Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

If Jedi using red sabres en mass bothers you that much, don't play.

Are you on an RP server? Are you part of an RP group? If you aren't, you really shouldn't care that much about what people playing Jedi characters are doing if you are not interacting with them in their personal stories or they in yours.

Cut it out.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jedi using red sabres en mass bothers you that much, don't play.

Yeah that's great for the game. :rolleyes: Like I need you to tell me that.

Are you on an RP server? Are you part of an RP group?

No, I don't RP with people. That doesn't mean I don't care if the game fits the IP or not.

If you aren't, you really shouldn't care that much about what people playing Jedi characters are doing if you are not interacting with them in their personal stories or they in yours.

I interact with them constantly as I fight with and against them in PvP groups.

Cut it out.

Ok mom. :rolleyes:

Edited by Spymaster

It's trolling to want the game to fit the IP?

The thing is, it does.

I don't recall anything that explicitly says only Sith, or even Dark Jedi, are the only people that use red crystals. I do recall a massive page ENTIRELY about everything you'd ever need to know about saber crystals saying clearly that it all comes down to preference, even if the crystals all have certain uses or symbolism.

In fact, it's just as weird that blue is so common in the trilogy era as red is in the server you're playing on.

What I'm saying here, is it fits the IP for a bunch of Jedis to want to use a red lightsaber because they prefer a color, especially since red has as much symbolism tied to it as yellow, green, and purple. It all depends on preference.

Not to mention we aren't considering NPC Jedi.

The thing is, it does.

Now I think you're trolling because I already responded to this.

If it fit the IP for most Jedi to have red, they'd have red... in other time periods, and in the films. They don't have red, hardly ever.... except now, in THIS game? Huh? And not because a wirter or GL said so... but because a bunch of goofy MMO players decided to make it so?

I'm not buying it.

Edited by Spymaster

You can shut up with the false equivalency. Red Crystals exist in Star Wars. Gnomes do not.

The Chandra Fan would like to have a word with you, and so would the Uhgnaughts(sp), and Jawas...

:p

(technically not gnomes...but...yeah they're gnomes)

Next you're going to tell me that there should be limited numbers of Jedi/Sith allowed to be made on each server because they are supposed to be rare. That most of the people on the Republic side should be Troopers because they are the mass army. Riiiight?

If it fit the IP for most Jedi to have red, they'd have red... in other time periods, and in the films. They don't have red, hardly ever.... except now, in THIS game? Huh? And not because a wirter or GL said so... but because a bunch of goofy MMO players decided to make it so?

I'm not buying it.

You're not getting it.

Who's to say a Jedi might not be a good that wants a red lightsaber? You don't have to be evil to like red. It's totally believable for a large portion to select red just as easily as blue. There's nothing saying otherwise. It's a tradition for a Jedi's first saber to be blue, and a Sith's to be red. There's nothing saying they can't change it, and nothing saying it doesn't fit the IP.

I'm not buying it.

What did luke give leia again? Ah yes, a ruby red lightsaber! whee! lore fits, stop crying.

Anyway, i have a red crystal because ive worked damn hard to keep it like that. Ive taken my light side points to the absolute brink, but ive had to keep from choosing the natural obvious choice for me thousands of times in game. Its not easy :) I earned this stupid color so im going to use it.

Plus, its way better than every other readily available color except maybe blue. Who wants an orange or yellow lightsaber?

All these people running around with Sniper Rifles doesn't bother you?? I don't remember that from the movies?

Jedi with a red lightsaber ?

how about a Jedi with 2 Blue lightsabers??

is that cool?

not in the movies though.

Definitively don't remember Boba Fett shooting healing bullets to his buddies.

This game must be a horrible experience for you.

Plus I've been able to choose my lighsaber color since the days of Jedi Knight games

nothing new

Edited by kionter

Next you're going to tell me that there should be limited numbers of Jedi/Sith allowed to be made on each server because they are supposed to be rare. That most of the people on the Republic side should be Troopers because they are the mass army. Riiiight?

