Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I considered people on these forums to be "an enchanting group of prospective meaningful acquaintances" you'd have a point...... but since in realty you people can't even talk lore without attacking me, I don't really care what you all think.

i wasn't attacking you.

however if you want to use lore logic i can play the game.

every sith & jedi build their own lightsaber. as such all the people playing sith and jedi in this game are exercising their and by extension their characters freedom of choice in doing so.

you have no more right to dictate what people "should have" that you would have to follow every jedi and sith ever trained around and cast the crystals they chose to collect from their hands.

Edited by Sleekit

You're confusing what "could be" with what fits the rest of the Star Wars galaxy. Yes, this time period is open, but that doesn't mean thousands of Ewok Jedi suddenly would fit the story.

It CAN happen, we don't know that it didn't.... but that doesn't make it fit with the thousands of other years we do know about.

It doesn't have to fit with the thousands of years we know about, it only has to not contradict the lore already established for the time period.

With Jedi and Sith being far more common in this time period, it's entirely possible that many of force sensitives choose to self train, or even train with others who chose not to follow either path.

With both the Jedi and Sith code being so extreme, it's entirely realistic to assume in a much more force heavy universe (As in more force users overall) that a large number choose to use their abilities without aligning to either extreme.

Not to mention there would probably be a significant amount of defectors from each side, who may have become accustomed to their own light saber and it's crystal and don't want to change.

It also provides tactical benefits. From a distance it may be harder to determine your enemies from your allies.

This is a part of the time line that has a lot of flux, let yourself be less rigid.

I have not made a Jedi yet but wish to soon and make it my main.

Is it really that common for all Jedi players to go Dark?

I don't see all that many, so I'm guessing not.

Though maybe is because you need to be dark to romace, don't you?
Nope; my consular is almost light 5 and married.

If it were up to me, I would completely remove alignment restrictions from color crystals. It just limits how the player can customize their look.

The only person that said good guys green and blue, bad guys red was George Lucas, and I don't give a rat's *** about anything he has to say anymore.

No, still a problem. It's way too many of them to fit the lore.

Take it up with BioWare and get them to remove alignment restrictions on crystals. Dark sided Jedi are stuck with red, orange, or yellow, unless you luck out and get a rarer color somewhere. I don't like the way yellow looks, and I'm not spending the comms for a lightsaber just for an orange crystal, so I'm stuck with red. I'd use blue if I could.

TBH between this thread and the one yesterday complaining about having to kill stuff in groups to get social points, I think you're just trolling, but at least your a subtle troll, and not a raging emo, like most of the ones here.

...what fits the rest of the Star Wars galaxy. Yes, this time period is open, but that doesn't mean thousands of Ewok Jedi suddenly would fit the story.......

and that galaxy (like all other galaxies in the universe) have approximately 200-300 billion stars and span hundreds of light years across, with approx how many planets each potentially ?

with those odds.... I'm pretty sure ewoks would have the statistical odds of having red lightsabers growing out of thier hairy bellybutton holster.

galaxies are huge bud....anything can happen.

Wow... great argument. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is... sith with blue / green is more common than Jedi with those colors. At least on my server.

The unfortunate reality is, developers arem't as concerned with keeping the game in line with the IP as they are about making money. So they take concessions that weaken the strength of the IP to draw people in. STO is exactly the same in this regard. There's no universal Starfleet Uniform - rules on unfiroms apparently got abolished or something :rolleyes: and Federation ships can equip any kind of energy weapon and projectile they like, romulan, klingon etc...why stay true to the IP if we can't make enough money off it is the way it goes unfortunately.

i wasn't attacking you.

Ummmm you called me sad for posting about star wars lore, in comparison with someone calling me an idiot. As if calling people idiot and posting about lore was equally sad.

Yeah, you kinda were attacking me.

you have no more right to dictate what people "should have" that you would have to follow every jedi and sith ever trained around and cast the crystals they chose to collect from their hands

You're comming up with earth reasons to justify everyone having red sabers in Star Wars.... but that doesn't suddwenly change the fact that this excuse doesn't fit into any other time period in Star Wars history. So again, just becuase they CAN have red, doesn't mean it fits the lore for such a large number to have them.

Edited by Spymaster

All i have to say to OP is:

TROLL MUCH?!

I mean seriously? You really care all that much what color sabers people are running around with? Man, if that bothers you that much, I'd be kinda scared to see what's a 'major issue' with you.

:eek:

It doesn't have to fit with the thousands of years we know about.

If you're going to argue that it fits the lore, then yes it does.

Like I said.... a thousand ewok Jedi doesn't contradict established lore... but does it fit the story of Star Wars?? No, it really does not.

If you're going to argue that it fits the lore, then yes it does.

Like I said.... a thousand ewok Jedi doesn't contradict established lore... but does it fit the story of Star Wars?? No, it really does not.

And we're not talking about Ewok Jedi, that's a strawman dude, it's bad form.

We're talking about the possibility of a large number of non-Jedi force users who are also non-Sith who may choose to use traditionally sith coloured Lightsabers.

That is a perfectly reasonable assertion and fits the lore just fine, as there have been non-aligned force using organizations in the lore.

