100% confirmed.

Ability delays are not lag related. Even at 5 am you would have them.

It was an issue with the Hero engine.

yes they have fixed it. ;)

Edited by Alianar

I guess all of those naysayers who quit becuase they couldnt fix the delay bug will come back in droves now.. I wish bioware could force them all to write an appology to get back into the forums.. there were far to many people ranting about the delay without giving them a chance to fix it.

Well to be fair it is mainly because of all those ranting people that it got fixed. And what about all the fanboy claiming there was no delay and we all needed to check our hardware or L2P ? where are they now ?

Well to be fair it is mainly because of all those ranting people that it got fixed. And what about all the fanboy claiming there was no delay and we all needed to check our hardware or L2P ? where are they now ?

I dislike the fanboys who claimed it wasnt an issue just as much as the whiners. they need to give their head a shake too