Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

By your logic Sentinels can only use yellow, guardians blue, consular green, yadda yadda yadda.

I like Red, my Jedi is a Dark Jedi (corruption and all, and I'm not like those FAKE Sith who turn off their corruption :p ) I just Hate the empire. My hate of the empire makes me strong, yadda yadda yadda, following my dark path.

If I were you I'd be more cRaZy about Sith Jugs in Bounty Hunter sprite orange gear :p or is it only Guardians who roll in Trooper sprites lol.

TBH it's just a game and I didn't pay for it to have you OP tell me that I can't use Red :p

Edited by Ramaos

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By your logic Sentinels can only use yellow, guardians blue, consular green, yadda yadda yadda.

That's not my logic at all. By my logic people can use whatever they want, but they should stop pretending it fits the lore, and just accept that it's annoying to some people.

Can we all just agree that this guy is an idiot who wants to force his preferences onto everyone else's experience and let the thread die? Thanks!

So rather than read what I write, you should all just get together and make up what you think I want in your heads, and then call me names about it?

Wow.... some of you people really are just sad.

Why does every republic Jedi I see have a red lightsaber? I knew this would happen.... ugh so annoying.

I play only Republic and it annoys me too. I think Sith should only be able to use red light sabers and nothing else and Republic should not be able to use them at all.

No one has a problem with you expressing your opinion. What people have a problem with is when you express it while sounding like an arrogant jerk. Which is essentially what you have done, calling people who don't agree with you names like "emo" right from the first page.

So quit trying to set yourself up as a martyr. All you're doing is whining about something you don't like, and trying to piss all over everyone who disagrees with you.

So rather than read what I write, you should all just get together and make up what you think I want in your heads, and then call me names about it?

Nope, I read it! And from what I can gather this entire thread is just you whining about how it's annoying to you so nobody should do it. Nobody cares what you think pal, sorry!

Edited by bstucker

I play only Republic and it annoys me too. I think Sith should only be able to use red light sabers and nothing else and Republic should not be able to use them at all.

/agree.

If a Jedi wants to be "dodgy" get an orange one... red shouldnt be available for a Jedi

y'know i have a lot of time for "lore" but im sorry...

you don't get to call other people "sad" when your posting in an online forum about a massive mutiplayer online role playing game based on star wars and going on about about "lore" inaccuracies.

"glass houses" an' all that.

Edited by Sleekit

from what I can gather this entire thread is...

Except that what you've "gathered" is a lie, since I've never once told other people how they can and can't play.

My only argument is that it goes against the lore, and that I'm annoyed by it. Nothing more. So what exactly did you read? :eek:

y'know i have a lot of sympathy for lore lovers but im sorry...

you don't get to call other people "sad" when your posting in an online forum about a massive mutiplayer role playing game based on star wars and going on about about "lore" inaccuracies.

"glass houses" an all that.

Ummm actually there's nothing sad about posting here unless you're just here to call people names. So yeah, my house is perfectly strong. No glass.

No one has a problem with you expressing your opinion.

Suuuurrrrrree........

By the way.... I said using red is too emo for my taste. I didn't call anyone a name.

Edited by Spymaster

That's not my logic at all. By my logic people can use whatever they want, but they should stop pretending it fits the lore, and just accept that it's annoying to some people.

Ok after you stop your BS in this thread and and just accept you are annoying to some people. Ok? Ok.

Except that what you've "gathered" is a lie, since I've never once told other people how they can and can't play.

My only argument is that it goes against the lore, and that I'm annoyed by it. Nothing more. So what exactly did you read? :eek:

So now you are going to take a fraction of my quote and twist. Nice! I read that you think it's annoying that Republic's use red sabers, because it doesn't fit the "lore", and people shouldn't do this because it sours YOUR experience! Which is what I said before, and what you just said as well. Oh, and you think people are "sad" because of it. Really? LOL. Play on a RP server or something, sheesh. No need for the thread.

Ummm actually there's nothing sad about posting here unless you're just here to call people names. So yeah, my house is perfectly strong. No glass.

really ? so lets say i took you out to a club and we were approaching an enchanting group of prospective meaningful acquaintances...you'd consider mentioning this topic in casual conversation NOT social suicide then ?

you're the representative of a clique within a clique within a clique.

nothing wrong with that BUT you should at least be aware the fact.

you don't get to call people "sad" because to the general population we're all "a bit sad".

Edited by Sleekit

No, still a problem. It's way too many of them to fit the lore.

Is there a canonical source to dictate how many Jedi or Sith existed in the Old Republic time period and how many of them may have been unaligned?

The Old Republic timeline is largely unwritten, there could be thousands of unaligned force users, if not millions.

That's why Bioware chose this time period, it's very open.

really ? so lets say i took you out to a club and we were approaching an enchanting group of prospective meaningful acquaintances...you'd consider this topic NOT social suicide then ?

If I considered people on these forums to be "an enchanting group of prospective meaningful acquaintances" you'd have a point...... but since in realty you people can't even talk lore without attacking me, I don't really care what you all think.

If I considered people on these forums to be "an enchanting group of prospective meaningful acquaintances" you'd have a point...... but since in realty you people can't even talk lore without attacking me, I don't really care what you all think.

I think youre in the wrong subsection if you want to discuss lore.

....I'm sure theres quite a few here in the general area that just dont care that youre mad about Jedi Bob and his red poker.

Edited by ArtMonster

If your character is darkside lvl 1 or above you cannot use blue or green no matter what your class. Likewise in order to use a red sabre your character has to be either neutral or dark side. So those Jedi's who use red sabres are by definition not light side Jedi's.

Now all that is missing, is the ability to swide swap and make your Jedi a Sith! :-)

I would have honestly just gone with the purple lightsaber (which is why I am going with magenta). Red feels odd to use, but it's not like dark jedi can use blue or green. We do have yellow and orange though. I tend to use orange a lot since it seems like a good balance between dark and light in looks.

Is there a canonical source to dictate how many Jedi or Sith existed in the Old Republic time period and how many of them may have been unaligned?

The Old Republic timeline is largely unwritten, there could be thousands of unaligned force users, if not millions.

That's why Bioware chose this time period, it's very open.

You're confusing what "could be" with what fits the rest of the Star Wars galaxy. Yes, this time period is open, but that doesn't mean thousands of Ewok Jedi suddenly would fit the story.

It CAN happen, we don't know that it didn't.... but that doesn't make it fit with the thousands of other years we do know about.

I can guarantee you that they don't CARE if they're annoying you.

Yes, technically dark jedi were rare during this time period, however without restricting people's play styles and taking away the alignment choice (which isn't going to happen) you're just going to have to deal with the reality of the fact that the people around you have chosen differently than you would like.

Lore doesn't even enter into their decisions.

You might as well say only the very elite no-life players can even roll a Jedi. That'll go over well. Hmm. That sounds familiar...

Edited by VorpalK