For example, the Knights of the Empire. They were force users that were neither dark or light side, neither Sith nor Jedi. They aligned with the Empire, but they generally used green and blue sabers.

Force users, lightsaber users, but neither Jedi nor Sith. And, they were Imperials using generally lightside colours.

We're not talking Ewok Jedi, so take that strawman garbage out of here and debate like a logical and rational human being.

Edited by Yfelsung

Ummmm you called me sad for posting about star wars lore, in comparison with someone calling me an idiot. As if calling people idiot and posting about lore was equally sad.

Yeah, you kinda were attacking me.

i did not call you "sad".

i said that wasn't an insult that people should use in this...situation. neither is "geek" or "nerd" btw.

because the simple fact is to the vast majority of people we all are.

You're comming up with earth reasons to justify everyone having red sabers in Star Wars.... but that doesn't suddwenly change the fact that this excuse doesn't fit into any other time period in Star Wars history. So again, just becuase they CAN have red, doesn't mean it fits the lore for such a large number to have them.
that's not an "earth" reason at all. its entirely justifiable within the lore. it only depends on your chosen pov. if you want to get technical saber crystal deposit shortages and discoverys are mentioned in some lore but you know no better than i what the distribution and/or availability situation was of certain crystals at the time of the old republic. Edited by Sleekit

Take it up with BioWare and get them to remove alignment restrictions on crystals.

Why? Again...I'm not trying to control how people play. I'm just posting my opinion.

I think you're just trolling

I'm not.

We don't agree on a couple topics, that doesn't make me a troll. But trying the turn thread personal like some of you do... now that, I consider trolling.

There's no limitations on what colors Jedi use. Mace, the bad mother****er, Windu, had a purple lightsaber, which means walking the line between Light and Dark (according to lore).

My Sith Juggernaut has a blue lightsaber, and my Sentinel has blue lightsabers, but prefers yellow, because yellow symbolizes the Sentinel (again, according to lore).

It all comes down to preference. And I prefer to not be a dick about the colors people like.

Was mace windu really awesome in a book or something? I do not understand his appeal. He died, quite frankly like a B word.

And we're not talking about Ewok Jedi, that's a strawman dude, it's bad form.

It's not a Straw man at all... it's an example of something that COULD happen in this time period. Again.... whether it could happen or not isn't the issue... does it fit the story? To me an army of Ewok Jedi is just as lore fitting as a huge number of Jedi using red sabers during this one small window of time.

To add, I agree with the OP, it's annoying and not something i am a fan of. Same as Light Side Sith and Dark Side Jedi, but have to remember it's a game and the devs at the end of the day (and their bosses) only care about the $$. After all, what percentage of the playerbase simply wouldn't play if they couldn't choose their saber color and whether they ae light or dark. More than enough to scare the developers into "making game based concessions" or as i prefer to call it, butchering the IP.

This whole issue would of been fixed if Bioware had of been innovative and allowed a faction switch to Empire if you fell too far to the darkness. That's where I thought they were going when I witnessed all the mirror classes.

But no instead they choose not to have this, my guess is EA is the culprit and banned BW from doing this so they can rip off WoWs faction change and make bank in the process.

It's not a Straw man at all... it's an example of something that COULD happen in this time period. Again.... whether it could happen or not isn't the issue... does it fit the story? To me an army of Ewok Jedi is just as lore fitting as a huge number of Jedi using red sabers during this one small window of time.

It is a strawman because it is a ludicrous idea that COULD happen, but would be unlikely.

While the actual argument is about Jedi using red sabers, which is not nearly as ludicrous.

You are setting up an easier argument to defeat, that's the definition of a straw man.

I've given you examples of in-lore neutral force-user societies. An example of one that is allied with the Empire while using traditionally Jedi coloured crystals.

The Knights of the Empire alone justify the lore-appropriate nature of Jedi and Sith using opposing colour crystals.

Don't make up examples to fight the point, fight the specific point, as using bad examples to fight the point is USING A STRAWMAN.

....or as i prefer to call it, butchering the IP.

I'm pretty sure that the people that get "head-vein pops" about lore issues are not a big enough group for bioware to really care.

I'm also willing to bet the VAST majority of players "dont care" ...... therefore, the game breaking problem has been solved before it even happend.

i did not call you "sad".

i said that wasn't an insult that people should use in this...situation. neither is "geek" or "nerd" btw.

because the simple fact is to the vast majority of people we all are.

Can you not follow your own logic?

You just called us all sad, nerd geeks. That's an insult. I'm not a nerd or a geek, or sad. Maybe you are. I don't know. I like Star wars, wow I should be so ashamed. :rolleyes:

The guy calling me an idiot is sad. Don't come in her and imply that I'm sad too, and then pretend you didn't insult me.

its entirely justifiable within the lore.

Sure if you're making the argument that it CAN happen.... as I've agreed. But AGAIN.... proving something CAN happen is not the same as proving it FITS into the lore. If you want to make up some lore based excuse to let people use red, go for it.... it still doens't FIT with the back drop we're supposed to be playing in.

Edited by Spymaster