Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

Because unless both those points apply, you're simple making broad assumptions based on what you can see in the movies.

There is no broad assumption needed though since EITHER way it goes against the lore. Either you ONLY use the films, in which case Sith use red, and all Jedi use green or blue, with one purple... or you use the EU.... in which Jedi with red is still very, very rare. Either way this many red saber using Jedi doesn't fit the lore.

So it doesn't matter if you personally can fathom using the EU or just the films, neither way of thinking supports the idea that most Jedi use red lightsabers.

Either way, stop taking EU "lore" so seriously. Huffing and puffing and sounding upset while demanding that other players change their playstyle...

So saber color is a "playstyle" now?

I don't care how people play. I don't even care that mucy about the EU... however, that doesn't make people any less wrong to say it fits the lore to have hundreds of red saber Jedi. They're wrong, regardless of what "Playstyle" the game supports for money.

to provide you with a more EU-canony gaming experience will make you grow an instant neck-beard, and those things can strangle you if you're not careful

Now THAT's trolling.

Wow you must be cool and have a girl friend and everything.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because unless both those points apply, you're simple making broad assumptions based on what you can see in the movies. And if that is the case, you must also believe that all male moisture farmers on Tatooine are called Owen, all hairstyles except for mullets are banned by Imperial law and Lando realy IS the only black man in the universe.

This, QFT. And funny to boot. :p

Sure, but again the problem isn't one or two guys with red, it's hundreds. That doesn't fit the lore. Why can't people just be honest and admit it?

Wow... hundreds in a galaxy of billions. That's certainly "most", isn't it? :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter why. That's how it is, and that's Star Wars.

"Luke" isn't a real person by the way.

It certainly does. When the creators of the universe in question say that the color doesn't matter... that's all that matters.

And "lightsabers" aren't real either... what's your point?

If the majority of players had the right colors I wouldn't have a complaint.

Thank you for admitting you don't have a complaint. Since nowhere near the majority of players have the "wrong color". ;)

Alright, let me lay it down:

Red crystals are the crystals of the original Sith, and are usually associated with Dark Jedi and Sith, but hold no special properties, and can be chosen by anybody.

Blue crystals are the most common crystals, and hold no particular affiliations, but are preferred more often by Jedi than Sith, but hold no special properties, and can be chosen by anybody.

Green crystals are less common, and are associated with consulars and powerful force-users, but hold no special properties, and can be used by anybody.

Yellow crystals are less common than Blue, and are associated with sentinels, but hold no special properties, and can be used by anybody.

Purple crystals symbolize the line between Sith and Jedi, and are often associated with neutral parties of both factions, but hold no special properties, and can be used by anybody.

etc.

Notice a trend there? By special properties, I mean how clear lightsaber crystals are completely invisible, so they're superior for stealth, and how cyan makes less noise when active. But none of the property-giving crystals are in game, so it ALL COMES DOWN TO THE JEDI'S PREFERENCE. And since each and every player Jedi is controlled by a person, each and every Jedi controls what crystal they want, and why. It's all preference.

So, obviously, every single person with a red saber on the OP's server wanted the red saber, or they wouldn't have it. If every single person playing a Jedi was a Jedi for reals, they'd all still have a red saber, because that's the color they prefer.

Now, it'd be different if there were actual crystals that had the differing properties, but there aren't. So, all that matters is opinion. And the opinion of those Jedi is that red is the most aesthetically pleasing, so it's what they'll use.

It doesn't go against lore in any way, whatsoever. The only way it would go against lore was if the lore explicitly stated that only Sith were allowed to use red crystals, because Jedi explode by touching them. It doesn't say that, and that's also very stupid.

So, in short, Jedi using red crystals is totally legit by lore standards, and is almost as likely as all Jedi using blue crystals.

Wow... hundreds in a galaxy of billions. That's certainly "most", isn't it? :rolleyes:;

There aren't billions of Jedi. ;)

If you see 100 Jedi in a day, and most of them have red sabers, then it's already broken the lore.

It certainly does. When the creators of the universe in question say that the color doesn't matter... that's all that matters.

NO that is NOT all that matters. What matters is the whole rest of the story that has happend in EVERY OTHER TIME in the history of Star Wars. Whether color "matters" is not the issue.... Jedi using red doesn't fit the story, becuase they don't use red. It doesn't matter why they do or don't, we just know that for but for a few rare cases they do not use red.

And "lightsabers" aren't real either... what's your point?

I didn't say anything to imply that "lightsabers are real" while you acted like Luke can pick his own color, like you think he's real. That's my point. You're just arguing to argue.

Thank you for admitting you don't have a complaint. Since nowhere near the majority of players have the "wrong color". ;)

Yes they do. On my server the vast majority of Jedi have the wrong color. So yeah, I do have a complaint. Duh.

As an artificer, I'd love to be able to make crystals that use between 1 and 24 colour crystals, and create the shade from the colour triplet

so you could use

1 red for a weak red lightsaber,

8 green, 8 blue for a strong yellow,

8 red, 4 blue, 8 green for a pink

and so on

There is no broad assumption needed though since EITHER way it goes against the lore. Either you ONLY use the films, in which case Sith use red, and all Jedi use green or blue, with one purple... or you use the EU.... in which Jedi with red is still very, very rare. Either way this many red saber using Jedi doesn't fit the lore.

So it doesn't matter if you personally can fathom using the EU or just the films, neither way of thinking supports the idea that most Jedi use red lightsabers.

So saber color is a "playstyle" now?

