Delays are gone!

ShadowMasterRP

This is from patch notes for today 1.1.0b

Classes and Combat

•Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

So to me it sounds like a fix for only one situation that may cause ability delay. They have admitted there are other situations and factors that they need to address. I wouldn't expect it to be completely solved for all players and situations, just from taking them at their own word.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important thing is they have implemented a fix that HAS had a good affect on ability delays

You are an idiot if you thought they would be totally gone

This bodes very well that they actually know w.t.f they are doing and whats causing it and give me high hopes for future fixes and the irradication of the ability delays

Edited by Mercia

The most important thing is they have implemented a fix that HAS had a good affect on ability delays

You are an idiot if you thought they would be totally gone

This bodes very well that they actually know w.t.f they are doing and whats causing it and give me high hopes for future fixes and the irradication of the ability delays

Yeah this patch has restored a little faith in the company for me. Maybe I will renew my sub after all.

I guess all of those "there is no ability delay" people should post a big "THANK YOU!" and apology to the Xcore personaly and to all other "forum whiners" and "quitters" because we force BW (even with voting by our money) to bring you not only perfect story telling, but also a close to perfect gameplay asap, and not hiding a real problem under the next 6 monthes of polishing game code.

thing is, ability delay has never affected me... why that is I dont know, but what I do know is that I am far from alone in this.

it is however a real concern for some people so good to fix whatever is not working for them.

I however expect this thread is BS as bioware would announce such a fix, unless they did it by accident haha

Are you guys denying this blind? Look in the damn patch notes!

-Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

Edited by Azelas

No, seriously. Log in and check.

I just tried all of these:

- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted

- Chaining abilities, especially in melee: no delays before or after abilities

- Queueing abilities during the global cooldown: not a single ability fails

They... they actually fixed the delays.

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.

Not what I've found testing Trooper and Bounty Hunter on PTS. Delays are still there, going from hammer shot to stock strike there is still delay. I did try to tweak queue time from 0.0 to 1.0 and sometimes that just made it worse.

thing is, ability delay has never affected me... why that is I dont know, but what I do know is that I am far from alone in this.

it is however a real concern for some people so good to fix whatever is not working for them.

I however expect this thread is BS as bioware would announce such a fix, unless they did it by accident haha

IIRC, it IS announced in one of the patch notes, only not with loud trumpets or such. From what I understand from their statements, they fixed one of the issues that caused ability delay, but from what I read from their explanation, they discovered several causes, some of them that could be fixed quickly and some that needed more time to rework the code to solve it.

Not fixed for trooper's mortar shot, not a game killer for me but it is annoying.

This is where I first noticed it, rolling a trooper and using that ability. But like you said, not a game killer for me. The patch notes are specific on what they say they fixed and I didn't expect that one to be solved yet.

Edited by DirtyDozen

They didn't acknowledge the problem for a LONG time, in fact, many players were trolling the threads saying there was NO problem, so don't act like they've been begging for forgiveness or something.

Or...and I'm just spit-balling here, could it be that those people may have not been experiencing the issue.

Some of us only saw it occasionally and while I agree that there were many people who seemed to take a lot of pleasure in completely denying the problem, there were far more who simply never noticed it and honestly had no idea what all the fuss was about.

I know it's the internet but let's not jump to the lowest common denominator 100% of the time.

It's obvious Bioware payed attention and got on the ball. That is awesome and we can all be happy about that whether we had ability delays or not.

This is a time to hold hands and celebrate, not call for apologies and stir up more discontent.

This is a win for the entire community. Thank you to those that stood vifilant for this cause for the benefit of us all and thank you to Bioware for proving you can react to a huge issue in good time.

A happy day for us all.

No, seriously. Log in and check.

I just tried all of these:

- Mounting up and moving instantly as soon as the cast bar is finished: didn't get dismounted

- Chaining abilities, especially in melee: no delays before or after abilities

- Queueing abilities during the global cooldown: not a single ability fails

They... they actually fixed the delays.

My Sith Marauder actually looks like he's fighting in a smooth, relentless chain of attacks too. No more awkward pauses between abilities with my character just standing there waiting for the delays to pass.

Nothing is changed on my trooper as far as Ability delay goes, and the mounting thing is a blatant lie. Unless of course they fixed it for imperial and not republic, to which honestly, I wouldn't be surprised.

THIS IS TIME for nothen THEY DID NOT FIX THE DELAY REALLY U PEOPLE SEE PATCH NOTES and think that its fixed cause patch saying sumthing.TEST the crap out your self and u can see the delay not gone.

THE PROBLEM IS ANIMATION ALSO.

I noticed the difference without reading the patch note actually.

Still, yes it's a partial fix only. Some delays are still there but it is much smoother now. Interupts work well. Unload on the BH seems to be working as intended now.

All and all, it's an improvement.

There is definitly some improvement, like I said above, Its noticeble on interrupts which I couldnt manage before.

But no, its not fixed alltogether, some improvement only

You're tricking yourself there buddy. They didn't do anything at all to do with ability delays. Not even sure where you people imagine these things. Some troll says something, and everyone's like OMG FIXED! Honestly that should be bioware's new fix system, have a random dude claim it's fixed.

IF this is a troll I'm so going to be upset.

It's not, but be aware that this isn't a total fix. But improvements are there. Specialy noticed it with my Jedi guardian.

Even it's not a total fix, you can be positive about it. The engine ain't broken, the fix is coming.

what is this? You mean that when I actually use one of my not so often used binds thats supposed to be instant and off the global cooldown, it will ACTUALLY be instant and off the global cooldown? So fun pressing shift + space for 2-3 seconds, not working and just standing around like a moron. Used to b no prob in wow cussa...you know...instant spells, but in swtor it kinda just made you unable to use any other abilities until you managed to get that one ****** instant working

I will now be able to interrupt people? and actually get snares in on targets? and them not warping around me? and abilities wont feel like they have a 1000 ms when you in reality have 60 ms and 30-60 fps?

W0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t.

Too bad my pc exploded, gonna have to wait til tomoz b4 if I can test these wild statements.

Edited by Komby