You don't even understand the time periods in Star Wars and how they work, do you?

Edited by Spymaster

Wrong. Because we aren't talking about one or two guys we are talking about the majority of Jedi having red, which does NOT fit in Star Wars at all.

Heck, even a large number of Sith with blue is bad enough, but that many dark jedi fighting for the republic? Really?

The internet community is after all full of people that would most definitely be dark side.

All these people running around with Sniper Rifles doesn't bother you?? I don't remember that from the movies?

It doesn't have to be "in the movies" for it to fit in the star wars back drop. Couple hundred guys with sniper rifles fit in star wars.... couple hundred Jedi with red sabers does not.

I really don't see how people can pretend they don't get that point.

how about a Jedi with 2 Blue lightsabers??

Again.... this is something out of place in Star Wars. You're hung up on JUST the movies, I'm not.

Lots of Jedi with red sabers doesn't fit the movies or ANY OTHER TIME in star wars history. That's the difference.

Definitively don't remember Boba Fett shooting healing bullets to his buddies.

Yeah, well that's pretty stupid to be honest, but healing is a needed game mechanic. Jedi with red sabers is not. Also, it's not as out there and in your face as the light sabers are... you don't even have to see the Jedi fight to see he's breaking lore.

Plus I've been able to choose my lighsaber color since the days of Jedi Knight games.[/quote.[/quote.

One person having an odd color in a single player game is different than thousands in an MMO.

Edited by Spymaster

Wrong. Because we aren't talking about one or two guys we are talking about the majority of Jedi having red, which does NOT fit in Star Wars at all.

Heck, even a large number of Sith with blue is bad enough, but that many dark jedi fighting for the republic? Really?

Hey we all know republicans are the evil. :p

Again.... this is something out of place in Star Wars. You're hung up on JUST the movies, I'm not. .

Who are any of us?

It's not me deciding what happens in Star Wars, it was George Lucas. But sadly the Devs decided to let the players pick on this one, and of course the players are going to try and be funny and pick the opposite of what actually fits..

Well in accordance to your boy George Lucas, the movies are the only thing that matters.

Edited by kionter

Well in accordance to your boy George Lucas, the movies are the only thing that matters.

Wow... great argument. :rolleyes:

red is so lame.

I pop out like a ***** in sweat pants as a Sith Sorc with a blue lightsaber.

The sad thing is... sith with blue / green is more common than Jedi with those colors. At least on my server.

Edited by Spymaster

Freedom goes that far. You cant be a Jedi wielding red saber or Sith with green! Its stupid, its a role playing and you chose to play good or bad guy.

Then ofcourse the analogy is all tripped off.

Bad Force Users under Republic or Empire. Good Force Users under Republic or Empire. That kind of liberty tips me off.

If I were you I would be more upset over colors being in the game that are not in the movies ( pink )

Actually I hadn't seen pink before so It's hard for something I don't see in game to bother me. Red I see constantly.

With that said... pink is utterly stupid.

But I am not you so I don't care

Wow you're cool.

Apparantly the number of people who actually care if this game fits the setting are very few. Does that mean I get to play as a gnome then?

Wow... great argument. :rolleyes:.

It is, in accordance to him everything else is pretty much fan fiction.

There is nothing stopping somebody for making a decent Star Wars novel and get approved.

Everything that's not the movies is just made up from people like you and I (Not George Lucas)

be it a writer, game developer, or like you put it, goofy mmo players

My Sentinel duel wields a blue saber and a red saber. And what is interesting is that I'm a currently Teir III for the Light side.

I received my red saber with the red crystal already inside it and for some reason it let me equip it even though it said it was forbidden. However I probably can't remove the crystal or exchange it with another if I want to keep using the saber.

The only reason I still use red is just because of the fact that I'm light side and it still let me use it.