I don't care how people play. I don't even care that mucy about the EU... however, that doesn't make people any less wrong to say it fits the lore to have hundreds of red saber Jedi. They're wrong, regardless of what "Playstyle" the game supports for money.

Now THAT's trolling.

Wow you must be cool and have a girl friend and everything.... :rolleyes:

Look, the broad assumption you are making is that anything that isn't shown doesn't exist. That's why I brought up the other examples as well. You don't see a jedi use a red lightsaber in the movies, hence that must never have happened on a large scale. You don't see Sith Lords with facial hair, hence it must've been forbidden. You don't see anyone going to the toilet, so... well, maybe they just exploded after a while?

Lack of evidence is not proof of guilt.

As for my trolling, sure, I'll admit it was a bit out of line, but then again I did try to make it more of a joke than an insult. I have read most of the EU crap my self, and I even enjoyed a lot of it, but you have to agree that it quickly gets a bit neck-beardy (you know what I mean) when someone starts treating stuff like Sci-Fi canon as a life and death issue. I mean, if you're going to be that hardcore regarding the lore, then I fail to see how you can even play the game.

Coruscant is just three city blocks?! I think not!

How come that player claims to have had the exact same adventures as me? Time travel and paralell universes have no support in a-n-y of the approved Star Wars lore, so I demand that other players refrain from making such claims, or I'm reporting them!

Take a step back and listen to yourself. Can't you hear what it sounds like?

"Most jedi have RED sabers? Oh, hah, yeah... since when?! If you read 'the crystal legacy', it clearly states that after the battle of Aur'fne'pthao, it was agreed upon to divide the colors between the factions. But I guess we should just ignore that? Huh?!

Worst. Canon. Ever!"

Because Jedi DID use red, and CAN use red... it's just rare. That's the problem. This isn't about one or two guys using red, the problem is a large number of republic Jedi using red. It just doesn't happen, ever, in any other time period in Star Wars.

Again... if it's just a matter of "they broke the lore to make some extra money by caving in to people who don't care about the lore.".. ok fine, I can see they want to make money... but it does NOT fit the lore for THIS many Jedi to have red sabers. It's just a fact.

WHY YOU dont understand IS THEY used , AT the moment PEOPLE play THE GAME. THEY are thrown in the galaxy WITH their choices, FORGET that this is a game. Imagine its all real. AND all of them people live in the UNIVERSE. What magical force would stop all of the to use RED lightsabers! Remember LORE is specific about Jedi Heroes, IT DOES not list all jedi there were . OUR characters ARENT created by LUCAS arts, we made em, we chose how the story goes , we chose what we wear, because it me and you in the game we are not part of the history we are part of the future, so this does not break ANYTHING because it individuals who chose the red color !

And you say that RED is rare... ITS NOT we are living the future now, as i said this is not a game. The lore does't describe every single year in galaxy. It was rare , now its not , maybe some one discovered a cave full with red crystals? Began cheap sale? Why it is so hard to imagine that ?

YOu know whats not also in lore? Your character so please go delete it , i hate that the game game does't go by IP, All we should see is Lukes and Leias running around . Ogh and Yodas lots of em!

P.s THIS!

"I don't need to remind you that a crimson blade doesn't guarantee that the wielder is a Sith, any more than every person strong in the Force is a Jedi. Asajj Ventress was a mere apprentice to Dooku, not a true Sith. A crimson blade can owe to nothing more than a synthetic power crystal. Then crimson is simply a color, like Master Windu's amethyst blade."

―Roan Shryne[src]

Edited by Duneadah

A friend gave me a red crystal, and I couldn't use the light ones, and the red one had better stats than my current crystal. Lo and behold I am a red saber user.

It also looks cool, I'm basically neutral but sometimes I dip into Dark 1, annnd that's about it for me.

Can an individual character use a red saber? Yes. It was fine in KOTOR. But this is a game in which thousands of people are playing at the same time, meaning thousands of Jedi using red sabers.... which does not happen in Star Wars.

One person having an odd color in a single player game is different than thousands in an MMO.

So its ok for one player to have it, but not thousands? Is it ok for a just a few or can there literally only be one jedi in the entire galaxy with a red saber? Wheres the line and whats the magical number where it suddenly goes from being ok to becoming too many?

Once u've come up with the magic number should bioware put only that amount of red crystals per server so that the players dont go over the limit? Or should they just not be allowed alltogether because people going a colour they want and customising their character doesnt fit in with your view of what Star Wars is?

So its ok for one player to have it, but not thousands? Is it ok for a just a few or can there literally only be one jedi in the entire galaxy with a red saber? Wheres the line and whats the magical number where it suddenly goes from being ok to becoming too many?

agree

Going back to that KOTOR argument. Technically there is only 1 character/Hero, yours. Therefore there would be only 1 Jedi using a red saber.

For example there aren't really 238 Sith warriors running around doing errands for Darth Baras.

it was blue, then i get a better yellow crystal, then it was red because of higher stats, then it was blue again (higher stats, who would have guessed?) then due to the statistics on the next green crystal I obtained it changed colour again. Now its red because it has some really high numbers on it. SO yeh Im really annoying, *** am I doing...

I think ive descried whats oi ng on here in as many ways as possible. this should stop the silly long thread about a really obvious issue.

Haha! Guys, it's Spymaster. He's been whining about trivial things since these forums opened. I remember him making really off-the-wall baseless assumptions of what the game would be like years ago...

I assumed he'd given up when this game didn't turn out in the ridiculous way he had envisioned. Pretty funny seeing him here still whining about stuff.