Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

this must be placebo effect. servers are light after update and they wrote "delay fix" in patch notes and everybody hype.. but obviously my friends lying to me saying was nothing changed with those nasty delays. gosh.. I must lie to myself too cuz I don't see any difference too.

http://www.lo-ping.org/2012/01/20/the-swtor-story-as-told-by-episode-iii-and-v/

Edited by Brzytwa

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ability delays are not lag related. Even at 5 am you would have them.

It was an issue with the Hero engine.

yes they have fixed it. ;)

It was also due to some net code (hence why it mainly happenede in WZs. And anything that involve net code, involve traffic density.

But I do hope it is fix like everyone else but you cannot affirm at 100% that is fixed until it has been tested during peak hours.

this must be placebo effect. servers are light after update and they wrote "delay fix" in patch notes and everybody hype.. but obviously my friends lying to me saying was nothing changed with those nasty delays. gosh.. I must lie to myself too cuz I don't see any difference too.

Without reading the patchnote, i actually noticed it big time. I just checked the note a minute ago to see if i wasn't just making it up :)

Edited by Alianar

That could be it to. Every time i get on after down time there is no delay for a few hours.

I guess all of those naysayers who quit becuase they couldnt fix the delay bug will come back in droves now.. I wish bioware could force them all to write an appology to get back into the forums.. there were far to many people ranting about the delay without giving them a chance to fix it.

Or they should write an apology to the players for releasing the game with such an obvious problem that people complained about forever before release.

Edited by Rinkitink

Hate to burst your bubble guys but I'm on atm and I'm not seeing any HUGE improvements. The only thing I'm seeing really is the mount up responsiveness is better.

Still to try a PvP match to see how it holds up but according to the patch notes and with running around the fleet using my Force Sweep ability to test out the animation delay on that it's still there.

The bug fixes were ones that crept up in the latest patch from what I can tell. Glad they cleaned those up. Looking forward to the next batch of ability delay fixes.

No, seriously. Log in and check.

I just tried all of these:

- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted

- Chaining abilities, especially in melee: no delays before or after abilities

- Queueing abilities during the global cooldown: not a single ability fails

They... they actually fixed the delays.

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.

Cant wait to test it at home :)

I'm still noticing that I stop vicious slash while vicious slashing if I'm spamming the button for vicious slash. Saber comes up, saber freezes, saber goes away, ability not ready.

Stupid warrior.

have you tried changing the delay manually in the prefrences. there is a spot ( cant remembwe where it is and i am not logged in now so i cant look ) that allows you to change the queue times for skills you can set it up to 1 sec.. it might help with that issue.

I guess all of those naysayers who quit becuase they couldnt fix the delay bug will come back in droves now.. I wish bioware could force them all to write an appology to get back into the forums.. there were far to many people ranting about the delay without giving them a chance to fix it.

As soon as BW apologise for releasing a game with these bugs in it in the first place.

Besides, I'll wait until later when I get to actually test it to see if its worked or not.

have you tried changing the delay manually in the prefrences. there is a spot ( cant remembwe where it is and i am not logged in now so i cant look ) that allows you to change the queue times for skills you can set it up to 1 sec.. it might help with that issue.

There we go again.....

I think every major MMO has released with one major bug like this. Atleast SWTOR got theirs fixed sooner rather than later.

But to think the players should apologize for complaining about a major bug, is the asinine thinking that only a fan boy could possibly think is sane. If there weren't people up in arms about these things, rest assured things would take longer to get resolved.

But to think the players should apologize for complaining about a major bug, is the asinine thinking that only a fan boy could possibly think is sane. If there weren't people up in arms about these things, rest assured things would take longer to get resolved.

there is a HUGE difference between aknoweldging a problem and daily making thread after thread with threats of everything from quitting to suing the company..

you cant see how the second is not productive at all?

and this isnt from a fanboy standpoint. its from a logical one

Its just as funny to see people like you make fun of people for enjoying the game, all the while posting on the game's forums. Why exactly are you here if you're not a "fan" of the game?

There's a difference between being a fan of a game and being a rabid fan boy who jumps to the developer's defense no matter what they do. I'm a fan of the game, but I'm not idiotic enough to believe everything they have done is right, in fact, they've done a lot wrong. The telling part will be how they handle it in the next several months.

This isn't the same gaming landscape as when WoW came out, you get a couple months tops to make your impression now. Good, bad or indifferent, it's the way it is. Look at all the others who have come and gone.

Indeed you still get dismounted if you hit just the right timing but you have to be aiming for that. There's probably a 0.2 seconds window where if you move you get dismounted. Also I got a huge improvement in fps in fleet. I was getting about 30 fps before and now it's 50. Will check if there's any improvement on planets as well.

there is a HUGE difference between aknoweldging a problem and daily making thread after thread with threats of everything from quitting to suing the company..

you cant see how the second is not productive at all?

and this isnt from a fanboy standpoint. its from a logical one

They didn't acknowledge the problem for a LONG time, in fact, many players were trolling the threads saying there was NO problem, so don't act like they've been begging for forgiveness or something.