Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

I don't understand (with todays technology) why my client (on my PC) can't show my lightsaber (or blaster bolts) any color I want, while everyone else's client show's colors as what you would expect (i.e. jedi with blue or sith with red).

That way everyone would be happy! Everyone could have pink or mauve lightsabers while everyone else would see the standard color.

That way you wouldn't have people crying because their client would only see the standard colors regardless of what any one's individual client is showing its own individual user.

Good suggestion.

No one is "crying" though. What is with MMO gamers these days? Everyone who has a problem with the game is crying and screaming and monaing and QQing in your heads?

Edited by Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will you people learn not to feed a troll? Childishly keeping to a single b*hit argument reveals his true nature. As it's been said in this thread, hell, even if all the jedi could only use a red saber it would still fit the lore.

Good suggestion.

No one is "crying" though. What is with MMO gamers these days? Everyone who has a problem with the game is crying and screaming and monaing and QQing in your heads?

Sorry...I have a bunch of teen age kids that have no clue about the real world or life in general. So when they complain about stuff being unfair or not right I tell them to stop crying until they have to pay a mortgage, electric bill, or buy groceries.

It's noting personal...it's just a reflex action.

I don't understand (with todays technology) why my client (on my PC) can't show my lightsaber (or blaster bolts) any color I want, while everyone else's client show's colors as what you would expect (i.e. jedi with blue or sith with red).

That way everyone would be happy! Everyone could have pink or mauve lightsabers while everyone else would see the standard color.

That way you wouldn't have people crying because their client would only see the standard colors regardless of what any one's individual client is showing its own individual user.

That would only invite more people to complain. The reason why people enjoy coloring their sabers is so they can show them off to other people. If everyone just saw generic colors, then all the fun of customization would be sucked out of it.

You can't care about both?

You can, but you can't expect others to. On a RP it's expected that everyone takes into consideration everyone else to keep the atmosphere. on a PvP server i'm under the impression that it's less about what the person standing next to you looks like, unless they look like they have weak gear... then i guessing you just kill them...

(I dont play on PvP or RP servers xD i play on PvE...)

Sorry...I have a bunch of teen age kids that have no clue about the real world or life in general. So when they complain about stuff being unfair or not right I tell them to stop crying until they have to pay a mortgage, electric bill, or buy groceries.

It's noting personal...it's just a reflex action.

No problem. Thanks for the apology.

You can, but you can't expect others to. On a RP it's expected that everyone takes into consideration everyone else to keep the atmosphere. on a PvP server i'm under the impression that it's less about what the person standing next to you looks like, unless they look like they have weak gear... then i guessing you just kill them...

(I dont play on PvP or RP servers xD i play on PvE...)

Again.... thanks for your input. I'm seriously considering it. Sad though that the Devs couldn't have made things a little bit more controlled so it's not so easy for players to just flaunt the lore.

When will you people learn not to feed a troll? Childishly keeping to a single b*hit argument reveals his true nature. As it's been said in this thread, hell, even if all the jedi could only use a red saber it would still fit the lore.

Ummm how is THIS not trolling? ^

Edited by Spymaster

That would only invite more people to complain. The reason why people enjoy coloring their sabers is so they can show them off to other people. If everyone just saw generic colors, then all the fun of customization would be sucked out of it.

Easy fix...just add a toggle on the preferences screen!

They aren't going to change this no matter how much you complain about it. You don't take out completely cosmetic customization options. You're just going to have to deal with it.

I am dealing with it. That doesn't mean I shouldn't show my displeasure.

City of Heroes gave you the ability to color you individual powers. It was unfortunate though becuase most people had not color sense at all. You'd get 3 or 4 active buffs on you and you could not see!

There is no connection between lightsaber color and personality. That's straight from Lucasfilm and the EU universe. Anyone can use any color crystal they want.

You have no basis for your complaint. In fact, the facts support that there shouldn't be any restriction at all.

Edited by Sai-to

The reason why this whole red saber bit is not in the "lore" is because it isn't worth mentioning. Generally speaking, saber colors do speak for which side of the force the user aligns themselves with. But that isn't 100% true.

More over, saber colors symbolize the wielder themselves rather than their force alignment.

Bioware has even stated that the reason why they chose this particular time setting in the Star Wars universe is because it was wholly left unexplored.

The game is writing its own history and in doing so it is free from the rules of your "lore."

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_crystal

just says that sith tended to use red hued synthetics.. nothing about jedi not using red..

Because Jedi DID use red, and CAN use red... it's just rare. That's the problem. This isn't about one or two guys using red, the problem is a large number of republic Jedi using red. It just doesn't happen, ever, in any other time period in Star Wars.

Again... if it's just a matter of "they broke the lore to make some extra money by caving in to people who don't care about the lore.".. ok fine, I can see they want to make money... but it does NOT fit the lore for THIS many Jedi to have red sabers. It's just a fact.

Because Jedi DID use red, and CAN use red... it's just rare. That's the problem. This isn't about one or two guys using red, the problem is a large number of republic Jedi using red. It just doesn't happen, ever, in any other time period in Star Wars.

Again... if it's just a matter of "they broke the lore to make some extra money by caving in to people who don't care about the lore.".. ok fine, I can see they want to make money... but it does NOT fit the lore for THIS many Jedi to have red sabers. It's just a fact.

apparntly on your server the sith are the ones with the blue/green and the jedi are with the read. In your server that is the unwritten lore for you. Doesn't matter what happens 3000 years from now its what happens now. And now on your server the jedi use red (Galatic Empire ftw)

You have no basis for your complaint.

WRONG. I have a huge basis for my argument in that NO OTHER TIME PERIOD IN STAR WARS DO THIS MANY JEDI USE RED.

People keep saying "there is no restriction" as if that is some new information which refutes the fact above. It doens't.

It's like saying you can paint your house any color you want in America.... so I'm going to make a game about America, in which the vast majority of American's live in purple houses with pink spots.

Ok.... No there is no restriction stating that american's can't paint their houses that way... but they don't. So making a game about America with homes like that wouldn't fit the backgroup you're claiming to portray. Is that really so hard for people to grasp?

If there's one thing that's wrong, then it's the black lightsabers. I mean they're called lightsabers for a reason.

Black is the absorption of light. But that doesn't mean that it isn't light itself.

A true black saber would probably one of the coolest things you could ever see. It would absorb all light passing through it. Any light your eyes would have read would have been intercepted by the saber causing you to see a purely black line for the blade of the saber.

Such a phenomenon would honestly be one of the coolest things that I can imagine seeing.

Heres what they should have done from day 1:

Red crystals in republic ONLY if you are dark side 5.

Blue crystals for empire ONLY if you are light side 5.

This would suit you more i feel. It would also annoy lots of people who dont really care about the lore and if they did probably have the more pressing concern of how their little dude can still even be a jedi when their alignment is very much of the dark side of the force.