45 New Servers?

Jowy

Will new servers mater at this point? Most people have guilds or friends already on a server and will most likely join them there. I can only see new servers effecting people coming in after the 20th and are completely new to the game.

According to SR the vast majority of people did not qualify for the guild program import so most people don't have pre-assigned guilds apparently.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to SR the vast majority of people did not qualify for the guild program import so most people don't have pre-assigned guilds apparently.

Plus there has been a lot of talk by people who are currently in guilds of saying forget the guild and striking out on their own because they didn't/aren't getting to play with their guild mates

this made me cry out of excitement

I hope you don't live to regret it.

So far, SWTOR is following the Rift pattern of server deployment .. Trion didn't do a phased Early Access but that's not the point here .. within 48 hours of the Early Start opening they were adding servers.

This was great, the queue largely disappeared and everyone was happy, more or less .. until the 'free' 30 day time expired and numbers of players didn't sign-up, shortly after a series of server mergers were needed which destroyed many new communities on those servers that got removed.

I hope this isn't what'll happen here, but this huge increase in the number of servers isn't a good sign IMO, should SWTOR repeat the history of most MMOS, which is that there is a significant drop off of players after the initial 'free' period, leaving some servers wastelands.

I hope you don't live to regret it.

So far, SWTOR is following the Rift pattern of server deployment .. Trion didn't do a phased Early Access but that's not the point here .. within 48 hours of the Early Start opening they were adding servers.

This was great, the queue largely disappeared and everyone was happy, more or less .. until the 'free' 30 day time expired and numbers of players didn't sign-up, shortly after a series of server mergers were needed which destroyed many new communities on those servers that got removed.

I hope this isn't what'll happen here, but this huge increase in the number of servers isn't a good sign IMO, should SWTOR repeat the history of most MMOS, which is that there is a significant drop off of players after the initial 'free' period, leaving some servers wastelands.

But, this is precisely the reason that they only released the servers they did initially. They wanted people to fill those up to balance out the server populations. If they had released 145 servers on Tuesday (like RIft did), people would have spread out to thinly and they would have had to merge...and people would have complained about low pop servers.

Now that those are full, they can release more servers to handle the loads tomorrow and Friday.

them better be crashed servers or they are asking for a crapstorm thats a total spit in the face they add that many new servers and not invite every preoder and only about 4 servers world wide are full.

how is this a spit in the face the are rewarding the people who fallowed this site for the 3 years and pre ordered right in the begining everyone else will still get 5 days like that said with the pre oder there is no crapstorm to come unless its by eletist people who think that cuz they are alive they should be first all BW is doing is being a good fair to loyal people

sorry for the wall of text i dont feel up to proper grammer

BW know's what they are doing, best launch ever :). Soon we will all be ingame. Few years swtor awaits, can't wait!

Much to the chagrin of all the whiners here on the forums, BioWare really does.

I have a coworker in California who has been playing since the 13th and this morning he said so far his server (Begeron Colony) has been awesome. Totally stable with no lag, the same with other servers he's tried.

Edited by iain_b

no its not they said july was the biggest preorder month to date and they are in july to oct2 so far and not more then 4 full servers world wide.

Its Massive as in 2nd only to July. They got a huge surge at the end of the month due to the open beta's. So, yes, it is huge compared to the two months they brought in today.

I agree that they were empty for pretty much the entire last two days, but tonight after all the waves got in, the servers have gotten considerably more cramped.

You have no facts to base any of this on, except what the server status page is showing you (ie artificially low population limits).

You have no facts to base any of this on, except what the server status page is showing you (ie artificially low population limits).

True. I only have the server status page, and word of mouth from friends and associates. Then again, we're here to speculate, not to confirm or deny :) Take everything you read with a grain of salt!